[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

The system being let the offensive guys be offensive and the others be more defensive. Myers gets himself into trouble when he pinches and thinks too offensively, hence the lack of pinching lately from him. 

Spot on....

when he suddenly has problems controlling his inner QH, he tends to gets caught flat footed behind the oppositions goal. 

Still, in his own zone he has also picked it up. He has played a lot better these last 3-4 games. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Jester13 said:

The system being let the offensive guys be offensive and the others be more defensive. Myers gets himself into trouble when he pinches and thinks too offensively, hence the lack of pinching lately from him. 

no, the system is every guy jumps when the situation calls for it. 

better coaching and a better system is helping him make better reads, that's all. 

Edited by tas
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, tas said:

no, the system is every guy jumps when the situation calls for it. 

better coaching and a better system is helping him make better reads, that's all. 

That may be true, but whatever it is, he os nowhere close to flying all over the place, as he used to...

Definitely improved 

• Cheers 1

On 11/3/2023 at 3:04 PM, wai_lai416 said:

most the people you mentioned did not play on the same team while they were both in their prime and not all are elite in the league.. most you mention are not even in the sedin category in terms of both players in the elite superstar category.. the 2 hughes are arguably top 5 in their position at the moment.. i dunno some of the older guys you listed.. but i'll venture a guess none of the brothers you mentioned are both top 5 players in their position at the same time in the league and played together.

Maurice and Henri had 19 cups between them... The Statsnys played all together I believe on one line at one time. Pete and Frank Mahovolich played together in their prime. Geoff and Russ were prime players when they played together here in Vancouver.  Its ok if you didnt know this but there were brothers before the Sedins. Love Henrik and Daniel but they werent the first and obviously not the last.

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Maurice and Henri had 19 cups between them... The Statsnys played all together I believe on one line at one time. Pete and Frank Mahovolich played together in their prime. Geoff and Russ were prime players when they played together here in Vancouver.  Its ok if you didnt know this but there were brothers before the Sedins. Love Henrik and Daniel but they werent the first and obviously not the last.

geoff and russ is no where near the caliber of the hughes or sedins.. i wouldn't even put them in the eric staal/jordan staal category.. maurice and henri prolly sure since he does have a trophy named after him. but none of those other players are anywhere close to a henrik or daniel level which is what i said originally.. a elite star player in their prime.. the statsny brothers were prolly decent but the only great one out of the 3 was peter.. the other 2 1 was good 1 was average.. kinda like 1 is a scott neidermeyer level and the other is rob neidermeyer i would only put peter in the elite star category. geoff and russ were both good players.. but hardly in the elite category.. 

if i'm just naming brothers that played their prime together on the same team.. there's plenty.. heck pavel and valeri played together.. but i'm specifically talking about elite star players.. like players that were top 5-10 in their position during their primes.. none of them you mentioned are in that category maybe maurice and henri as i really don't know much about them.

13 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

geoff and russ is no where near the caliber of the hughes or sedins.. i wouldn't even put them in the eric staal/jordan staal category.. maurice and henri prolly sure since he does have a trophy named after him. but none of those other players are anywhere close to a henrik or daniel level which is what i said originally.. a elite star player in their prime.. the statsny brothers were prolly decent but the only great one out of the 3 was peter.. the other 2 1 was good 1 was average.. kinda like 1 is a scott neidermeyer level and the other is rob neidermeyer i would only put peter in the elite star category. geoff and russ were both good players.. but hardly in the elite category.. 

if i'm just naming brothers that played their prime together on the same team.. there's plenty.. heck pavel and valeri played together.. but i'm specifically talking about elite star players.. like players that were top 5-10 in their position during their primes.. none of them you mentioned are in that category maybe maurice and henri as i really don't know much about them.

I will leave it at that.

• ThereItIs 1