[PGT] Dallas @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Might be as good as any year to go and compete.

I'm not about trading high prospects like Podz, Lekkerimaki, Willander, and Petey...but like, this team looks for realz. They could use some reinforcements...this team isn't deep enough to make a good run. One injury to a key core player really puts us in a bind. We need more across the board.

Not opposed if this team targets another Hronek-like/JT Miller-like deal. Get another impact player.

Remember last year when we had a lot of the AHL D with Wolanin come up and we competed hard. 
We have a fairly good depth to handle most injuries. We have quite a few players that can hop into top 6 and produce. 

This will be a great season. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Jack Hughes has far more value than Petey.  Hughes will have an 8 million cap hit/AAV for a very long time while Pettersson is going to get around 12 million at minimum.  Both men have equivalent production.  

Both are crazy talented and playing way beyond very early 20 yrs old. But different contract signing years, and way different teams, cap space, needs, etc. Without sounding to bias I truly believe they both have similar production, but Petey has the "special" advantage. By that I mean those once in a while players that come around who are typically one of the top 5 or so pts wise, but also do that Datsyuk magic which a lot of times goes unnoticed. Had quite a few celebratory Canucks win Old Fashions, not sure if that makes sense lol

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Both are crazy talented and playing way beyond very early 20 yrs old. But different contract signing years, and way different teams, cap space, needs, etc. Without sounding to bias I truly believe they both have similar production, but Petey has the "special" advantage. By that I mean those once in a while players that come around who are typically one of the top 5 or so pts wise, but also do that Datsyuk magic which a lot of times goes unnoticed. Had quite a few celebratory Canucks win Old Fashions, not sure if that makes sense lol

I also agree with you that Petey is slightly better than Jack but he's not 50% better than Jack either (or whatever percentage difference there is between an 8 million dollar player and a 12 million dollar player).  Hence, Jack Hughes will have higher value than Petey.   Having said that, I love Pettersson and hope he signs with us long term.  Hronek as well.   

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Hughes was 19 years old, coming off of a 31 point season, and maybe he wasn't willing to bet on himself, and upon advice from his agent and family he took big money and ran with it....but he's obviously already outplaying that contract....

Definitely NJ for the W

Either way pretty sure Jack can survive with over $650,000 a month directly deposited into his bank account for years to come.

45 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Jack Hughes has far more value than Petey.  Hughes will have an 8 million cap hit/AAV for a very long time while Pettersson is going to get around 12 million at minimum.  Both men have equivalent production.  

It’s not all about points, Pettersson is an elite defensive player in the game now. Pettersson is the exact player that wins teams cups. 

Putting up points is great but it’s not always a winning formula. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

It's Alberta,

They marry their 2nd cousins over there and also fornicate with farm animals.

Obviously, there are going to be some significant mental impairment amongst the off-spring.

I wouldn't go too hard on them.

Until not if but when (2024) Alberta separates from the CPP and leaves the rest of the country with about 48% of the pension plan left in the fund. The inbred, beastiality folk are smarter than we think.  

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Until not if but when (2024) Alberta separates from the CPP and leaves the rest of the country with about 48% of the pension plan left in the fund. The inbred, beastiality folk are smarter than we think.  

This basically another Brexit B.S. Right Wing pie in the sky idea. Fortunately the majority of Albertans last polled are "wildly opposed".

So maybe only some are inbred.

2 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

So good to see the Rog bumpin on a Saturday night. I love the reaction of the crowd where Douchene got destroyed. The slow mo replay was golden. Lots of People love the violent aspect of the game. Not one angry patron was to be found. 

Beats lawn bowling, and those demented seniors.

This team continues to remind me of the 2019-20 team. We started 7-3-1 in that year in our first 11. We had a rough November (5-7-3), but caught fire in late December and rode a stretch of 17 games where we went 14-3-0. Hoping this team is even better than that one.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

So Peteys gonna get like 12 -13 no? 

I really wonder what management was offering him for them (EP40 camp) to say no. I'm glad he's confident enough to bet on himself, and I love watching him play! He's soooo good!

4 hours ago, mj vic said:

Great game! Demko was Demko and the D was great. What's up with Myers? He seems almost good now....

Playing for another contract...

• Haha 1

I've been impressed with Suter this year.

Even though he hasn't been scoring points, his defensive play has been elite, and today he scores the game winner. Hope these past two games give him confidence to keep playing his game and not grip his stick too tight, and trust the offense to come. I'm glad we picked him up

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

I really wonder what management was offering him for them (EP40 camp) to say no. I'm glad he's confident enough to bet on himself, and I love watching him play! He's soooo good!

Playing for another contract...

Coaching - it’s the RT factor and Gonchar… 

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

He's made some bold moves. Using the main asset acquired in the Horvat trade (a 1st round pick) to acquire Hronek. That was a move that could have back fired. Buying out OEL was certainly a bold move. And got to give some kudos to Aquaman for writing that cheque.

All the other smaller acquisitions seem to be fitting in nicely as well. There's really no obvious personnel problems on this team.

Is it safe to assume that the Hronek trade is better than the Ballard trade? 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow. Interesting catch. 

We definitely need some Canadians in the top 10. I'm sure McDavid will have something to say by the end of the season.

Nah, leave McBaby (and Draisaitl) out of this… we are getting sick and tired of him taking the spotlight for the past 5 seasons… 

Very stoked with their early season success thus far. This tilt with the Stars was a great way to show any doubters that the Tocchet coached Canucks are a legit force this season. Looking forward to anything coming up regarding further acquisitions and such to bolster our lineup. It's gonna happen.

• Like 1

What a stellar performance from Demko! Boeser shoots a lot which I like very much. Team was very good from top to bottom. If they keep playing with the effort like they did so far, I can't see them missing the playoffs. I think they've proved if they are healthy they can keep up with the truly great teams (Rangers, Stars)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1