[PGT] Dallas @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

31 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

And Hart 

Jack Adams for coach too 

If there were awards for assistant coaches they deserve them to. Such a well oiled machine top to bottom. Goalie coach, trainers, etc. There is something special brewing here folks... Buckle in its going to be a wild ride. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Barn Burner said:

He is a very composed, intelligent player who keeps it nice and simple. 

Isn't afraid of playing aggressive and has been a great addition. 

Kind of feel like Cole is like Schenn. I hope he stays, and becomes a depth guy as others take the spot that he currently has. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

That fight was payback for that elbow.

My throat is still sore from screaming for more size and toughness on our back end.

I like how our TOI is more even now too.

The two 1st's for Miller and Hero-nek were well worth it. I really concur with Hronek's first on accounts of his work with Huggy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Friedman had a rough first game and has been great ever since and downright sensational tonight. He broke up around 5 plays along the wall singlehandedly tonight. 

All of our pairings were fantastic. Our depth were great.

Brock had a horrible night only on the basis he was handed like 5 grade A chances and couldn't bury. That's honestly the only negative tonight hahaha

Jake Ottinger had a great night for DAL. He was seeing all the pucks and made some great saves. He was definitely on his A game. Similar to Demko. 

Hughes alone could have had 2 or 3 goals if it wasn't for Ottingers great play...

Boeser played well its just that their goalie was having a great night. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Patrik Allvin for Jim Gregory Trophy for GM of the year for sure if things keep going the way they are...

He's made some bold moves. Using the main asset acquired in the Horvat trade (a 1st round pick) to acquire Hronek. That was a move that could have back fired. Buying out OEL was certainly a bold move. And got to give some kudos to Aquaman for writing that cheque.

All the other smaller acquisitions seem to be fitting in nicely as well. There's really no obvious personnel problems on this team.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Vancan said:

If there were awards for assistant coaches they deserve them to. Such a well oiled machine top to bottom. Goalie coach, trainers, etc. There is something special brewing here folks... Buckle in its going to be a wild ride. 

When a head coach wins 🏆 its pretty much for the whole coaching staff. 

Same as GM of the year award.. it's for the whole management team. 

4 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I kind of agree of the @WHL rocks. I really enjoyed this game. It ranks with opening night against Edmonton for the best game of the season.

Why was this an excellent game?

1. The Canucks beat a very good Dallas teaming. I think this is the game that shows that the Canucks are for real.

2. Demko was very good. But, as @Blue says, this was not a steal. The Canucks were the better team in the underlying stats and by eye test. The goalie at the other end was very good and Dallas played well and played hard. And the Canucks still won and deserved to win.

3. I was really impressed that, after a close first period where Dallas had slight edge, the Canucks came out and dominated the second (14 - 5) in shots.

4. Then the Canucks just shut down Dallas in the 3rd, playing very good shutdown hockey. Remember when no lead was safe? Was that only last year? This is a totally different team. Everyone is buying in.

Some other random thoughts.

5. Demko obviously deserved to be first star, but I was glad to Suter as second star. Not only did he score the first (and winning) goal, but he played well at both ends of the ice all night. He got a goal against San Jose but before that he could not get on the scoresheet even though he was playing very well defensively.

6. Joshua again rose the challenge after being healthy scratched last game. Tocchet is doing a good job of getting the most out of Joshua.

7. I continue to be impressed by what a great job JR and Allvin have done in restructuring defensive play. Part of that is coaching, part is personnel as the Canucks brought in guys noted for being very good on the PK (Cole, Hronek, Soucy, Suter). The biggest weakness last year was the historically bad PK. This year the PK is a major strength.

8. This really was  a team win, with everyone working hard, but I would mention Mikheyev in particular. He is looking fast and playing an excellent 200 ft. game which makes him a very good fit with Petey.

8. This really was  a team win, with everyone working hard, but I would mention Mikheyev in particular. He is looking fast and playing an excellent 200 ft. game which makes him a very good fit with Petey.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

hey man why dont you chill and enjoy the game... we know you are a big canucks fan, perhaps the biggest...

you dont need to copy paste everything canucks some of its low quality and our own members would likely create something even better...

Hey maybe BigCanucksFan can you go to Toronto and get more of the Canucks games on TV? and maybe less toronto leaves news? and if you can find all the ref's bank accounts offshore, can you expose the bad ones?

46 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

i remember one guy on nhl.com predictions had them second in the pacific

I missed that one. 

Most of the ones that I saw had them either in the middle just missing the playoffs and one or two even had them in the bottom 1/3rd.

Although, to be fair,  I may just be simping for the team since the season is still very young and nothing is guaranteed of course.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

8. This really was  a team win, with everyone working hard, but I would mention Mikheyev in particular. He is looking fast and playing an excellent 200 ft. game which makes him a very good fit with Petey.

nailed it on the head... with mikheyev and petey... and friggin brock and miller are playing the best defensive hockey i have ever seen them play... Kuzy has much room to improve defensively and well PDG i think hes playing well above his contract value, wont likely complain about his bad mistakes at all this season... playing 18 minutes a night against the teams number 1 line and looking like he belongs

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Can't wait until next Saturday when we get to humiliate the Leafs in their building with the whole country watching. 🙂

The Sabres dropped 6 on them tonight so the Canucks should be able to do that or better hopefully...

I enjoy laughing at sad Laughs fans.

Edited by Sabrefan1
typo
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1