[PGT] Dallas @ Vancouver

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I can't stand people who are wishy washy but make bold statements. McLeans. They criticize, act like they know, blurt stuff out, then....change their minds. Want to strike when the iron's hot and jump on the bus after they let the air out of the tires. Turncoats. 

If you're so strong in your convictions and statements....stand by them. Don't waver. I have respect for people who do...often going against the grain. 

McLean did that with Burrows....threw him under the bus then wanted to sing his praises when the rest of the world was. Get lost. You're not part of the club. It's YOU we really don't need.

Drance is the same and I'm glad Dhali did what he did. He deserved it, whether it be after he'd left the (virtual) room or not. Drance readily dishes out criticism but clearly can't take it. Is it his job to critical at times? Sure. But he's a Leaf's fan in disguise and no one will convince me otherwise. 

I'm not saying people didn't have good reason to be critical of the team...but there WERE bright spots and that was ignored. We weren't a complete wash out and our core was solid, even if struggling and needing direction. It's like the JT stuff...Drance jumped all over the chance to slam JT and make him into a monster. Now? Wants to be the manager of his fan club. Get lost.

Allvin hiring, actually targeting, Tocc was genius. He knew exactly who was needed to right the ship and bring out the best in this group. 

Once the sugar high of Bruce's style wore off the team looked lost.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Who here is actually happy with the Hronek trade? 

sorry had too 🤣

I know you’re poking fun, but absolutely.

How often do D men of Hronek’s age and talent become available?  And for a late 1st and 2nd, (with a 4th coming back.)  you’d think we’d usually have to give up a Willander-type prospect on top of the 1st in a trade like this. 

I understand that we aren’t getting him at a bargain contract-wise but geez… Hughes-Hronek gives us the ability to control almost half the game when we need to.  What a deal.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Allvin hiring, actually targeting, Tocc was genius. He knew exactly who was needed to right the ship and bring out the best in this group. 

Once the sugar high of Bruce's style wore off the team looked lost.

Yep, it was the best thing that could've happened (in the worst way in how they did it).

The team needed a boost...someone who believed in them and was their cheerleader. Then, beyond that, they needed more.

"Structure"

And Rick has shown in spades that he's the perfect fit.

But it's the same core and those who trashed them and sneered at JT being here, etc. act like they knew all along that this team could be better. They didn't think so.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

I know you’re poking fun, but absolutely.

How often do D men of Hronek’s age and talent become available?  And for a late 1st and 2nd, (with a 4th coming back.)  you’d think we’d usually have to give up a Willander-type prospect on top of the 1st in a trade like this. 

I understand that we aren’t getting him at a bargain contract-wise but geez… Hughes-Hronek gives us the ability to control almost half the game when we need to.  What a deal.

Not gonna lie. While I liked the Hronek deal. I had no idea he was gonna be this good. Nor did I think he’d be a perfect partner for Hughes. What a deal is right! 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yep, it was the best thing that could've happened (in the worst way in how they did it).

The team needed a boost...someone who believed in them and was their cheerleader. Then, beyond that, they needed more.

"Structure"

But it's the same core and those who trashed them and sneered at JT being here, etc. act like they knew all along that this team could be better. They didn't think so.

Brock and JT are proving the haters wrong.

• Thanks 1

Had to laugh I watched the recap of the game on NHL.com and it was 4 minutesof every good chance Dallas had in the game, they didn't even show either of the canucks goals. Yeah it showed how great Demko was but looking at those hiliihts you'd think we got totally dominated and TD was the only reason we were in the game at all. We will never get any respect from the bozos at the NHL.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Had to laugh I watched the recap of the game on NHL.com and it was 4 minutesof every good chance Dallas had in the game, they didn't even show either of the canucks goals. Yeah it showed how great Demko was but looking at those hiliihts you'd think we got totally dominated and TD was the only reason we were in the game at all. We will never get any respect from the bozos at the NHL.

I'm at the point, I don't even want them to know/care about us. Sort of in line with my thoughts above.

Just stay there in the corner, ignoring us as we sail on past.

Thing is, the MINUTE this team struggles (and, at times, they may) they'll be back out in full force to "highlight" this team in all the wrong ways. It's so lame and predictable.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

JR and PA emphasized the lack of structure as the team's main issue when they first got on board. Boy they were right and how they've done the right things and implement this into the team's identity is impressive. It was a bit rough with the unfortunate handling of Bruce's firing and the inevitable bought out of OELs contract, but we're finally turning the corner. 

They also improved the prospect pool while tweaking our roster which is even more impressive. We need this if we want to succeed long term. 

I agree with one of the posts that said we shouldn't overreact after a strong start. MGMT knows what they're doing. 

We need to resign Petey and I hope it happens soon. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"Structure"

I think Bruce was what the team needed at the time. He was a players coach and made changes that we still see the good results of like EP and QH on the penalty kill. That said they needed a different coach to take them to the next level, stucture etc and RT was the perfect choice

8 hours ago, Vancan said:

Until not if but when (2024) Alberta separates from the CPP and leaves the rest of the country with about 48% of the pension plan left in the fund. The inbred, beastiality folk are smarter than we think.  

8 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This basically another Brexit B.S. Right Wing pie in the sky idea. Fortunately the majority of Albertans last polled are "wildly opposed".

So maybe only some are inbred.

The smart thing about this is Quebec example. Ever since the 70's Quebec gets huge chunk of the equalization plus many tax excuses.

I would move back to alberta if they seperate... hell, even if they just got back half of the money they have created on oil.

Hope they have an immigration policy for canadians equal to what Canada does for the rest of the earth. "Free this and subsidized that and work for minimum wage because we will pay your housing and food, and pay the company who hires you half your wages"

If I moved to Calgary I could afford to see the canucks kick ass at least 4 or 5 times per year