[GDT] Dallas @ Vancouver, Saturday, November 4th, Rogers Arena, 7pt/10et, HNIC, SN650

Chickenspear

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Would you trade Quinn Hughes for Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitil straight up right now?  How about Elias Pettersson?

I don't think I would.  Quinn and Petey are not even in their prime years yet, are not total dicks like the Edmonton bros, and actually know how to play defence.  

to be fair. I love love love Petey. But I would trade him for a Jack & Luke Hughes and even retain. I hope Petey reads this and breaks Gretzky records this year and signs an 8 year that we can afford. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Would you trade Quinn Hughes for Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitil straight up right now?  How about Elias Pettersson?

I don't think I would.  Quinn and Petey are not even in their prime years yet, are not total dicks like the Edmonton bros, and actually know how to play defence.  

Its just basic math really:

IQ(EP + QH)>>>>>IQ(CM + LD)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, DexM94 said:

I’d like to see some promotions. 
Beauvilliers to Miller’s wing

Hoglander to Suter’s wing

DiGuiseppe down to the 4th with Lafferty.

Why? PDG has done very well in the top 6. His work ethic is infectious. And his puck retrieval is excellent.

Until the Sharks the puck has died of Beau's stick. Hogs is doing just fine with limited minutes.

24 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Uuh Hello?  Is this CDC?  I've slipped into another dimension and everything is different and yet it all looks eerily the same.  I'm posting from out beyond the event horizon and everything is just a bit weird.  Anyway Og Canucks Og! (or something like that, I'm out of practice).

Shout out to Foreskin Jimmy; welcome back; now back to business:

ALL ABOARD!  ALL ABOARD!  

THE WAGON IS LOADING NOW.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Biggest game of the year so fAr, big test against a possible match up for western finals! Glad my my boys get to watch some great hockey this year being 8 and 6 they've seen some rough years of Canucks! Let's go, let's take it to Dallas right from the puck drop and don't let up! Hack the bone! Hack the bone! UTgXmHwOSaxgbiMVMkpfiyNYCEcyiHIP9SWe2yScNbU.jpg.18150192c641ddcb23f2efd99c090732.jpg

ROBERTSON'S LOST HIS SHIN GUARD! HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Its just basic math really:

IQ(EP + QH)>>>>>IQ(CM + LD)

I'd argue that the IQ difference is miniscule compared to really what separates these players...

Great leadership and character. 

If Mcdavid had equivalent leadership and character qualities to match his skill.... He'd already have a couple cups guaranteed... That's without including LD.  LD isn't the captain... Maybe he would actually make a better captain then Connor but that isn't the case. 

Right now what they have there, is average leadership with poor attitudes... And that is overshadowing potentially, the best duo ever to play in the NHL. 

These guys could be better than Lemieux and Jarg or Gretz and Kurri.  And they may get there... But times a tickin away... And they better have a 'come to god' moment because they look like they're regressing not ascending.

Hughes, Petey, JT, and Demko are looking like a great complimentary leadership group.  They all have something different to offer where the others may lack.  Smart move by management to identify this.  So far it's really evident that it's working.  

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, DexM94 said:

I’d like to see some promotions. 
Beauvilliers to Miller’s wing

Hoglander to Suter’s wing

DiGuiseppe down to the 4th with Lafferty.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a shutdown 2nd line? DiG is the glue of that forecheck

• Like 2