(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

20 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I think your comparison has aome merit... Except, Bure never reach 150 points.  McDavid is better than Bure ever was but he's not far behind.

If McDavid would play in Bure time he wouldn't to.Heavy hiters and no penalties like today

1 minute ago, snowman955 said:

Bure was in a league of his own. He owned up to his errors. I may be wrong but the era of enforcers and bruising brutes were plenty. Mcbaby and Machews are more of a comparison. Both are finese players who are more about I,ME,MINE. Thier errors are blamed on the balance of the team.

Bure had to endure clutching and grabbing and the 2 line pass too. I swear he used to throw the puck in the oppositions skates just to mess with them. 😄

Yeah you are right, the  "I , me, mine"  just leads farther away from that TEAM mentality. When you tend to worry about "YOUR" ice time or "YOUR" salary, you put that divide with your TEAM MATES. Not a good recipe for success.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Just thinking out loud here.

This will be game 12 for the Canucks tonight. If they win they will be 14 points ahead of the Oilers. 

Simple question: Is it too presumptuous to think that a Canuck win tonight would bury the Oilers for the season? I don't think so. 

Probably not. But it would go a long ways towards breaking their spirit. 

14 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

This will be game 12 for the Canucks tonight. If they win they will be 14 points ahead of the Oilers. 

Simple question: Is it too presumptuous to think that a Canuck win tonight would bury the Oilers for the season? I don't think so. 

Possibly end Woodcroft’s season . Edmonton’s next game against San Jose would be a good place to bring a new coach in. 

Edited by Barnstorm

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Daylight savings time has me discombobulated. 

So the game is actually starting at 8 and ending at 11. 

image.gif.745e5f86803fa928e343f9dfbdff1f8a.gif

Oh my God. I live in Saskatchewan and we never switch times, so I'm wondering why the game hasn't started yet. And I left the gym early for this 😆

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I feel it's going to be a tough one tonight and the Oilers will come out determined to turn things around.  

Good chance. But also if it goes bad for them early I bet they roll over.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Oh my God. I live in Saskatchewan and we never switch times, so I'm wondering why the game hasn't started yet. And I left the gym early for this 😆

Well it starts at 7 PST, but feels like 8 PST or 1 thousand o’clock in your neck of the plains. 

30 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

A journalist mentioned that 14 point headstart with 70 games to go. 

That would be such a hard hill to climb.....even if Vancouver played at .500 the rest fo the way.  Imagine if the Canucks played at .600.  I believe the Oilers would have to play the rest of the schedule at .700

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Well it starts at 7 PST, but feels like 8 PST or 1 thousand o’clock in your neck of the plains. 

Yeah I've been in SK for a while so I've experienced this before. 9 PM starts (or 9:30 sometimes) and game ends after midnight. But I'm a bit of a night owl, so it's no issue.

• Cheers 2