(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

Huge game here could end up being one of the biggest games of the year so far, we know these guy will start playing better and be battling us for a playoff spot. Let's get on them early and don't let up. Show them it was a fluke. More points between us and them by Xmas the better! 

Canucks win this one 5-2 

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

The Canucks are a different group of players, coached and managed by gritty no-nonsense winners. It's rubbing off on the players. They seem super focused. McDavid is coming into the Canucks house a broken man, expected to do it all himself. Anyone can win on any given night, but I'm feeling confident if they stick to their game plan, the Canucks will get 2 points at the end of the night.

Its like a different team, especially on the back end.  Adding Cole, Hronek, Soucy and Friedman is a complete overhaul of our defence.  Our bottom 6 has injected Pius Suter, Lafferty and Hoglander. It has a different level of skill and sandpaper.  

Some media will argue this is essentially the same team as year past, but they clearly haven't been following the Canucks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We only won by one goal last game......after it was 8-0.

But that was then and this is now.  Since game 2, the Oils have had 6 loses in 8gms and

their morale must be at an all-time low.  On top of that, McD has a wrist injury that has

his f/o wins at 33% and he is struggling to get off accurate shots.

Canucks have a good chance for a win, but need to stick with the plan and play hard.

If the Miller line is effective in shutting down the McD line, Pete's line can do some

damage.  Dominate!  Don't give them an inch of ice!

One thing I notice about the Oilers is that some of them will start running the oppositions

players and making questionable hits, when they start losing a game.  Heads on swivels

Canucks!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, kilgore said:

This time McDavid is really really really really really pissed!

We'll only win by two goals.

In a world where the Canucks are 12 points ahead of the Oil

Holland still hasn't found a goalie

and McCraisaitl's tears are up around their necks

Connor and Leon have only 12 first overall picks

and close friends from junior to help them out

before they drown in a sea of misery

This time McDavid is really really really really pissed

in McDoofy and Company try to win the playoffs Part 9

Coming soon to a theater  rink near you.

Bring your own

Chill Reaction GIF

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

41 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

His shot speed and accuracy is way down this year, if they can continue to keep him to the outside we should be ok. 

many say he's been playing hurt for a while... i think it happened in the third period of the first game. First when we put in Casey DeSmith and second when we put out our first Powerplay... poor kids traumatized

Edited by Dankmemes187
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Oiler will look to rough house physically,

crease work piling onto goalie will be initiated by them.

This will be a mental test of engagement or disengagement where necessary.

Canucks,   SHOW NO MERCY.

yup i agree... glad we have Joshua, someones face is getting smashed in tonight maybe multiple...

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I had a hunch Tocchet might switch Beauvillier and Joshua  -  gives a bit of heft to an otherwise undersized line for what might be a chippy game

Throws my "crazy 8's" prediction out of the window, though (although with an "8" on his back -81- DJ can be an honorary member)

16 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

I think Edmonton window is closed.Maybe i am wrong

They have a lot of work to do to allow them to get in

if they play .500 hockey from here on out they will have around 80 points. I have a hard time seeing them play that well

but they did just sign Sam Ganger so…

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

They have a lot of work to do to allow them to get in

if they play .500 hockey from here on out they will have around 80 points. I have a hard time seeing them play that well

but they did just sign Sam Ganger so…

They'll get it together, I'm sure.  A roster with two of the top 5 players in the world won't falter for long.  However, they've got a tough row to hoe

• Vintage 1

Just now, Dankmemes187 said:

you dont think having a line that averages 5,9" and 175lb would be an issue?

Nope, I don't think so.  All three players play much bigger than they are and all three can cause a lot of chaos with intense forechecking.  

I like Joshua, but it's not like he uses his size much