(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

This is going to be a tough one. Oilers would be coming in pissed off looking for something. As long as the team continues to play with good structure hockey for full 60 minutes, we should prevail. Also, stay out of the box, the Oilers PowerPlay is still lethal. Keep the plays 5-on-5 and the advantage will go to us. Let's go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I’m excited to tell my grandkids about the Oilers wasting the prime years of the most talented hockey player to ever live. 

Now that's hilarious!

Edit: McBaby isn't anywhere near prime Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Howe, Bobby Hull. Those guys would destroy the bitch. 

You're either extremely delusional, or you're just trying to stir the pot. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There's nothing like a franchise goalie come out at the start of this season and basically say, "remember that guy that stood on his head and almost stole a series from the Golden Knights?  Well I am that guy.  I was who you thought I was.". I'm totalling getting the vibes that they all know they're the best and all it took to unlock this was someone with an actual plan.  And I'm talking Alvin. He identified what this team needed and had a plan right from the start and has stuck with the plan. Every major decision that he's made has been a stroke of genius. All hIs major to minor trades have hit. The coaching and development staff he's assembled is among the best in the NHL.  A defensive structured system the franchise players they have have all bought in.  Its exciting. 

• Cheers 1

Oiler d-side game is still struggling. As we have clearly seen under RT that cause for Oiler short comings on the d-side is not all about the tenders and d-men. That said there is major issues there. When I look at the TOI distributions on the Oilers it does not indicate a lot of team building as the top 4 on offence eat lots of minutes. IMHO the Oilers have to play their bottom 6 and build from there. 

Nurse is not a top 2 d-man and cannot be paid as such. Where is the puck support in the Oiler game? 

Can McDavid and Draisaitil take a game from the Canucks? Of course they can. Will they to tonight?  I think not. Oilers do not appear to have truly hit bottom yet. Does it require another new coach? A new GM to replace Holland? I simply do not understand that org. 

If the Canucks win tonight, which I think they will, look for the SN boys to start jumping ship. It will be a thing of beauty. KB3 will be smiling. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

At this point it doesn't matter who we're playing. We're walking in as a team and competing hard.

Totally agree here put our best effort on the ice and let the chips fall where they may. Win this game and be 14 points ahead of the Oilers after 12 games.

• -dlc- featured and pinned this topic

I'm on-side with everything that has been said so far. This is only one game however it may be the most important in this young season. You absolutely cannot let the Oil have any time and space. Hit at every opportunity but do not take penalties. Play your best hockey and don't let up at any point. Geez I sound like a coach, need to relax.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Now that's hilarious!

Edit: McBaby isn't anywhere near prime Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Howe, Bobby Hull. Those guys would destroy the bitch. 

You're either extremely delusional, or you're just trying to stir the pot. 

He is not 'better' but on pure skills yes he is the best. Things evolve...

48 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

OMG I love when I think the game's tomorrow but I come here to find out it's today!!!

Let's push the Oilers around again tonight, they're fragile (do they really only have 5 points??). Let them know who's boss.

Looks like you had a great weekend😀

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

There's nothing like a franchise goalie come out at the start of this season and basically say, "remember that guy that stood on his head and almost stole a series from the Golden Knights?  Well I am that guy.  I was who you thought I was.". I'm totalling getting the vibes that they all know they're the best and all it took to unlock this was someone with an actual plan.  And I'm talking Alvin. He identified what this team needed and had a plan right from the start and has stuck with the plan. Every major decision that he's made has been a stroke of genius. All hIs major to minor trades have hit. The coaching and development staff he's assembled is among the best in the NHL.  A defensive structured system the franchise players they have have all bought in.  Its exciting. 

This. Coaching. RT, Sergei and Adam. Just take a look at these guys. You don't want to mess with them.

GCG!