(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

4 minutes ago, Wing said:

Okay I'll be honest. Don't want to be overly critical but not a very good first period. Demko bailed us out big time and we got a couple of bounces our way.

I'll take it but we gotta come out better in the second period. 

Yeah, the Oilers were completely in control for the first 10 minutes. They're so mentally defeated with this slump that it's looking like they crumpled as soon as Hughes scored though. I imagine they'll reset between periods, but that was really something to watch. 

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Is everyone calmed down now ??

A few people were close to having panic attacks about 15 mins ago? Lol

I think everyone was. No fan was watching that start and not wondering what the hell was happening. 

They definitely had a scary start. But so nice to see they didn't let a bad 10 minutes determine the entire game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

You mean when people observed they were playing poorly?  Why is that bad to say?  They were

It's not bad to say....but we've seen this before. Oilers get a jump and our guys don't panic and regain their form.

People are too eager to write us off in games. We're being shown that this team deserves a little faith. Rather than defaulting to "here we go again" prematurely.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, AatuD2 said:

Yeah, Garland is constantly winning puck battles and setting up teammates. 

He's been solid this year despite the lack of points. 

To his credit (and Hogz) they draw a lot of penalties. Something about small guys getting under other players skin.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Oilers lack:

- discipline, their players are way too reactive

- puck moving defenseman

- strong goaltending

- supporting coaching staff 

- over dependence on their forward core

These glaring issues MUST be fixed if Oilers want to even make the playoffs let alone go far as everyone predicted.

You can't have players like Bouchard or Nurse imploding and taking dumb penalties this has to be corrected.

Ummmm they got Sam Gagner... problem solved.

• Haha 3