[PGT] Dallas @ Vancouver

10 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

It was a couple of games ago I noticed.  And at first I was like "Oh, No..Myers Has the puck".  But then I noticed Petey like 3 feet away from him and I let out a sigh of relief.  Then I noticed it over and over the same thing. Whenever Myers has the puck in the defensive zone Pettersson is no more than 5 feet from him.  It makes it so much easier for Myers.

And now Myers has one of the best plus minus's in the league too...Selke here we come!    

• Like 1

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
20 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

We just watched Nils Lundkvist yesterday. He cost a late 1st and a 4th round pick. 

Not even close to Hronek's quality, and smaller. 

Look at the Romanov and Chychrun costs. 

You can't hypothetically talk about "no other team jumped on it" unless you were a fly on the wall in Yzerman's office or had his phone tapped. 

Its not "hypothetically" that no other team jumped on it, or another team would now be employing Hronek. 

I'm glad he's on the team. But there's no shame in admitting that getting him was a little pricey. And I don't mind the overpayment because he's producing, unlike more than a number of Benning specials that he overpaid for. A first and a third (Miller's price) would have been more palatable. The difference between a second round pick and a third round pick can be significant. Look how Benning traded a second round pick for Baertschi....who turned into Rasmus Andersson for Calgary. Or instead of that, a first and Rathbone, who was never going to play here anyways, and they'd have had a younger D prospect coming back.