[PGT] Coilers at Canucks

Johnny

9 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Tocchet on Tyler Myers: “I think he’s been unreal… he’s been one of the best players the last few games. I’m proud of him.”

Great to hear. It took years but we're seeing the guy we hoped we traded for. Best part is trading him is no longer considered necessary to fix the d.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Great to hear. It took years but we're seeing the guy we hoped we traded for. Best part is trading him is no longer considered necessary to fix the d.

Myers was alright for us his first few seasons.  Not great nor worth his contract but still acceptable (from my POV).  Its not until the last season or two that his play had fallen off the cliff.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Tocchet has officially made me a fan. I can't be a hater 1 minute longer. Sticking the top unit out there with 1 minute left in a 5-2 ass whooping. Yeah, you're him.

I think that was payback for the oilers being whiny cheapshot artists...well done RT, well done

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

The only thing that could have topped tonight's very exciting game is if McDavid actually got in a scrap and got his ass beat down.  It was beautiful to watch that team unravel so quickly.  They've lost their marbles and I can't see them coming back into the playoff fold without a series of sentinel moments for them.

Thats a bit harsh. No?

See:

A sentinel event is an unexpected occurrence involving death or serious physical or psychological injury, or the risk thereof. Serious injury specifically includes loss of limb or function.

This team is so dominant atm.  Shades of 2010-11 dominant:  top defense, top offense, top pp in the league.  Is it sustainable?  Maybe not the results but the process is for real.  Lucky bounces are not why we're succeeding.  Tocchet and staff deserve all the credit in the world for turning this ship around.

This is the best core we've ever had and it's not even close.  With the bottom 6 forwards playing so well and our second and third D pairings more than holding up we're going to continue winning, even if there's a rough patch or two.   

7 hours ago, stawns said:

An opinion is wrong?  Perhaps they'd have got a huge return, tons of cap space and ended up in the same place.  

As it stands now, Miller is on borrowed time and the Canucks will have a shorter window to win.  They're playing great hockey right now and that's fantastic.

Is this the PGT where we won again and are an almost historic start to the season?

Or is it the, "I am so great, I know everything, I knew everything, and I will know everything; ain't I great" thread?

VHlPuJN.gif

• Vintage 1

Not sure if this has been posted already, but it has not aged well.....

As soon as I write this I’m going to call Dave the Editor and tell him he doesn’t have to fret or sweat beads of blood worrying about tomorrow’s front page.

It’s right here, Dave.

I’m taking a page out of Mark Messier’s book – no, make that the New York Post – where he, in only Messier style, coined a line which sent copy editors scrambling to find the biggest point size they could.

And May 25, 1994 they did: 120 point, with a picture of the New York Rangers captain on the left side of the page and Messier’s battle cry in a column on the right.

“We’ll win tonight,” the headline screamed.

Messier kept his word. The Rangers beat the New Jersey Devils to bring their Stanley Cup Playoff best-of-seven semi-final firmly knotted at three games.

The Rangers won the series in the greatest two words in hockey – Game 7 — and then won the Stanley Cup in the next series against the Vancouver Canucks.

I have the same bold prediction.

“Misery ends Monday night.” There’s your headline, David!

I know things are, of course, bigger in New York. But let’s go bigger — 130 point. That should do the trick. Because this is the night the Edmonton Oilers are going to end their flirtation with — cover your eyes, Oilers fans — not making the playoffs after a disastrous ten game start, only winning two games.

Heck, their play is creating more red flags than a 25-car pile-up in a Nascar race. But tonight, the Oilers best players will, in fact. Be their best players.

They will play with urgency and competitiveness — rather than the Sunday skates they’ve been having.

Their defence? It will be stingy. Every man was covered. A force, finally, to be reckoned with.

And their goaltenders, who have mightily struggled, will have a stand-on-your-head, arms, legs, pinkie’s, and funny-bone performance.

Want proof? Say hello to Rachel Salas. She is an associate professor of neurology who specializes in sleep medicine and sleep disorders at Johns Hopkins University.

In a recent BBC report, Salas said you’re in a better mood, have improved reasoning and better sharing ideas with more sleep, and what did we all just encounter?

An extra hour, you say? You picking up what I’m lying down?

We just got that wonderful, peaceful, pull-up-the-covers for another good hour with an extra hour of shut-eye Sunday after turning our clocks back an hour.

And now it’s time for the Oilers to be refreshed, be sharp, be a competitive National Hockey League team and to, finally, turn things around.

Look out, Vancouver Canucks: you’re in trouble tonight. The Oilers are going to get you back … big time.

So maybe take an extra long pre-game nap. You’re gonna need it.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/tait-oilers-will-wake-up-out-of-their-slumber-and-end-their-misery-tonight/ar-AA1juhvk?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=9c45ac5ba5224121b2949622502bdbba&ei=19

• Haha 3