(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

1 hour ago, coolboarder said:

One final game before we see them again in April and let's beat them up before they turn their season around.  I do not think that McDavid is 100% yet so let's take advantage of it and don't ever let the gas up.  

Exactly my thoughts… let’s swipe his legs out and plaster him onto the boards!

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not even in the same hemisphere as Lemieux or Gretzky. Were you around to watch them play? They were far better playmakers and game maestro's. McDavid has speed and fairly good puck skills but the comparison ends there in my mind.

That's McDavid's game.

Speed up the middle, and if you touch him - Powerplay

Rinse-repeat. 

• Upvote 3

This is going to be an interesting one.  The Oilers are pissed off and desperate and the Canucks are on a roll, firing on all cylinders, and generally playing extremely well.  It could go either way but it is almost certainly going to be entertaining.  Go Canucks Go!

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not even in the same hemisphere as Lemieux or Gretzky. Were you around to watch them play? They were far better playmakers and game maestro's. McDavid has speed and fairly good puck skills but the comparison ends there in my mind.

I agree, always thought he's overrated. He is a hilite reel of skating, burst of speed, side to side movement. Yip. The best "hockey" player? No. There are holes in McD's games and his leadership style. Him and Drias have become somewhat predictable, and it's increased the odds of shutting them down. There are many players who when are on their game, in their prime, are more effective hockey players than McD.            Edit, that said, watch the little goof light it up tonight. Lol. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nux_win said:

This is going to be an interesting one.  The Oilers are pissed off and desperate and the Canucks are on a roll, firing on all cylinders, and generally playing extremely well.  It could go either way but it is almost certainly going to be entertaining.  Go Canucks Go!

Oilers have some good forwards, So do the Canucks.

Oilers have mediocre D and goaltending. That will be the difference. 

Oh, and Tocchet will take Woodcroft's lunch money while he's at it

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve been thinking about this all day, and I have convinced myself that this is our defining game.  We always show up against the Stars, we have gotten off to hot starts, but in the past, this is exactly the game we always lose.  This is not a statement I make often like others on this board.  We tend to only show up against the Oilers 50% of the time in years past so we are due to do that if we are the same team, and we also tend to suck against good teams that are slumping hard.  If we are convincing this game (don’t even have to win, just be convincing), I will 100% believe.

Let’s fucking go I’m excited.  A little nervous but damn excited.

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

His shot speed and accuracy is way down this year, if they can continue to keep him to the outside we should be ok. 

I'm tired of hearing he may be injured still. Teams are catching on to how to keep him in check. He will still have the pad your stat games, but teasm seem to be better at getting on McD before he gets to full speed. Also, if McD has the puck, teams know to get close to Drais and check him.

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

I'm tired of hearing he may be injured still. Teams are catching on to how to keep him in check. He will still have the pad your stat games, but teasm seem to be better at getting on McD before he gets to full speed. Also, if McD has the puck, teams know to get close to Drais and check him.

It's his shot speed being 10 mph slower that has me thinking injury.

12 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Oilers have some good forwards, So do the Canucks.

Oilers have mediocre D and goaltending. That will be the difference. 

Oh, and Tocchet will take Woodcroft's lunch money while he's at it

The Canucks are the superior team, and it's not just because they're "overachieving". 

Demko and Desmith is an infinitely better tandem than Skinner and Campbell.

Hughes, Hronek, Soucy, Cole, Friedman and Myers are a better defense than Nurse, Ekholm, Bouchard, Ceci, Kulak and Desharnais.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's his shot speed being 10 mph slower that has me thinking injury.

Maybe, but then lead by example in backcheck, defensive play, checking, takeaways. Never liked him as a captain and his recent interviews have been horrible. Meh, I'm biased, but happy to see McD show some of his colors and I hope the media gets on him a bit if the losing continues. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Maybe, but then lead by example in backcheck, defensive play, checking, takeaways. Never liked him as a captain and his recent interviews have been horrible. Meh, I'm biased, but happy to see McD show some of his colors and I hope the media gets on him a bit if the losing continues. 

"1000 cuts"

• Haha 2

The Canucks are a different group of players, coached and managed by gritty no-nonsense winners. It's rubbing off on the players. They seem super focused. McDavid is coming into the Canucks house a broken man, expected to do it all himself. Anyone can win on any given night, but I'm feeling confident if they stick to their game plan, the Canucks will get 2 points at the end of the night.

• Cheers 1