[PGT] Coilers at Canucks

Johnny

5 hours ago, DANJR said:

I am sorry but she is a hockey goddess and deserves respect.  She did so much for Canadian women's hockey.

I thought she was fine too, she gave the Canucks plenty of credit and was very complimentary.  Sorry to all Oilers fans though, but it is our time in the spotlight  now.  You bullied us for so long that it made us tough and sick of it.  Now our young stars have become men and have come back with a vengeance.  Lord Stanley we are coming for you next!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DANJR said:

I will admit that I hate that Miller contract.
Players go downhill so fast after a certain point.  Is he great this year, yes.
Will he be great next year, will he be good the next year?  Will he be OK the year after?  Will he make L.E. look good the next year?

I'll eat my words if he gives us value through his whole contract.  OR if he helps bring a cup he was worth every cent.

I am glad we kept Brock, he has been among my fav's since he joined us.  I don't recall ever saying a negative thing about the kid.

At some point, JT will slow down and regress. 

What we can hope for however is that he manages to adapt his game to his regression. 

I wouldn't mind having an even meaner, grumpier and solely defensively focused 36 year old 3rd line C Jimothy Timothy around in a few years. 

• ThereItIs 1

This might be more of an idictment on me, but Jay Woodcroft looks like my ex with short hair. Striking resemblance, actually.

Maybe should have kept that to myself....I made up for it!

6 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Elite teams don’t come out soft like this - Canucks have been guilty of coming out soft and counting on their goalie to bail them out until they get back into the game - Elite teams don’t come out soft like this 

If we want to take it to the next level we have to come out strong from the start and not rely on our goalies  to keep us in the game

It was one game, one where the Oilers were gunning for revenge after having been embarrassed by us twice (the 2nd game was close, but they had to expect to win at home).

Most games we have started out quite well this year, IIRC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Except with Miller gone the team's not performing at this level and then Petey's probably gone too. Not so great for the future.

His impact on the team in the here and now will carry into the future. He's helping change the way guys play and leading by example. The first guy who'll go down swinging for his team. This "culture" that we hear so much about is also being built for the future. Having a player like Miller who's openly declared he wants to be here with this group and is ultra competitive sets the tone for the future.

Those wanting to compare to LE....JT's got a different make up and mindset. He's a leader out there on the ice, helping direct plays and containing star players so this team learns how to beat them.

It was a great move to keep him and that's showing up in spades.

Pretty sure it's working out just great with Miller here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Elite teams don’t come out soft like this - Canucks have been guilty of coming out soft and counting on their goalie to bail them out until they get back into the game - Elite teams don’t come out soft like this 

If we want to take it to the next level we have to come out strong from the start and not rely on our goalies  to keep us in the game

But the Oilers are touted "an elite team" and they come out like gangbusters and then run out of gas. All in for half a period. So a team like that? (pun intended)

Elite teams have to find a way to win....it's not the start of the game, it's the finish that matters. 

We have an elite goaltender...that also matters. He's capable of what he's doing and actually seems to thrive by getting "involved" early in the game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

It's really impossible to validate that as the return is unknown. Also to validate how JT looks five years from now. In this moment, JT is killer and was absolutely the right choice over Bo. JT is on a value contract right now and one of the best players in the game. Intangibles to boot. Love this guy, he's perfect for this team and Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary just wished they had a JT Miller.

You just nailed all the things I was thinking here.

Again....people talking like they can predict the future. "Additions" to the team are "assets" and "depth" when reality is....maybe they do nothing for us. Younger isn';t a formula for "better" but some throw it out there like it is. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1