[PGT] Dallas @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

1 hour ago, Singing Chef said:

Meanwhile, getting back to the topic "PGT - Dallas @ Vancouver", my favourite moment from this great game was at the very end of period 2 with Dallas swarming Demko's crease chasing a loose puck, and Demko finally covered it but a Dallas player kept whacking at Demko's pads several times with his stick .....  and guess who barrelled in and grabbed that player and removed him physically from the play - none other than Brock Boeser !   I was soooo impressed with Brock.  If you get the chance, take a look at that sequence of plays, around 20 seconds left in period 2.

Brock the Bruiser !

Cheers. image.png.b10c48e921f157bebe625c711c132331.png

I saw that too and was pretty happy to see his response. Always nice when it becomes a by committee mentality. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Singing Chef said:

Meanwhile, getting back to the topic "PGT - Dallas @ Vancouver", my favourite moment from this great game was at the very end of period 2 with Dallas swarming Demko's crease chasing a loose puck, and Demko finally covered it but a Dallas player kept whacking at Demko's pads several times with his stick .....  and guess who barrelled in and grabbed that player and removed him physically from the play - none other than Brock Boeser !   I was soooo impressed with Brock.  If you get the chance, take a look at that sequence of plays, around 20 seconds left in period 2.

Brock the Bruiser !

Cheers. image.png.b10c48e921f157bebe625c711c132331.png

I noted that as well. he's very involved in every way this year. 

It was a couple of games ago I noticed.  And at first I was like "Oh, No..Myers Has the puck".  But then I noticed Petey like 3 feet away from him and I let out a sigh of relief.  Then I noticed it over and over the same thing. Whenever Myers has the puck in the defensive zone Pettersson is no more than 5 feet from him.  It makes it so much easier for Myers.

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Based on the 2023–2024 Nielsen rankings, Phoenix is the 11th largest TV market in the US. 

Although Atlanta, (6) and Houston, (7) don't have an NHL team. (obviously Atlanta tried twice, but...)

Regardless, it's been a joke of a franchise. Though, they are playing better this year. Let's see if the snowbirds jump on the bandwagon. 

Yeah it's been tough. That's a pretty big tv market for a shit team so financially it's probably no worse than if Quebec, Houston, or Atlanta had a team. I don't know if any other real ownership groups out there have been ready to step in or they probably would have went that route. Now that their recent rink endeavor got voted down it remains to be seen what will happen there. Maybe they finally move.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Is that good strategy?  I mean, it's still Mcdavid after all.  Give him even more incentive... Not sure if it's a good idea.  However, in coach Tocc I trust.

I think it's bonus, plus I don't think McD is 100% right now.

12 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Demko has started 3 in a row put Desmith in.  It will probably p*ss off C McD as well.

I think it's time to give DeSmith a start, but maybe not vs Edm if we look at the schedule this coming week. We have 4 games with a back to back next weekend.

Maybe start Demko against Edm and Laffs, then let DeSmith face Sens and Habs?

Eek then another 3 games in 4 nights the following week. Hopefully our team can stay fresh somehow. 

image.png.3ab447f33ab015e6262a1d02759fb8fb.png

• Cheers 2

So on the subject of Demko, did I notice during a distracted moment in last night's broadcast that he has a new mask for the flying skate uniforms with Gino on the back plate?  If so, the man has gone up even higher in my estimation.  If he gets what Gino means to this fanbase, then he's a true Canuck himself.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Wing said:

I think it's time to give DeSmith a start, but maybe not vs Edm if we look at the schedule this coming week. We have 4 games with a back to back next weekend.

Eek then another 3 games in 4 nights the following week. Hopefully our team can stay fresh somehow. 

That's not a bad idea. Give Desmith Ott & MTL & CGY.  Demko get EDM, TOR and SEA.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Wing said:

From what Tocchet said it looks like they want to ride Demko for a while.  Maybe the next back to back he'll take a break

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

So on the subject of Demko, did I notice during a distracted moment in last night's broadcast that he has a new mask for the flying skate uniforms with Gino on the back plate?  If so, the man has gone up even higher in my estimation.  If he gets what Gino means to this fanbase, then he's a true Canuck himself.

Yup, he a new mask for the Skate jerseys with Gino on it

32 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Is that good strategy?  I mean, it's still Mcdavid after all.  Give him even more incentive... Not sure if it's a good idea.  However, in coach Tocc I trust.

I think you have to give Demko the start in Edmonton against a div rival after a great shutout performance. Then either start him on the road or give DeSmith the Ottawa game. Demko has to start on Saturday Night and Desmith gets the Montreal game.

13 minutes ago, Wing said:

5 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

That's not a bad idea. Give Desmith Ott & MTL & CGY.  Demko get EDM, TOR and SEA.

Yes. Good call but I think they might want to start Demko on the road as compared to giving DeSmith more road starts than Demko.

1 minute ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yup, he a new mask for the Skate jerseys with Gino on it

That is so excellent.  People say that Demko is a hockey nerd but if he cares enough to dig into the team's history and highlight a guy like Gino that's a level of identification with the team you don't often see.  Love it!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

DeSmith might end up being the best backup since Schnieder. 

DeSmith is more than capable to deal with the Coilers.