[PGT] Coilers at Canucks

Johnny

26 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Am I the only one seeing Sportsnet refuse to put us ahead of Dallas in their standings? It’s been like that all week

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/standings/

You have to click on PTS and it re-orders - you have it ordered by some other criteria.  See:

20231106_224118.thumb.jpg.74b15831136480c0e940495c5f9c2839.jpg

Edited by Googlie
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

One thing for 100% sure; The Canucks have the patience to go far this year. Not panicing, staying the pace. They don't go into a funk when

things go off the rails a bit. Will this beat the Bubble? I would think so...............

I have no doubt we will make the playoffs but the playoffs are a whole new animal and we don’t have experience. I’m hoping for an exciting run but realistically 2 or 3 years before we are a legit contender, hope they prove me wrong.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I have no doubt we will make the playoffs but the playoffs are a whole new animal and we don’t have experience. I’m hoping for an exciting run but realistically 2 or 3 years before we are a legit contender, hope they prove me wrong.

The playoffs are no longer enough based on what the experts and media are saying. This team has a core at its prime the expectations need to be a lot higher than just the playoffs the market decides the expectations and they are sky high with this team.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

How glad are we that PA didn't trade Brock, and how sad is every other NHL GM that the didn't offer a good package of picks and prospects for him, wow. Hands down the NHL come back player of the year 12 games in.

I agree - but without the flat cap you’d have to think he’d have been moved.  Even if it was for minimal return and just cap space, he had a pretty good pedigree.  But the cap economy basically made any winger who wasn’t a 40 goal scorer into a cap space liability.

The best thing about Brock isn’t just the scoring - it’s that he’s a complete player. Aside from last year he was always a competent two way, legit top 6 guy. That he’s playing matchup with Miller and PDG is just phenomenal.  And that’s our “second” line.

• Cheers 4

26 minutes ago, brownky said:

You know what I like? Tocchet doesn't play "line slots" very much.

He's letting guys gel with their lines, really stew. And it's working. Every line is contributing - even if one player on a line has a bit of a dud game, he sticks with it rather than try to "get him going" by moving players around.

Set the lines and leave them unless there's a major reason (penalty / injury) to change em. It's nice.

Or the very most swapping one player with another but not going full blender 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2