(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

We gave the grease a reality check in game 1 and they never were able to recover from that.. now we have a chance to put a dagger on their playoff hopes.

I don't think they need much help, they are going to dig the hole on their own, I guess the Karma of taking all those #1 draft picks is finally coming around to bite them. 😄

• ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Are you willing to wager on this? How about a case of beer and you get to resign from the board and register as an Oilers Fan.

🤪

If we didn’t suck for 10 years I’d say we got this one too. I just floored with the teams performance. I forgot what it’s like to win consistently 

Edited by Devron

I look at this as a statement game - Oilers are floundering and we have the opportunity to put more distance between us and them. This for me is the game that could define us - lay an egg and we just might give them life. Beat them and it's another nail in their coffin. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not even in the same hemisphere as Lemieux or Gretzky. Were you around to watch them play? They were far better playmakers and game maestro's. McDavid has speed and fairly good puck skills but the comparison ends there in my mind.

I am 44 years old. I saw both play in person. Shit I met Gretzky and the rest of those Oilers after a practice as my far older cousin was best friends with Fuhr growing up during the year we lived in Edmonton when I was 4.

Lemieux and Gretz were superior players and winners. Shit I put Yzerman above McDavid as a player. McDavid is just incredibly skilled. I am talking overall skills. I agree it ends there but the game is different and on a pure SKILL level McDavid is better. Far faster with ridiculous hands versus more skilled competition and systems. Gretz, Orr, Lemieux and several others though I'd say had a bigger gap of them vs. their competition. 

I think you're missing my point man. 

I'd say Datsyuk prob the best ever on pure skill on second thought. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I am 44 years old. I saw both play in person. Shit I met Gretzky and the rest of those Oilers after a practice as my far older cousin was best friends with Fuhr growing up during the year we lived in Edmonton when I was 4.

Lemieux and Gretz were superior players and winners. Shit I put Yzerman above McDavid as a player. McDavid is just incredibly skilled. I am talking overall skills. I agree it ends there but the game is different and on a pure SKILL level McDavid is better. Far faster with ridiculous hands versus more skilled competition and systems. Gretz, Orr, Lemieux and several others though I'd say had a bigger gap of them vs. their competition. 

I'd say Datsyuk prob the best ever on pure skill on second thought. 

I would say Bure would be a closer comparison to McDavid, skillwise. Bure had a wicked slap shot though which was often overlooked because of all of his other skills he employed, which would give him the advantage over McDavid.

Edited by EdgarM

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I would say Bure would be a closer comparison to McDavid, skillwise. Bure had a wicked slap shot though which was often overlooked because of all of his other skills he employed, which would give him the advantage over McDavid.

I think your comparison has aome merit... Except, Bure never reach 150 points.  McDavid is better than Bure ever was but he's not far behind.

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Bure and McDavid did things at speed no else of their eras do/did at their level. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Time to pounce on the oiler early with the abysmal goaltending. And match their intensity. Mcdavid still have the ability to single handed win a game though not likely right now as I don’t think he’s 100%. Don’t give the oiler life in the standing. We are on a 7 game point streak or something. If oilers win it could give them life

2 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Yea and people shit on Benning who never had top 3 picks, JV was an aquaweenie want and OJ was derailed by multiple back and knee injuries/surgery along with COVID. But hey JB is the only GM ever to make “bad picks”

Do you have a source for the “JV was an aquaweenie want” comment? I would be interested in reading the article or watching a clip if you could share.

Just thinking out loud here.

This will be game 12 for the Canucks tonight. If they win they will be 14 points ahead of the Oilers. 

Simple question: Is it too presumptuous to think that a Canuck win tonight would bury the Oilers for the season? I don't think so. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I think your comparison has aome merit... Except, Bure never reach 150 points.  McDavid is better than Bure ever was but he's not far behind.

Bure was a pure goal scorer and needed know one to help him to do it. In order to do that , you needed everything in your tool belt to accomplish that. 

I don't think ol' McDavid is going to have too many 200 point seasons either. 😀

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Just thinking out loud here.

This will be game 12 for the Canucks tonight. If they win they will be 14 points ahead of the Oilers. 

Simple question: Is it too presumptuous to think that a Canuck win tonight would bury the Oilers for the season? I don't think so. 

But would make Oilers life hard as hell

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Bure was in a league of his own. He owned up to his errors. I may be wrong but the era of enforcers and bruising brutes were plenty. Mcbaby and Machews are more of a comparison. Both are finese players who are more about I,ME,MINE. Thier errors are blamed on the balance of the team.

• Like 1