Vilmer Alriksson

Rob Eh

On 7/5/2024 at 11:20 PM, NHLer said:

He might change some fans view of swedes. 😉

He was definately on top of Roman so I understand why he didn’t get any more fights. 
He got very long arms. 

This is my favorite prospect.  I like all the small fancy skill guys we drafted but I like this kid because he looks a great fit in the post season.  Seems we have a long history of drafting small skill guys. I feel this is a great change of pace. Imagine if Petie was 230 lbs.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This is my favorite prospect.  I like all the small fancy skill guys we drafted but I like this kid because he looks a great fit in the post season.  Seems we have a long history of drafting small skill guys. I feel this is a great change of pace. Imagine if Petie was 230 lbs.

If Petey was 230lbs there is ZERO chance we get to draft him...

But agree other teams seem to be able to find big players for up and down the line up... lets hope Alriksson can make it...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

This young man has the potential to become a significant player for the Canucks one day. The Canucks

have a seriously good system for developing their prospects, which will enhance a young player's chances

in becoming the best player he can be.  Had a chuckle when I read that he was working with Komisarek.😲

The article also clarifies that the plan for Vilmer is for another season in Jrs.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/building-blue-the-growth-in-vilmer-alriksson-s-game

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, higgyfan said:

This young man has the potential to become a significant player for the Canucks one day. The Canucks

have a seriously good system for developing their prospects, which will enhance a young player's chances

in becoming the best player he can be.  Had a chuckle when I read that he was working with Komisarek.😲

The article also clarifies that the plan for Vilmer is for another season in Jrs.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/building-blue-the-growth-in-vilmer-alriksson-s-game

Sounds promising for sure, wish it was easier to watch our prospects games...

I am slowly learning about some stream based type of server that supposedly gets you a ton of channels US and CA and PPV etc for a relatively fair price for the year or month. I will have to ask my neighbour when he is back from work next to see what he pays and how it works but he said its been no issue for 2 yrs he has had it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/11/2024 at 7:44 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

So like Mats Sundin?...I'll take it. LOL 

Sundin was 6'5 and 231 lbs....Petey is only 6'2 , I'd love to see what he'd play like at 210-215 lbs though. 

Alriksson put on 20 LBS this season...maybe Petey should ask for his Meal & Strength Training program this summer.

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

So like Mats Sundin?...I'll take it. LOL 

Sundin was 6'5 and 231 lbs....Petey is only 6'2 , I'd love to see what he'd play like at 210-215 lbs though. 

Alriksson put on 20 LBS this season...maybe Petey should ask for his Meal & Strength Training program this summer.

Yes!  Especially if it would help him fall down less😆.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Daniel & Henrik Sedin played at about 190 lbs at 6'1 ...they were both very good in the corners and hard to knock off the puck (for their size)

Petey's 6'2...even if he got to 200-205 he'd be a lot harder to knock off the puck (I think).

• Cheers 3

19 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Daniel & Henrik Sedin played at about 190 lbs at 6'1 ...they were both very good in the corners and hard to knock off the puck (for their size)

Petey's 6'2...even if he got to 200-205 he'd be a lot harder to knock off the puck (I think).

Yeah, he's very light for his height, for an NHL payer. Even 10-15 pounds approaching 200 would make quite the difference. I would imagine Petterson will have some pretty defined goals this off-season. He's a very focused athlete ... I wonder what his priorities are an if putting on weight is one of them or has he identified other facets he thinks will be key. He seems very private so I don't know how much influence the Canuck brass has with him in the off-season.

• Cheers 1