[PGT] Coilers at Canucks

Johnny

Just now, -dlc- said:

But the Oilers are touted "an elite team" and they come out like gangbusters and then run out of gas

Exactly, they play hard and fast for the first 12 14 minutes and expected to win and the Canucks to fold. That was a successful recipe for awhile, not anymore.

• Cheers 1

Glad to see our Canucks pull out another win against Edmonton. I was worried that this streak would not be sustainable. Very glad to be proven wrong. The way they are playing right now, they can beat any team. Looking forward to the litmus test against Vegas and Boston. We are in for a very special year I think. GCG!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

And admit when your wrong. I was not on board trading Bo, didn't like it. But after seeing the Tochett-JT tandem and the ying and yang with EP. I was dead wrong. There was a home run ball right there to swing at, I missed it completely. 

That's a big part of it. To say "I like Miller" but....and then stay stuck on your reasons for trading him is... just staying stuck.

This team would be in trouble without Miller. Then the future would also be in jeopardy regardless because the foundation to build from isn't there. And yes, an older player is part of that...veteran leadership, changing the culture, all the things that he does would result in a different picture of this team. 

To focus on the future without considering the here and now to prove a point isn't really doing so. 

This is probably already posted, but he's also a great spokesman for the team (along with Captain Quinn). 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I think we need a few more good pieces and BOOM!!!

we’re challenging for the cup… 

go Canucks go

Ice Hockey Reaction GIF by NHL

We definitely need 1 or 2 more physical players. 1 on Defence and 1 on forward. Joshua isn't going to cut it during playoffs. 

We are showing team grit, but not team toughness and that will wear guys like Hughes, BB6 and Petey down over a couple series. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Rekker said:

And admit when your wrong. I was not on board trading Bo, didn't like it. But after seeing the Tochett-JT tandem and the ying and yang with EP. I was dead wrong. There was a home run ball right there to swing at, I missed it completely. 

I think everyone over the last couple years has been wrong about something. 

While I was completely on board with moving Bo, I admit I was on the trade Boes bandwagon early last season. I didn't want the team to give him away, but I would have been completely fine if they moved him. Boy was I off on that one. 

Also how many people were calling for Myers to be sent to Abby, or the moon! Now look!

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I think everyone over the last couple years has been wrong about something. 

While I was completely on board with moving Bo, I admit I was on the trade Boes bandwagon early last season. I didn't want the team to give him away, but I would have been completely fine if they moved him. Boy was I off on that one. 

Also how many people were calling for Myers to be sent to Abby, or the moon! Now look!

I suppose it's part of why we love the game so much. Nothing is scripted. 

7 hours ago, Gurn said:

Lots of folk seem to forget the biggest potential problem with the Miller deal, is not the first few years, but rather the ones at the end.

That's business. Many, many contracts like that. And it's debatable to what extent this is even true with JT.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

No we did not forget.  This is just another patronizing post.

Miller will be good into his mid 30's .

I've believed this for years. He is durable, has drive ,and mixed with his wide skill set....he will be one of those 'outliers' that will continue to contribute.

His deal is great. We are lucky.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I think Tocchet sent a message to the Canuck team late in the third. He put the #1 power play out in a 5-2 game when normally a coach wouldn't do that. I think that move was sending a message to the Coilers, you try cheap shots, we'll make you pay, regardless of the score. I, for one, is glad he did. I have never seen such an entitled team of so-called superstar babies in my life. I've been saying for years that team has no goaltending, see the Hoglander goal and the rebound that was put on his stick. Plus, their defense is even worse. I don't see Woodcroft surviving this tire fire into the weekend. Is it his fault? I don't think it is, but, he's got the two "best" players in the World as everyone tells us, and they aren't even close to winning anything.

Can the Canucks keep this pace up for an 82 game schedule? Not likely, but this is sure as hell fun watching the Eastern Networks, TSN, and Sportsnet taking notice. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that the Canucks would outscore the Oilers 17-4 in three games?

Edited by Johngould21
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Miller will be good into his mid 30's .

I've believed this for years. He is durable, has drive ,and mixed with his wide skill set....he will be one of those 'outliers' that will continue to contribute.

His deal is great. We are lucky.

Reminds me of a certain Joe in Dallas.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1