(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

9 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I just went back to the old forum.  Seems like it’s still up but no activity.  It’s kinda sad Vintage is the only one posting in any of the GDTs or PGTs

Someone should send him a box of chocolates or something, poor lad.

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

They came out desperate and determined after we kicked their asses 8-1. 

We're playing hard and composed. We did pretty damn good against Dallas. 

They usually hold their new structure quite well, I seen them slip out of it here and there but the next period, they come right back out in their form again. I am sure RT gives them a reminder in the locker room between periods.

The Oilers might get a period out of them but I think we will prevail for the rest of the game. 

I think the Oilers are going to need a stupid amount of PP's to make this interesting.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

I am 44 years old. I saw both play in person. Shit I met Gretzky and the rest of those Oilers after a practice as my far older cousin was best friends with Fuhr growing up during the year we lived in Edmonton when I was 4.

Lemieux and Gretz were superior players and winners. Shit I put Yzerman above McDavid as a player. McDavid is just incredibly skilled. I am talking overall skills. I agree it ends there but the game is different and on a pure SKILL level McDavid is better. Far faster with ridiculous hands versus more skilled competition and systems. Gretz, Orr, Lemieux and several others though I'd say had a bigger gap of them vs. their competition. 

I think you're missing my point man. 

I'd say Datsyuk prob the best ever on pure skill on second thought. 

Sure I get what you're saying. Makes sense. Patty Kane type skill but better. He's faster, and better at tight stick handling, but doesn't see the ice, or the game as well as Wayne and Mario. I agree Datsyuk was probably the best at pure stickhandling. Lemieux also used his size better than McDavid obviously. I would also say I would prefer Mario and his big frame stickhandling than that of McDavid even though he does it at a higher speed. Mario was just way better at reading the game, as was Wayner.

Cheers Gnar, enjoy the game!