[Article] Calgary Flames Reportedly Shopping Defensemen

RWJC

13 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

So basically what we were paying OEL. That's probably a fair price for Hanifin, but it's definitely not a deal 

Aye, but he'll be 27 in January and he's a top 4D

He's having a bit of a down season but the last couple seasons show he's capable of being a 40 point guy

Not a bargain, but probably fair

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hronek get a similar deal, possibly higher depending on how many points he puts up this season

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Took a peek at the numbers and looks Capfriendly has Klingberg on LTIR.  4.1m to Tanevs 4.5m.  

There's still hope Leafs won't be able to pull it off though Tanev would probably waive for the Leafs.  

Leafs would have to fumble this pretty bad for it not to happen imo, it was reported that they were actually trying to acquire both Tanev and Zadorov but that a deal fell apart because the Leafs and Flames couldn't agree on what'd it cost Toronto for Calgary to retain up to 50% on each player, on top of what the initial acquisition costs 

Could easily see the Flames retaining 400k or more

https://flamesnation.ca/news/friedman-disagreement-on-salary-retention-prevented-toronto-from-acquiring-chris-tanev-and-nikita-zadorov-from-the-flames

Edited by Coconuts

4 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Took a peek at the numbers and looks Capfriendly has Klingberg on LTIR.  4.1m to Tanevs 4.5m.  

There's still hope Leafs won't be able to pull it off though Tanev would probably waive for the Leafs.  

And if he goes there I predict he will be LTIR’d before season’s end and maybe even unavailable for first round of playoffs. Hope not for his sake but I doubt he stays healthy there. Hell injure himself trying to help that club.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, RWJC said:

And if he goes there I predict he will be LTIR’d before season’s end and maybe even unavailable for first round of playoffs. Hope not for his sake but I doubt he stays healthy there. Hell injure himself trying to help that club.

Yup. Tanev is a HUGE risk. Old and too often injured. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

That is why I want Tanev to go to the Laffers. Goodness knows what Trevilian will have that interests the Flames. 

Leafs are a dominant puck possession team though so way less likely to get injured in the ways he is dusky has: blocking shots and taking hits to make plays. Adding Tanev would give Reilly a partner and open up his game. Tanev would put the Leafs over to top. Make them Cup Finalists for sure. We still beat them in the Final though.

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Leafs are a dominant puck possession team though so way less likely to get injured in the ways he is dusky has: blocking shots and taking hits to make plays. Adding Tanev would give Reilly a partner and open up his game. Tanev would put the Leafs over to top. Make them Cup Finalists for sure. We still beat them in the Final though.

I wonder who is on his NTC? 10 teams.

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cup finalists? Dunno

But better? Probably 

Edited by Coconuts

Tanev still has the reputation of being injury prone, but he has remained much healthier over the past several years.

2019-20 - Didn't miss a game

2020-21 - Didn't miss a game

2021-22 - Didn't miss a game

2022-23 - Missed 17 games

Hasn't missed a game so far this season.

He's played in 297 out of the last 314 games since the start of the 2019-20 season

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Leafs could circle around on Tanev

Been pretty well reported that Calgary Flames GM Conroy has no interest in working with Treliving after he quit on them to go work for Toronto. I doubt we see any trade happen between these two teams anytime soon.

Edited by JayDangles
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, boziffous said:

Tanev still has the reputation of being injury prone, but he has remained much healthier over the past several years.

He's played in 297 out of the last 314 games since the start of the 2019-20 season

Didn’t he missed a couple of games about a week ago with a puck to the face? 

13 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Been pretty well reported that Calgary Flames GM Conroy has no interest in working with Treliving after he quit on them to go work for Toronto. I doubt we see any trade happen between these two teams anytime soon.

I've read that as well, but at the same time it depends on who's willing to pay what 

I understand being bitter, but if Toronto is willing to pay the best price Calgary may have to reconsider their stance 

Toronto is currently the team most desperate to add on D (outside of maybe Edmonton) if I'm not mistaken, would be dumb of Calgary not to take advantage of that 

Edited by Coconuts

33 minutes ago, boziffous said:

Probably because he plays 2nd pair with the Flames.  Canucks used him as a top pair guy, and so he saw way more action leading to injuries.  If he ends up on the Leafs, he'll be the top pair guy there... guaranteed he will get injured.

20 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Leafs would have to fumble this pretty bad for it not to happen imo, it was reported that they were actually trying to acquire both Tanev and Zadorov but that a deal fell apart because the Leafs and Flames couldn't agree on what'd it cost Toronto for Calgary to retain up to 50% on each player, on top of what the initial acquisition costs 

Could easily see the Flames retaining 400k or more

https://flamesnation.ca/news/friedman-disagreement-on-salary-retention-prevented-toronto-from-acquiring-chris-tanev-and-nikita-zadorov-from-the-flames

No point retaining 400k as the flames would lose a retention spot and the leafs have the cap space. Its likely 50% or nothing. Leafs would be smart to pay extra to get 50% retained and leave the door open for more moves at the deadline.

1 hour ago, boziffous said:

Him and Edler had to carry those bad Canuck teams. Over usage likely led to him being injured when in Van the final few years.