[GDT] Dallas @ Vancouver, Saturday, November 4th, Rogers Arena, 7pt/10et, HNIC, SN650

Chickenspear

46 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Is Sutherland on tonight?

24 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Haven’t the Canucks had it quite easy against Stars? 

19 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Dallas knows how good the Canucks are playing this year. The Canucks can't help but know how good Dallas is. IMO' it'll be a matter of knowing when

to push it hard offensively, but also know when to take care of business in the D-zone. Hell, it's almost a coach's game of minds..

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes, think we have beaten them every game the past two years.   Have their number.    It's still a good litmus test.   We aren't a team anyone will take lightly right now either. 

These are all the reasons why Canucks need to shut out the past, play for today. Just as the canucks are a different team this year, Dallas is too. And they know Demko is back.

Nice GDT @Chickenspear

A much, much tougher test for the Canucks today so I predict the goal differential will be tighter than the Sharks game but the Canucks still win ... 9-1 Canucks 😀

j/k ... 4 - 2 with an empty netter by Petey

Go Canucks Go

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Nice GDT @Chickenspear

A much, much tougher test for the Canucks today so I predict the goal differential will be tighter than the Sharks game but the Canucks still win ... 9-1 Canucks 😀

j/k ... 4 - 2 with an empty netter by Petey

Go Canucks Go

Hopefully Petey can get another Hatty, catch up to Brock

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Will Quinn Hughes get 131 points this season and make history?

Staying healthy, I would say 75% chance yes ... While the 5 point games like the one against the Sharks won't happen every game, Huggy Bear has been playing well against all teams in all situations. He is about as complete a d-man as the Canucks could ever have dreamed of when selected after the legendary Zadina. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Staying healthy, I would say 75% chance yes ... While the 5 point game against the Sharks won't happen every game, Huggy Bear has been playing well against all teams in all situations. He is about as complete a d-man as the Canucks could ever have dreamed of when selected after the legendary Zadina. 

I think a 100-point season would be an amazing feat. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, DelPiLeo said:

Canucks are playing so good now and they fear no one.

Can’t wait for the first game of this big week.

I hope they have fear. I dont want them to lose to Dallas, Boston, Vegas, or even Toronto because of "no fear". They need to have a bit of fear every game.

Tocc seems to have done that, or we would be losing to the bottom feeding teams.

The Philly and Tampa losses should be on thier minds today going up against Dallas.

6 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Will have to PVR and watch later tonight ... something I would never have done in the past few years. 

Suddenly, Canuck hockey is very enjoyable again. 

I still havent deleted the first two against Edmonton from my PVR.

Or for that matter any other games this year lol..... Wonder when rogers gonna realize im using 30 TB of HD on CANUCKS games and then Sportsnet will be told to have more coverage on the canucks, and the Refs offshore bank accounts will start to have canuck game earnings.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I think a 100-point season would be an amazing feat. 

Yes, yes it would. Quinn and the Canucks would be happy with a 100+ point season - as would every Canuck fan out there. Through 10 games Huggy Bear has been averaging 1.6 points a game and I would wager he finishes the season well above 1 point a game, how much above, we shall see. He is on a mission this season having gotten the "C" on his jersey. 

Quote of the day

'Walking the blue-line and shooting, he’s got a couple of moves he worked on in the summer. I'm not going to tell you, but stuff that’s world class' — Rick Tocchet on Quinn Hughes

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Staying healthy, I would say 75% chance yes ... While the 5 point game against the Sharks won't happen every game, Huggy Bear has been playing well against all teams in all situations. He is about as complete a d-man as the Canucks could ever have dreamed of when selected after the legendary Zadina. 

In 2016 we took Juolevi over Tkachuk.  So it was nice to get Hughes over Zadina.  Thank you Detroit...

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I hope they have fear. I dont want them to lose to Dallas, Boston, Vegas, or even Toronto because of "no fear". They need to have a bit of fear every game.

Tocc seems to have done that, or we would be losing to the bottom feeding teams.

The Philly and Tampa losses should be on thier minds today going up against Dallas.

It's human nature to have a little fear in most things that you do. It keeps you aware to bad outcomes, losing control and making a clown of yourself. It's not a bad thing so long as it aids in one's preparation to do things. It's part of one's survival mechanism. 

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Yes, yes it would. Quinn and the Canucks would be happy with a 100+ point season - as would every Canuck fan out there. Through 10 games Huggy Bear has been averaging 1.6 points a game and I would wager he finishes the season well above 1 point a game, how much above, we shall see. He is on a mission this season having gotten the "C" on his jersey. 

Quote of the day

'Walking the blue-line and shooting, he’s got a couple of moves he worked on in the summer. I'm not going to tell you, but stuff that’s world class' — Rick Tocchet on Quinn Hughes

But games get tougher in the second half, players wear down. This torrid pace won't be maintained. 

As for the mission with the 'C' ... it sure looks that way. Huggy is now a monster player in this league. It's obvious he's driven to be a great player.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Insane - Orr and Coffey that is. 

It's also a testament to QHs.   Honestly lost faith that we'd see this sort of scoring again.   Housley just missed, think Borque might have been close too.  Josi recently of course too, Potvin and others on the list a couple times too.    To have one of our own is like having a unicorn (100 plus points).    Will be the first to admit in the 80'a and 90's, had D envy lol.    Wanted a guy like Al Mac, Potvin, Borque, Coffey, Robinson or a Chelios pretty bad.    Know Orr is way too much to ask for.   Think we get to play SJ four times this year lol, so expect six points (to hold the club record all on his own, right now he tied Brown), one of those games.  

QHs is already the best defenseman in club history, he also is making a case right now, as the best player we've ever had.    For sure having one of the best seasons right now.    Also should be considered untouchable by the other players now, like McDavid, draw a lot of penalties.   Then go out and burn them.    Adding a goal scoring element to his game...Does Aucion still hold the record for most goals in a season?  Or was that just power play goals or both?  

On pace for 131 points is pretty amazing.    Even taking the outlier games (EDM and SJ), make them 5-1 games instead, QHs is still well on his way to adding his name to a list of special HHOFers. 

Would you trade Quinn Hughes for Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitil straight up right now?  How about Elias Pettersson?

I don't think I would.  Quinn and Petey are not even in their prime years yet, are not total dicks like the Edmonton bros, and actually know how to play defence.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Quinn Hughes in on pace for 131 points.  Just to put that into perspective...

Most points by a defenceman in one season in NHL history:

Bobby Orr - 139

Paul Coffey - 138

Bobby Orr - 135

Paul Coffey - 126

Bobby Orr - 122

Paul Coffey - 121

Bobby Orr - 120

Bobby Orr - 117

Paul Coffey - 113

Paul Coffey - 103

Al MacInnis - 103

Brian Leetch - 102

Denis Potvin - 101

Bobby Orr - 101

Erik Karlsson - 101

Will Quinn Hughes get 131 points this season and make history?

This is insane, the lvl all whole top six also is playing at! Hughes is another level this year. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1