(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

i think petterson shouldn't be paid as much as Mckinnon he had 6 seasons scoring well above a PPG... Usually a contract involves your past 3 years to accommodate for inconsistencies, but Trends matter too... if he wins the scoring race i would consider 12.5 million as fair... but another 100 point season maybe 11 million...

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

"The stuff Tony Gallagher writes belongs at the bottom of a bird cage."

Had a g/f with a cockatiel  --  I swear that bird could read the headlines of the newspaper on the bottom of his cage.  Was amusing when he went on a rant !

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

i think petterson shouldn't be paid as much as Mckinnon he had 6 seasons scoring well above a PPG... Usually a contract involves your past 3 years to accommodate for inconsistencies, but Trends matter too... if he wins the scoring race i would consider 12.5 million as fair... but another 100 point season maybe 11 million...

I actually really don't care how many points he scores its how much he can help us win games , period. Petey has become more important because of other aspects of his game and that is where I find his real mtrue value. By the way, how is McDavid doing with that? 😄

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

Still a very large number! Lol

11.5 x 8yrs? 

That’s what I would consider a fairly nice discount as well.

Anything lower would shock me… but I could see Mr “I just want to win” coming in at 12 or a tad lower on a long term deal and be pretty darn happy with it.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I actually really don't care how many points he scores its how much he can help us win games , period. Petey has become more important because of other aspects of his game and that is where I find his real mtrue value. By the way, how is McDavid doing with that? 😄

ok... i really dont know if he deserves to be paid the third highest in the NHL

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

That’s what I would consider a fairly nice discount as well.

Anything lower would shock me… but I could see Mr “I just want to win” coming in at 12 or a tad lower on a long term deal and be pretty darn happy with it.

That "formula" doesn't seem to be working at the moment for such players like McDavid, Nurse, Matthews, Tavares.  He may want to rethink his plan. 😀

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dankmemes187 said:

ok... i really dont know if he deserves to be paid the third highest in the NHL

No me either, I wasn't implying that. Sorry for the confusion. I just hope he doesn't think if he becomes more offensive(i.e. McDavid/Karlsson) he will automatically become more wealthy, you know, kinda like that Bo fella? I don't think so though, he seems to truly want to do what needs to be done to be successful. 

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Just curious, what would you (or other people - feel free to chime in) consider a discount?

10 million x 8 years is a discount 

11 million x 8 years is fair 

12 million x 8 years is inflation 

People suggesting 13 million for Petey are out of their minds. I love Petey but he's not a top 3 player in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I was caught
In the middle of a Dman trap

(thunder)
I looked around
And I knew the picks weren't coming back (thunder)
My mind raced
And I thought, what did Detroit just do?

(thunder)
And I knew
There was new help, new help on our blue (thunder)

Sound of the drums
Beating in my heart
The thunder of guns
Tore me apart

You've been

(You've been)

Hronekstruck

• Haha 2