Get Kent Johnson (proposal)

42 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Kent Johnson JUST turned 21 2 weeks ago. He's not a reclamation project. The kid is already scoring at near a 1/2  point a game.  Why is it ok for Podkolzin (who has shown virtually nothing at the NHL level and is 16 months older than Johnson) to work on developing his game in the AHL but Johnson is a reclaimention project? 

It's all academic because Columbus wouldn't consider that trade for a moment. 

Reclamation project is probably not the right words....so yesh, I agree on that

But on the same token, if you can not play defense in the NHL, there is not much of a chance you get to play at all

Offense is not the only prerequisite, and at this point, Podkolzin is probably ahead of Johnson

A one for one swap, maybe......but I am not sold on Johnson

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Was super high on Johnson at the draft, but players like him can be high risk, as only part of his skill set translate to the NHL level. 

Even with people mentioning Zegras i'm still not 100% sold on him.  Kid looks great on the highlight reels but most people don't see him getting walked, not back-checking, suicide passes, losing board battle after board battle. Not saying he is a bust as his skill and vision is off the charts too - i'm sure he will learn with better players around him, but still a lot to prove for me.

I still think that he can transform his game, but I would be willing to trade the high value pieces that Columbus would still want to part with him. 

Yup. Of guys like Johnson and Zegras are part of a club’s core they have no chance of winning. And those guys cannot play a bottom six role. These types of players are basically leaching off their teammates. Stay away. 

• Cheers 1