Another Day Another Blackhawks Coverup

Mando27

8 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I hate that franchise so fucking much 

Hating the Blackhawks is the only ethical approach.

7 hours ago, Rekker said:

So they will get punished again? Well they didn't really get punished enough first time. But Bettman will get this one right.....not.

Make Bedard a UFA, strip them of Bedard. 

7 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Does this mean we can now retroactively take away their first overall pick last year? I honestly don't know why they were allowed to keep it.

Also hopefully this puts to bed any rumors of Quenneville or Stan Bowman returning to the NHL. Maybe we can also ban Cheveldayoff now too. Truly despicable organization.

Wasn't Chevy cleared? I thought he'd moved on to another organization and assumed the Hawks had taken care of it or something? Can't remember, I'd have to go through the CDC Hawks thread.. 

But yeah, no way should Quenneville or Bowman be allowed to return. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Wasn't Chevy cleared? I thought he'd moved on to another organization and assumed the Hawks had taken care of it or something? Can't remember, I'd have to go through the CDC Hawks thread.. 

Nah, he is another guy that should have been fired.

In couple of years once all lawsuits gets settled, Stan and Q will be back in the NHL.

I truly don't understand the league's concept of the punishment fitting the crime. Ottawa was negligent, reckless, careless, whatever you want to call it regarding the Dadonov situation. But Chicago's top brass deliberately covered up a criminal offence, and a serious one at that. The two are not even comparable as far as moral culpability is concerned.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Hating the Blackhawks is the only ethical approach.

Make Bedard a UFA, strip them of Bedard. 

But yeah, no way should Quenneville or Bowman be allowed to return. 

Chevy was interviewed as part of the independent investigation and was apparently the only person who said they remembered being in the room when Beach's complaint against Aldrich was discussed. I think he might have only been let off the hook because he was honest.

Edit: there's a statement from Bettman in this link that states the Chevy wasn't penalized because Bettman didn't deem him "a member of the Blackhawks senior leadership team" even though he was an AGM of the Blackhawks at the time.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/chicago-blackhawks-sexual-assault-scandal-timeline-stan-bowman

Edited by Diamonds
  • Thanks 3

This shows that they were not cleaning things up in the first place.  If there was known incident that they failed to report to the investigation by NHL, it will force NHL's hand if it is true.   A severe punishment is sorely needed to send a message that it is not acceptable.   5 first round pick penalty, severe penalties with fine and a new ownership.  It also does show that whoever had knowledge did not report to the NHL of another incident.  If they did tell the NHL by the investigation that there was other incident but choose not to include that in the report does show that the NHL is all corruption altogether by trying to cover it up and deserve to be jailed for it, that include Bettman if he had knowledge about that and choose not to include in the report.  It is not a good look by the NHL.  Whoever was looking for reinstatement will never be able to work in the league again like for example, Coach Q and others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Just curious how often do nhl coaches work or interact with the ahl players? I thought the ahl have their own staff. Kinda creepy he snuck into the room playing with his feet while he was having s** with another woman 

Kinda creepy??  Should have beat the shit out of him right then and there!

10 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Kinda creepy??  Should have beat the shit out of him right then and there!

I didn’t read into it in details but some of the allegation seems kinda weird. Like the one where he ask to join in while he was having s** with another women. Was this at a hotel or something?? If so how did Aldrich have access to the room? The women didn’t notice? And if she noticed she didn’t file a police report? And like i asked earlier how often do ahl player work with the nhl coaching staff?? I don’t doubt Aldrich is a pos and prolly is guilty again but some of the allegation seems kinda wild 

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

I didn’t read into it in details but some of the allegation seems kinda weird. Like the one where he ask to join in while he was having s** with another women. Was this at a hotel or something?? If so how did Aldrich have access to the room? The women didn’t notice? And if she noticed she didn’t file a police report? And like i asked earlier how often do ahl player work with the nhl coaching staff?? I don’t doubt Aldrich is a pos and prolly is guilty again but some of the allegation seems kinda wild 

The player was a black ace, which means he was a call-up during the playoff run. So yes, this would have been at a hotel and coaching staff may have had access to all players rooms.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ok, we really gotta stop it with these lawsuits against the Blackhawks... I mean, do we really want them to get Macklin Celebrini too? 🤫

That's the sad thing, unless the Hawks do well enough to put themselves outside the top 5 they could end up being handed another top tier talent. The league should take away their 1st. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Honestly at this point I would consider just outright banning them from the 2024 draft. Don't forget this is actually their 3rd strike. 2009-10 was also the year Bill Peters racially abused Akim Aliu on their AHL affiliate the Rockford IceHogs. 3 strikes and you're out.

Financial penalties aren't going to hurt a million dollar organization, the previous punishment was a joke. Hit them where it actually hurts. If they're going to take a 1st from Ottawa for bungling a trade they should punish Chicago for covering up multiple sexual assault scandals by at least doing the same. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Honestly at this point I would consider just outright banning them from the 2024 draft. Don't forget this is actually their 3rd strike. 2009-10 was also the year Bill Peters racially abused Akim Aliu on their AHL affiliate the Rockford IceHogs. 3 strikes and you're out.

Or in the Blackhawks case... HAT TRICK!  Congratulations!  You get another 1st OA pick!

6 hours ago, Diamonds said:

The player was a black ace, which means he was a call-up during the playoff run. So yes, this would have been at a hotel and coaching staff may have had access to all players rooms.

Thx I have no idea what a black ace was. But I still find it awkward how staff have access to all players room in a hotel. First off there’s privacy issue.. staff can search a players room with consent.. not just break in whenever they want and second won’t there be a roommate present? Like I dunno if teams rent a room for each individual player I find that highly unlikely especially for a prospect. 

22 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Financial penalties aren't going to hurt a million dollar organization, the previous punishment was a joke. Hit them where it actually hurts. If they're going to take a 1st from Ottawa for bungling a trade they should punish Chicago for covering up multiple sexual assault scandals by at least doing the same. 

3 1sts