Get Kent Johnson (proposal)

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s kind of a project off the puck. Elite skills though. He’d need to learn to play without the puck. Maybe he starts in our bottom six on the wing? 

I agree he seems interesting but might take more as he is young.

They might want him in the minors a year more why he was sent down.

Saying this maybe a bigger deal with a RHD coming with him.

But the cost might be to much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

I agree he seems interesting but might take more as he is young.

They might want him in the minors a year more why he was sent down.

Saying this maybe a bigger deal with a RHD coming with him.

But the cost might be to much.

Could there be a bigger trade with Johnson and Peeke

Garlsnd + for Johnson + Peeke.

Or would we prefer Boquist? (That’s who I prefer) 

• ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I imagine Columbus wants a center. They need centers?

CBJ is deep at center.

They’ve got Jenner, Fantilli, Sillinger, and Kuraly down the middle.

They actually could use a top 6 winger with Laine injured and Johnson now sent down.

• ThereItIs 1

We don't have what they'd want. They want a scoring winger, and no they're not doing Garland and a 2nd for Kent Johnson or something silly. There's zero need to move Johnson right now. If they're moving him it's for a legit top 6 young scoring winger. Not a tweener like Garland. He's a young (21), cheap, and waiver free center. They have high value.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

We don't have what they'd want. They want a scoring winger, and no they're not doing Garland and a 2nd for Kent Johnson or something silly. There's zero need to move Johnson right now. If they're moving him it's for a legit top 6 young scoring winger. Not a tweener like Garland. He's a young (21), cheap, and waiver free center. They have high value.

boeser.gif

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do we have any centres we would trade? I guess they would want Miller but he’s just too important for us to trade. 
im thinking Garksnd plus a prospect? 

Since he's still young, I think the BJ's will wait on him a bit to see if he can get out of his funk.  Trading him right now would be selling him at a low point and so I'm not sure if this makes much sense for Columbus.  

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

He’s kind of a project off the puck. Elite skills though. He’d need to learn to play without the puck. Maybe he starts in our bottom six on the wing? 

I don’t know where he would fit on this team though, unless we move him to wing to play with Miller and Boeser.

Raty and Podkolzin both seem like they are going to be good players under Rick. Both good defensively as well.

Podkolzin looking really good in the AHL now, unlike others, I have no interest in trading him right now. Raty would be a great 3rd line centre on this team in a year or two.

• Cheers 1

Why give the BJs anything for this flashy young player He can’t play on both sides of the puck, so who needs him.

If he doesn’t get his shit together in the AHL, we might see him at camp in a few years as a walk on.

Why do we rate other team’s prospects so highly anyway? Lots of guys who get drafted 5th do Jack on the show.

No to Podz, prospects or anything else, other than Garland, straight up. C’mon Jarmo, you know you want him.

lol.