(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

it feels so nice looking forward to games again instead of dreading staying up late to watch a demoralizing loss. 

canucks doing well, Alberta cratering, this is about as close as I get to experiencing joy. 

• ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

its funny cause i always thought he was one of our more physical players... 4 fights 1 this year... and is 32nd in the league for hits per/60

When I consider a players physicality, fights are about the last thing I consider.  I look at how a player plays shift in and shift out.......do they get in on the forecheck?  Are they first to the puck?  Do they engage with defenders on the boards and win puck battles?  Do they use their body to seperate puck carrier from puck?  Those are the real markers of physical play for me and hogz is significantly better at those than Joshua, imo

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Devron said:

I think the Oilers win this one, but I didn’t think we’d shutout the Stars either. We win and that would be incredible again,

Wow what a season so far! 

Are you willing to wager on this? How about a case of beer and you get to resign from the board and register as an Oilers Fan.

🤪

• Haha 4

Hopefully connor demands a trade out of Deadmonton soon. He deserves way better.

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Are you willing to wager on this? How about a case of beer and you get to resign from the board and register as an Oilers Fan.

🤪

An oilers fan? That's too far man! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Time to dig Edmonton's grave just a little bit deeper.

And then maybe San Jose can bury them for good. Could you imagine?

they'll probably fire their coach tomorrow morning and then the new one can start his tenure against the lowly sharks. Dare I say....guaranteed win night? 

52 minutes ago, Pears said:

I agree. As much as I love this start even I know this isn't sustainable for 82 games. We'll definitely fall back down to top 10 or so in most categories eventually which would still be awesome considering where we came from. 

Looking like Seattle from last year. That's a good thing. 

53 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I hope Tocchet doesn't make the same mistake as other coaches.  We don't get as many back to backs this season from what I understand. So its even more tempting for Rick to overplay Demko.  But the wear and tear is cumulative throughout the season. You have to start now to keep Thatcher fresh and in prime shape for the playoffs. I'd like to see DeSmith spotted in tonight.  Ideally he should be in at least every fourth  game or so.  How many SC teams have ended up going with the backup, who luckily shines, because their starter is worn out or injured late in the season? Or they do use their starter but he's been out with injury for half the season, and come back into form just before the post season? 

I think Tocchet has managed Demko pretty well so far.

Demko has 8GP and DeSmith has 4GP. So DeSmith has started every 3rd game.

I know this would be four in a row of Demmer, but Tocchet did say he wanted to reward Demko's play. Putting him up against some of the top offensive players in the league is the kind of reward/challenge a guy like Demko loves.

So, I don't mind if he gets in against the Oilers. He's earned it. Plus, we're early into the season, and he's had a good amount of rest.

Though I agree we should be playing DeSmith every 3rd or 4th game because you can't play goalies 65 games and then hope they can also make it through at least 16 playoff games. Hellebuyck is a prime example. The guy is unreal, but he plays an absurd number of games during the season, and he's just done by the playoffs. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Win2024 said:

Hopefully connor demands a trade out of Deadmonton soon. He deserves way better.

no he doesn't.  pissy pants needs to learn how to lead his team by example, playing the right way instead of trying to break his own scoring records every year. 

he is inarguably the most talented player in the league. he has no excuse for not choosing to win the selke every year. 

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Wow this is awesome footage.

He made it look so effortless. Hughes skates like Wayner.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. QH's edge work is off the charts. 

So that means, we have two Gretzky approved players! (Petey and Hughes) 

5 minutes ago, Win2024 said:

An oilers fan? That's too far man! 

I disagree, he fucked himself. He got what he asked for. 12.5mil deal and left nothing for anyone else. Just wait til Drysaddle’s deal is up in 2 seasons lol. Pittsburgh took that risk back in the day with Crosby, signed his 8.7mil deal which was 17% of the total cap same as McWhiner…. What saved Pittsburgh was Malkin being on a an ELC. Had Malkin come over to NA any sooner, they would have  never won a cup.

9 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I think Tocchet has managed Demko pretty well so far.

Demko has 8GP and DeSmith has 4GP. So DeSmith has started every 3rd game.

I know this would be four in a row of Demmer, but Tocchet did say he wanted to reward Demko's play. Putting him up against some of the top offensive players in the league is the kind of reward/challenge a guy like Demko loves.

So, I don't mind if he gets in against the Oilers. He's earned it. Plus, we're early into the season, and he's had a good amount of rest.

Though I agree we should be playing DeSmith every 3rd or 4th game because you can't play goalies 65 games and then hope they can also make it through at least 16 playoff games. Hellebuyck is a prime example. The guy is unreal, but he plays an absurd number of games during the season, and he's just done by the playoffs. 

This is huge, I was worried with Martin Demko would play like 72 games haha.

11 minutes ago, tas said:

he is inarguably the most talented player in the league. he has no excuse for not choosing to win the selke every year. 

No he tries to win the sulky every year instead. Cries about things not getting called, yet hes just as bad if not worse than a lot of guys out there with the hacking and slashing and other chippy little shit he does when things dont go his way

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Coiled Soilers won't be able to outscore their defensive and goaltending issues. While Ekholm was a strong add, he's not enough to make the difference. 

Umm, it's actually solid coilers. At least they're good at something. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tas said:

no he doesn't.  pissy pants needs to learn how to lead his team by example, playing the right way instead of trying to break his own scoring records every year. 

Bit of a double standard, no?  How many did Gretzky or Lemieux win?

9 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

I disagree, he fucked himself. He got what he asked for. 12.5mil deal and left nothing for anyone else. Just wait til Drysaddle’s deal is up in 2 seasons lol. Pittsburgh took that risk back in the day with Crosby, signed his 8.7mil deal which was 17% of the total cap same as McWhiner…. What saved Pittsburgh was Malkin being on a an ELC. Had Malkin come over to NA any sooner, they would have  never won a cup.

I don't think Drysaddle will necessarily Want to be a lifer in Edmonton. In some cases past success just isn't enough. I think we may see this transition sooner then later..

As much as oils are struggling, we absolutely cannot take them lightly. Their offense is still very potent with 97 and 29. 

We should be able to shut them down 5v5 with the way we've been playing. I'm just worried about getting into penalty trouble. 

25 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

they'll probably fire their coach tomorrow morning and then the new one can start his tenure against the lowly sharks. Dare I say....guaranteed win night? 

You never talk about a streak. My grandparents were happily married for 51 years because they never said a fucking word to each other.

Roy Kent

AFC Richmond

• Haha 3