[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

4 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Our tickets said row 4 but there was actually only 1 row between us the Canucks bench.  This was just after the anthems were finished and before puck drop.

They were actually a little too low, seeing through the Canucks bench was easy but the in the first and third period the Sharks coaches, trainers and sticks blocked the Sharks goal.  I had to watch the replays of the first 4 goals to see who / how they were scored.  After the 1st intermission we moved back to a couple aisle seats in row 6.  

IMG_3093.thumb.jpg.d7ffda1537f26cdc6364c56ff7347b2a.jpg

I've always liked higher up seats to get a better view of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goalie29 said:

Agreed.  Best seats I ever had were in the first row of the upper deck, center ice.

Yeah, those gotta be the best. Even when I got to Abbotsford game, I tend to get ones that are close to the back.

I am almost embarrassed to watch the highlights.  Take away for me is the team approaching each game with a singular focus.  They are certainly building the right type of mindset.  They are  good now but they could be so much better with a few minor tweaks and playing together over the next few months.   Fun to watch them play right now.  Dallas will be a tough opponent and another measuring stick.

27 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Exactly.... When you sit back and 'take it'  you might win the game but you're more prone to get hurt.  E.g.  Tanev and Eagle all those years.  The system wasn't aggressive... It was a passive system.  We are now giving it to the other team.  As well, IT WAY MORE ENTERTAINING BRAND OF HOCKEY!!!!

About f'kn time!!!!

We should have a Fuckin' A button.

fuck-yeah-hell-yeah.gif

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Tocchet coached OEL in Arizona too. He knows what he has in him. If he deemed OEL was worth buying out, I'll take his word. Can't argue with his success so far. Second guessing what seems to be near perfect coaching and management moves seems like we are looking for something to complain about when things are going well. 

It's not a coaches issue, but a management.  That said, Tocchet obviously didn't like something about OEL and was probably a significant part of the move.

I wouldn't say shouldering significant cap for a long period is looking for something to complain about.  Had they waited even a year, under a better defensive system, they might have been able to actually move him

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Geoff and Russ Courtnall? Phil and Tony Esposito? The Howe brothers and Gordie? although Gordie was ancient by then,Frank and Peter Mahovolich?Scott and Rob Nidermayer?Barclay and Bob Plager?Maurice and Henri Richard? Luke and Braden Schenn? Marian, Pete and Anton Statsny? Rich and Ron Sutter? Blake and Glenn Wesley? Not many for sure. Its easy to look this up by the way

most the people you mentioned did not play on the same team while they were both in their prime and not all are elite in the league.. most you mention are not even in the sedin category in terms of both players in the elite superstar category.. the 2 hughes are arguably top 5 in their position at the moment.. i dunno some of the older guys you listed.. but i'll venture a guess none of the brothers you mentioned are both top 5 players in their position at the same time in the league and played together.

12 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

Tkachuk bros isn’t even in the same ballpark as the Hughes bros.

The Hughes bros got it all, the likeness, parents etc

If there is any thruth regarding Bettmans influence on the league he might bend a few rules. 

The worst bit here is that Quinn is up for grabs first…

The whole Hughes family seems to be close so I don’t see an issue with them playing together.

And it won’t be a problem gettin Quinn in their cap.

They get rid of Hischier if so. He’s way down below the Hughes bros.

I hope Quinn and Petey stay together and they might if we win a few cups before Quinn has to choose where to be. 

so they get rid of 1 of the game's best 2 way player.. a selke caliber player.. their captain.. just for the 3 hughes brother playing together gimmick?? i thought the goal was to win a cup.. hischier is trending to be the next bergeron and you think the devils will get rid of him just to have the 3 hughes?

50 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Exactly.... When you sit back and 'take it'  you might win the game but you're more prone to get hurt.  E.g.  Tanev and Eagle all those years.  The system wasn't aggressive... It was a passive system.  We are now giving it to the other team.  As well, IT WAY MORE ENTERTAINING BRAND OF HOCKEY!!!!

About f'kn time!!!!

Well know this won't be likely be a thing people like to hear,  but Eagle and Tanev had nobody at all behind them most of those years (until Myers anyways and look how folks rip him!) what the heck would you expect?   Hamhuis and Bieksa  moved on and they were already passed their due date ... 

18 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so they get rid of 1 of the game's best 2 way player.. a selke caliber player.. their captain.. just for the 3 hughes brother playing together gimmick?? i thought the goal was to win a cup.. hischier is trending to be the next bergeron and you think the devils will get rid of him just to have the 3 hughes?

Yes, and it’s not even a question.

The value of them all three together is just insane.

Our luck was that Petey hesitated about signing a long deal wich meant Benning could sign a long deal with Hughes instead.

But some would say Hischier is better than Quinn so some might have been glad to get him instead of Quinn.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

No, highly unlikely Quinn Hughes leaves Vancouver to join New Jersey or his brothers. It is a nice story sure but end of the day Quinn is developing into one of the premier defensemen in the NHL with his own franchise to be Captain of here in Vancouver. He is the go to guy here and I foresee a long career in Vancouver over the majority of his career at the least.

Its all conjecture from all of us really, but I would not just assume there is a flat out allure to join New Jersey because the brothers could play together. Don't under sell what it means to be captain of and relied upon as a leader  and major producer in Vancouver, a beautiful fantastic city in a hockey mad Canadian market.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Canucks: 

• 2x scoring leaders in top 5 (one a defenseman) and 3 in the top 10
  • Leading defensive scorer and 2x defensemen in top 10
  • top 5 goalie for wins/save %
  • 3 players top 10 for 
  • top 3 player for goals scored
  • 3 players in top 3 for +/- and 6 in the top 10
  • league leaders for GF/G
  • Top 2 for PP %
  • League top 5 for GAA and Save % for goaltending duo
  • Amazingly, only 3 players in the top 10 for PP points suggesting most production generated off of 5v5 play

It's a super small 1 month sample size over 10 games with a .750 win % and the best goal differential in the league so far but the quality of competition hasn't exactly been the toughest in Oct with Tampa and NYR giving us the hardest overall games after Seattle.  A loss to Philly to round it out.  Nov is our litmus test IMO as it involves a lot of travel to the east and a spot stop at home here and there.  We tend to do questionably on these road trips and our next game against Dallas with Vegas to end the month.

If we can put it on against Ottawa and Montreal and just rack up the pints against San Jose and Anaheim during our stops against them and come out with even a .500 against our division in Nov we're favourites to make it to the playoffs because that level of lead against our division with the way Edmonton and Calgary have absolutely choked thus far giving us that cushion that can be almost insurmountable.

yup we lead the league in EV goals and +/-

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Yes, and it’s not even a question.

The value of them all three together is just insane.

Our luck was that Petey hesitated about signing a long deal wich meant Benning could sign a long deal with Hughes instead.

But some would say Hischier is better than Quinn so some might have been glad to get him instead of Quinn.

Sorry, but Hischier isn't remotely better than QH. There's no way anyone in their right mind would trade Hughes, straight up for Nico.

• Upvote 1

And in regards to last night's game:

Was entertaining to say the least to see the stats get padded in the team's seventh victory of the season. This is an example of what teams like the Canucks are supposed to do. Nobody kid yourself here, the Sharks are the worst team in the league, Vancouver was supposed to win. Its nice to see they did their job.

Kuzmenko, says a lot about him to stop mid goal celebration to ensure the opposing netminder was ok after inadvertently taking his leg to the head. That is the kind of thing people notice around the league, build a god rep and karma.

Tocchet, thought many can see why e should have challenged the goal on Demko, class move to leave it alone. You reinforce the victory is important, discipline and you show respect to the other club, their coaches and again build on your reputation which we all know matter sin this league.

Solid!

• Like 1

Just now, Barn Burner said:

Sorry, but Hischier isn't remotely better than QH. There's no way anyone in their right mind would trade Hughes, straight up for Nico.

If Petey was the one with the long contract. Hischier would have been one of many players coming this way if the Devils wanted Quinn.

So, yes, Quinn is worth much more than Hischier.

30 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Judging by the three times he would've normally pinched but didn't...

yeah, means he's learning a new system, and starting to get it.

myers has been good for like a half dozen games now and I would bet my paycheque it's not because he's been told to stay home and not jump in. every team in the league wants every one of their d to jump into the play at appropriate times. 

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

10 games in

7-2-1

Wins against

Edmonton          Oilers are  2-6-1

Edmonton

Lost

Philly

Tampa

Win

Florida                  Panthers are 5-3-1

Nashville              Preds are 4-6-0    

St Louis               Blues are  3-4-1

Loss

Rangers

Win

Nashville                

Sharks                   0-9-1

nice start for the Canucks-but they been beating up teams that suck badly.

interesting, I would never say that playing two teams that are basically the same as the team they were last year that 1 made the SCF and the other made the WCF would be a really bad team. Rangers are a very good team which we basically tied, Tampa is a good team id say, nashville i wouldnt call very bad. the only team i would call very bad would be San Jose

9 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

No, highly unlikely Quinn Hughes leaves Vancouver to join New Jersey or his brothers. It is a nice story sure but end of the day Quinn is developing into one of the premier defensemen in the NHL with his own franchise to be Captain of here in Vancouver. He is the go to guy here and I foresee a long career in Vancouver over the majority of his career at the least.

Its all conjecture from all of us really, but I would not just assume there is a flat out allure to join New Jersey because the brothers could play together. Don't under sell what it means to be captain of and relied upon as a leader  and major producer in Vancouver, a beautiful fantastic city in a hockey mad Canadian market.

Still, don’t fool yourself. 
The Sedins got the Canucks a lot of fans due to they were twins and played really good.

Take one away and the value drops.

The Hughes can be three amasing players in the same club at the same time along with their parents connected also. 
The positive value of all of them together is unheard of in the NHL.

I challenge you, find another sieblings or family that can be as positive to a team as they can.

• Haha 1