(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

1 minute ago, Crimson JH said:

I think he’s on a sophomore slump this season… 

He's really getting ignored by linemates too though.  Many times he's been open on the PP and they take the play to the other side.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, The Duke said:

Yeah, I agree it should have been a penalty - but I see where the staff is coming from, given how fickle the stripes can be.

I think Tocchet has an objective when it comes to dealing with the refs. No yelling, no whining (from anyone) and just talking to them during breaks. He had a long enough career to know that forming relationships with those guys goes a long way, just takes a while. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nooks said:

Hög big step this year and I think there’s even more there.

It’ll do the same for pods. Hoggy needed a bit more seasoning with the baby nucks . I also believe he’s a natural fit with Rick where as he didn’t pan out so well with Bruce’s ( honestly non structure) play.

1 minute ago, Falcons said:

Me too 

That hurt way more than 2011 

Shit, I even remember sitting in my parents trailer at Fort Casey on Whidbey Island watching the Canucks beat Chicago in the 82 playoffs on the black and white tv 

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I think Tocchet has an objective when it comes to dealing with the refs. No yelling, no whining (from anyone) and just talking to them during breaks. He had a long enough career to know that forming relationships with those guys goes a long way, just takes a while. 

Gotta hand it to him. So calm when you know it's killing him. Keeps the players calm, I'm impressed. 

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Beauvillier - there's no room on the top 6 and he isn't a bottom 6 player.   He's insurance in case of a top 6 injury

Expensive insurance ... I wonder if PA is not making a move on Beauvillier as that was a center piece on the Bo trade ... am I being too much of a conspiracy theorist?