[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Was sitting in Marpole out side Safeway in the parking lot with the ex, listening to that 11- 0 beating the Canucks put on Calgary in 92.

Dang, I was wrong about the other 9-goal effort. I can't use Twitter at work. Does the Tweet mention when the other 9-goal differential was and what the score was?

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Which NHL team has the longest losing streak to start a season?

The 1943-44 New York Rangers, the 2021-22 Arizona Coyotes and the 2017-18 Arizona Coyotes share the NHL record for the longest losing streak within the same season at 11 straight games.

I'm glad to learn that Vancouver isn't on that list!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nucklifer said:

I'm just amazed at what they're accomplishing.

Really thought our Ozone game would have a set back to play a tighter game defensively. Nope, wrong there.

If there was a player to add to that core it would be our high minute man, Hronek. He has been worth the picks and then some with his play. I don't think Quinns numbers would be the same without pairing with Hronek. 

Our best addition bar none is Tocchet. This guy should be a front runner for the Jack Adams right now.

He has done some magic with our core and the buy in. Remembering last year when he was asked about Millers tantrums on some games and he just called it "mentally weak" or even when media ask about Peteys hat trick and said " but he had a few turnovers and he needs to clean that up". Also to have the awareness to have other coaches do some talking so players don't get tired of his voice.

Accountability and bringing it every game is still not perfect but he is bringing a better game out of almost every player compared to last year.

Looking forward to playing Dallas, Edmonton and a few other higher tiered teams (yes, still think Edmonton will bounce back from a slow start)

They need a barometer test similar to the Rangers who they could have beat if not for the slew foot on Petey. Lame non call of the year!

He seems like a true alpha who is in charge and control of his feelings, expressions and how he wants to deal with things while having respect from everyone he is leading

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

50/50.   We were excited we got a good player, but it wasn't as clear cut as you're making it out either.     Dobson was for sure a big target, so was Bouchard (RHD's).   EDM didn't even have a Bouchard jersey because they didn't think he'd be available.  Plus there was also a contingent that wanted Boqvist.   That's how I remember the CDC back then anyways. 

that's all well and good. I'm speaking for those of us who saw it. people being wrong about the canucks on CDC is pretty par for the course. 

59 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Sounds like you're agreeing with what I said. 

what you said was that myers was specifically told to play defensive hockey without taking risks. I'm not agreeing with that in the slightest. 

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

That's too bad.

A shutout is no small thing, I know it seems petty and not classy but I am a truth addict. If it happened, if it was interference, it should have been called back. 

Demmer's GAA and shutout record takes a hit because we feel bad for the Sharks? That sucks. 

I'm not sure we would have won the challenge.

It looked as if Demko might have extended to 'help' the interference happen.

I'd put the video here if I knew how to do that.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, tas said:

what you said was that myers was specifically told to play defensive hockey without taking risks. I'm not agreeing with that in the slightest. 

as predicted, once a coach was put in place, the play of certain players would show significant improvement.  It's unfortunate they decided to buyout OEL and take on that huge anchor because he would have been a solid top 4 D in a good system.........at least long enough to make a buyout less painful

Just now, stawns said:

as predicted, once a coach was put in place, the play of certain players would show significant improvement.  It's unfortunate they decided to buyout OEL and take on that huge anchor because he would have been a solid top 4 D in a good system.........at least long enough to make a buyout less painful

I'm content with the buyout. needed to move out toxic energy and clear the slate. with the cap rising, the team can work around it. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

That crazy emotion, a thumbs up and "that's a home run!"  has no place in something as serious as a draft.   "That's a small body " hope Burke has the balls to admit he was wrong too. 

Burke would admit it if asked. Old schoolers aren't afraid to admit mistakes, lol. I am one, not a sign of weakness to admit fault. Actually  just the opposite. 

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

two seasons of a $5m caphit when they have to re-sign Petey is going to be tough

it's an obstacle, but this management group is forward-thinking enough that they wouldn't have done it if they thought it would be an issue. I trust they have it under control. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

After his 5-point effort last night, there's a strong case for it I think, but it is somewhat cherry picking a good stopping point. I do my 1/4 season awards after 20 games and I'm very eager to see where he ranks on my Norris rating at that point.

Oh cherry picking for sure, although, at the same time, he didn't do anything more last night that he hasn't been doing in the previous 9 games.  It's just San Jose is really bad and his efforts were more pronounced on the score sheet.  Quinn Hughes has been great for us in the past, but he's been another level so far this year.  Yes, 10 games isn't a huge sample size.  Part of me thinks this can't be sustainable, but another part of me says "Why not?"

As always, we'll see.  Part of what makes sports fun to watch.

Just now, Wilbur said:

Oh cherry picking for sure, although, at the same time, he didn't do anything more last night that he hasn't been doing in the previous 9 games.  It's just San Jose is really bad and his efforts were more pronounced on the score sheet.  Quinn Hughes has been great for us in the past, but he's been another level so far this year.  Yes, 10 games isn't a huge sample size.  Part of me thinks this can't be sustainable, but another part of me says "Why not?"

As always, we'll see.  Part of what makes sports fun to watch.

So true. He's on pace for 131 points, which is Bobby Orr/Paul Coffey territory, so I doubt he does that. But is 90 points possible? 100? It's crazy that both of those are even remotely plausible.

12 hours ago, Bobby Lou said:

The 1sts for those 2 are what you'd pray a 1st turns into. I was happy with both deals. Hronek hasn't even reached his full potential either which is scary hahah

Nor has Miller.  Just wait and watch !!

• Like 1

So opinion time.

What did everyone think of Stud in for Joshua.

I think Studnika had a more impact? But Joshua has had some good work on the offensive zone too.

About the same?

Just now, Billabong said:

Remember when the Canucks lost 10-0 to Calgary in the pre season and some of you were freaking out? 

you probs feel pretty stupid now eh 

We just don't like history repeating on bad starts.

That's what makes this season so refreshing. The work ethic for everyone is so much better.

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

32 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm content with the buyout. needed to move out toxic energy and clear the slate. with the cap rising, the team can work around it. 

Tocchet coached OEL in Arizona too. He knows what he has in him. If he deemed OEL was worth buying out, I'll take his word. Can't argue with his success so far. Second guessing what seems to be near perfect coaching and management moves seems like we are looking for something to complain about when things are going well. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1