[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

ok which one of you is Kypreos?  Tocchet is saying all the right things right now... that hipster on the right of kypper gave him the side eye when Tocchet said Miller was playing a 200 foot game. this guy obviously doesnt watch the games, you dont luck out to +8 in the first ten games.

The nucks have shown they can do it for 20-25 games we need 106. they need to put the effort in every night, players that put the effort in have been rewarded by more ice time and more responsibility... Love how i noticed how good friedman was playing and then seeing him on the power play... Studnicka was inserted at the right time, kid needed a game, and im glad it was the big man that was in the presser. earn your day, its really easy too. you just have to sacrifice everything for the moment, and its different for every player what that means. For Brock it's thinking what his dad would want him to do, this inspired him to 'earn his day' for millzy its about being a complete player a 200 footer, for petey its still about working on his strength and speed and stickhandling. Hughes its all about creativity, keep striving to be the best you can be and dont get complacent with the results, if you need to watch 4hours of how marchand cleanly checks his opponents and does it dirty too. The point is they all have something to work on and they need to trust that everyone is earning their day, no more fights or divided rooms like past years.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Fact here is nobody knows, what tomorrow brings, but despite being a family man and having both brothers playing in New Jersey, he may actually like staying here in Vancouver amongst a bunch of talented players... especially if they are winning...

I think Hughes is a loyal player, who appreciates the huge honour of being chosen to be the Captain of a (our) hockey team.

Best way to hold on to your best players are winning, only few likes to leave a winning team.

Yes, winning and listening to your stars

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Amplifier said:

Canucks scored same total of goals in one game against the Sharks that the sharks have scored in total this entire season so far. 

Yeah they said that after the game and I was really surprised. I didn't realize they were THAT bad! But they are and it's a nice warm feeling. 

11 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

ok which one of you is Kypreos?  Tocchet is saying all the right things right now... that hipster on the right of kypper gave him the side eye when Tocchet said Miller was playing a 200 foot game. this guy obviously doesnt watch the games, you dont luck out to +8 in the first ten games.

The nucks have shown they can do it for 20-25 games we need 106. they need to put the effort in every night, players that put the effort in have been rewarded by more ice time and more responsibility... Love how i noticed how good friedman was playing and then seeing him on the power play... Studnicka was inserted at the right time, kid needed a game, and im glad it was the big man that was in the presser. earn your day, its really easy too. you just have to sacrifice everything for the moment, and its different for every player what that means. For Brock it's thinking what his dad would want him to do, this inspired him to 'earn his day' for millzy its about being a complete player a 200 footer, for petey its still about working on his strength and speed and stickhandling. Hughes its all about creativity, keep striving to be the best you can be and dont get complacent with the results, if you need to watch 4hours of how marchand cleanly checks his opponents and does it dirty too. The point is they all have something to work on and they need to trust that everyone is earning their day, no more fights or divided rooms like past years.

It actually shocks me how out of touch these guys are with our team. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

I like soucy... good job 'men' keep up the hustle 'men' Good Goal 'men' little things like this has a huge impact, because it makes you think. everyones expecting you to says boys, but when you say men, it might hold more meaning for some, bring out some emotional charge.

and Hughes talking back to soucy "I make that play 1/3," (bragging a little, but also explaining that he will mostly play the safe play 2/3) hes talking about a defensive deke in the final few minutes with their goalie pulled when we are only up by 2. glad we have a player than can own the smallest piece of ice because he is so confident and smart with the puck.

Edited by Dankmemes187

If we continue this trend to the 1/4 mark of the year I would probably look to make moves.

Would be nice to add another top 4 D-man and more physicality in our bottom 6.

Would give us a more playoff-calibre lineup.

Beau, Garland, Myers would be my moveables. Myers has been playing good with 3rd pair minutes same as Soucy but almost double the cost. Probably try to move Garland/Beau first since I would prefer to take away from our forward depth first. 

52 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we continue this trend to the 1/4 mark of the year I would probably look to make moves.

Beau, Garland, Myers would be my moveables. Myers has been playing good with 3rd pair minutes same as Soucy but almost double the cost. Probably try to move Garland/Beau first since I would prefer to take away from our forward depth first. 

Garland for Montour. 

Florida does it because it would be convenient for us. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

53 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If the team is 14-4-2, after 20 games I ask a bigger question.

Why would we need to make moves, if the team is doing so well?

No one is going to give you a RHD, or elite centre for scraps.

The better the team is performing, the less enticing the 1st round pick becomes.

How about do something groundbreaking for the Canucks, build from within?

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If the team is 14-4-2, after 20 games I ask a bigger question.

Why would we need to make moves, if the team is doing so well?

No one is going to give you a RHD, or elite centre for scraps.

The better the team is performing, the less enticing the 1st round pick becomes.

How about do something groundbreaking for the Canucks, build from within?

We could just be a good regular-season team. We see many teams that are amazing in the regular season but then falter in the postseason.

You also take into account major injuries and whether we're equipped to deal with them. 

Playoffs are a different beast, you cannot equate regular season with it and IMO we should add more toward that. The core is good(like with a lot of good regular season teams) just a supporting cast and another key piece on D.

You see teams like BOS, VGK and TBL who have solid cores but also have a solid lineup around them. They seem to have more long-term success. That's what we need to achieve.

Flames are in the shitter and have RD. Tanev reunion could be a decent placeholder for RD we have. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

We could just be a good regular-season team. We see many teams that are amazing in the regular season but then falter in the postseason.

You also take into account major injuries and whether we're equipped to deal with them. 

Playoffs are a different beast, you cannot equate regular season with it and IMO we should add more toward that. The core is good(like with a lot of good regular season teams) just a supporting cast and another key piece on D.

You see teams like BOS, VGK and TBL who have solid cores but also have a solid lineup around them. They seem to have more long-term success. That's what we need to achieve.

Flames are in the shitter and have RD. Tanev reunion could be a decent placeholder for RD we have. 

Whom you can wait until the season ends and get Tanev for free.

There's your Myers replacement.

I'm sick of the team making moves, when you're not even sure the team will make the playoffs.

This teams history of trades has been meh at best. (Some great, some awful)

How about keep our picks and just draft well. When players are doing well in development. If you have a surplus.

Then you can make moves.

We're not cup favourites yet.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Whom you can wait until the season ends and get Tanev for free.

There's your Myers replacement.

I'm sick of the team making moves, when you're not even sure the team will make the playoffs.

This teams history of trades has been meh at best. (Some great, some awful)

How about keep our picks and just draft well. When players are doing well in development. If you have a surplus.

Then you can make moves.

We're not cup favourites yet.

Yeah but if we're strong in the first 1/4 to 1/2 like we haven't shown in a while then you have to reward players who are desperately hungry and have had frustrations/disappointments. You also have to help thrust this team towards longevity with success. 

The core remaining intact is solidified by success. Management needs to continue to show just as the players. That's why they're looking right now but aren't going balls to the wall. If the team continues down a hot trend then management can take less caution to help prop up the team.

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Whenever somebody worries that Quinn is going to eventually leave the nux to go join his brothers in NJ reflect on this:

1. Quinn is the oldest brother.  He is no different than other families.  The oldest brother is not likely to bail on his team to go join his younger brothers on theirs.

2. Quinn is the Captain and a solid human.  As long as the Canucks are competitive he is not going to bail out on his Captain's role just to go join his brothers.

3. It's actually more likely that one or more of the younger brothers eventually joins their older brother Quinn in Van.

I would not worry about this at all. QH will be here for the long haul unless the team is crap. And given how great a player he is becoming...the team will continue to get better as he does.

There’s just no point in worrying about something that’s 3-4 years away. Enjoy the things now. No one knows what the future brings. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Devron said:

There’s just no point in worrying about something that’s 3-4 years away. Enjoy the things now. No one knows what the future brings. 

Exactly! Our super great (Gillis great IMHAO) understands they need to plan out several years but they also know that building a winner right now is super important. 

• Cheers 1

Who is the one that keeps chirping that Jack Hughes is better than Elias Pettersson?

Elias Pettersson - 19 points, +9, 13 hits, 49.6% faceoffs, 3 blocks, 23 minutes on the penalty kill.

Jack Hughes - 20 points, -1, 2 hits, 36.2% faceoffs, 3 blocks, 0 minutes on the penalty kill.

It's not even close.  Elias Pettersson is the most complete and best forward in the NHL...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, tas said:

yeah, means he's learning a new system, and starting to get it.

myers has been good for like a half dozen games now and I would bet my paycheque it's not because he's been told to stay home and not jump in. every team in the league wants every one of their d to jump into the play at appropriate times. 

The system being let the offensive guys be offensive and the others be more defensive. Myers gets himself into trouble when he pinches and thinks too offensively, hence the lack of pinching lately from him. 

• ThereItIs 1

• Ribs unfeatured and unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, -AJ- said:

True, but to be fair, the Oilers and Preds have lost twice to us and would have better records if you took our games out.

Not only that...

I'd wager those two opening losses we handed them took enough of a bite out of their 'Cup or Bust BS' confidence that their subsequent performance could possibly be credited to us as well. Had they won both those games or even just bounced back and won their home opener, they might not currently be sitting nearly as low in the standings and viewed as poorly as they are.