(GDT) Canucks Vs Oilers Nov 6 (7PM PST)

PeteyBOI

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Bit of a double standard, no?  How many did Gretzky or Lemieux win?

their teams won cups.

yzerman had to mature his game to win. mcdavid won't win until he learns how to play. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

You never talk about a streak. My grandparents were happily married for 51 years because they never said a fucking word to each other.

Roy Kent

AFC Richmond

what I meant was SJ was a guaranteed win night for them 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't think Drysaddle will necessarily Want to be a lifer in Edmonton. In some cases past success just isn't enough. I think we may see this transition sooner then later..

100%

people called me crazy, but I suggested Edmonton move McDavid a couple years ago and build around Drysaddle’s 8.5mil cap hit. They could move McDavid for a kings ransom and actually build legit depth and talent up and down the lineup, find a true #1d and probably a legit goalie. For that same cap hit. As great as McDavid is, Edmonton relied on outscoring the problem waaaaay too much and they relied heavily on PP time. Half of McDivers points came on the PP last season, as soon as the PPs disappeared as playoffs went on, they couldnt do a damn thing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ROBsolete said:

It's better for the Canucks if that $9.25m pylon is on the ice as much as possible.

What is the difference between Dana Murzyn and Darnell Nurse?

Dana could hit like a freight train and didn't get paid Ovechkin money doing it, LoL.

Other than that, both were/are pylons.

Edited by Rocket-68

7 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

100%

people called me crazy, but I suggested Edmonton move McDavid a couple years ago and build around Drysaddle’s 8.5mil cap hit. They could move McDavid for a kings ransom and actually build legit depth and talent up and down the lineup, find a true #1d and probably a legit goalie. For that same cap hit. As great as McDavid is, Edmonton relied on outscoring the problem waaaaay too much and they relied heavily on PP time. Half of McDivers points came on the PP last season, as soon as the PPs disappeared as playoffs went on, they couldnt do a damn thing.

That is solid reasoning, McDavid is a generational talent which all would agree. However him a team does not make.

Gretzky went to LA (angry the Canucks missed that opportunity) and while he transformed that market, he couldn't bring them the cup. Not that was the core focus, a story for another day.

DrySaddle (stolen from a previous poster) and what McDavid would bring would be a lot better than Mickey D and DS on this team. 

Then again, my opinion and $14 will buy you a cup of Java at Starbucks. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, tas said:

their teams won cups.

yzerman had to mature his game to win. mcdavid won't win until he learns how to play. 

The oilers probably need a coach that doesn’t genuflect every time Mc Dra tie their skates, you are dead on about Yzerman. 

1 minute ago, igorwasgreat said:

The oilers probably need a coach that doesn’t genuflect every time Mc Dra tie their skates, you are dead on about Yzerman. 

they need a Mike Keenan style coach that will sit them down and let them know who is running the team. 

You don't back check--- I don't car if you do make a gazillion a year, you're missing the next shift or 2. 

this is a TEAM game, not a one-man-show. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

It hasn't sunk in for me yet that we're about to go 9-2-1...

Ssshhh don't jinx it mate. Killing me I haven't watched since New York beat us just been watching the score so superstitious... I can't go much longer!!!!!! Aaarrrgghhhhh lol

Edited by Bobby Lou

47 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

I disagree, he fucked himself. He got what he asked for. 12.5mil deal and left nothing for anyone else. Just wait til Drysaddle’s deal is up in 2 seasons lol. Pittsburgh took that risk back in the day with Crosby, signed his 8.7mil deal which was 17% of the total cap same as McWhiner…. What saved Pittsburgh was Malkin being on a an ELC. Had Malkin come over to NA any sooner, they would have  never won a cup.

Vancouver is in, will be in the same boat.  Top heavy with few resources for quality depth

1 hour ago, stawns said:

When I consider a players physicality, fights are about the last thing I consider.  I look at how a player plays shift in and shift out.......do they get in on the forecheck?  Are they first to the puck?  Do they engage with defenders on the boards and win puck battles?  Do they use their body to seperate puck carrier from puck?  Those are the real markers of physical play for me and hogz is significantly better at those than Joshua, imo

Yeah I would agree whole heartedly on the criteria you're looking at. Joshua is surprisingly timid for his size and he can be fast but uses it more when he's trying to deke players out than he does on the forecheck.

14 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

they need a Mike Keenan style coach that will sit them down and let them know who is running the team. 

You don't back check--- I don't car if you do make a gazillion a year, you're missing the next shift or 2. 

this is a TEAM game, not a one-man-show. 

Ahhhh, a Rick Tocchet type of coach then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Vancouver is in, will be in the same boat.  Top heavy with few resources for quality depth

Ya. It's why our time is now, ready or not. Once Hughes and Demkos contracts are up its going to get dicey. Hope for good drafting and what looks to be some postive current prospect development. This team moving forward will absolutely be needing quality, entry level prospects.