[PGT] Coilers at Canucks

Johnny

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

Dare I say it, but Bobby Orr is probably the best comparable for Hughes right now.

In terms of results and skating, yes, but not the same style.  Orr was a physical force whereas Quinn is all smarts.  Makar is closer to Orr stylistically but not the same level of dominance. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

wow.. Been admiring McDavid and defending the Oilers.. But what thugs on the ice. Can't take a loss, poor sportsmanship, think their team is special or something...? 

Still can't get over how much they were crying last night, Mcdavid is supposed to be one the leagues faces? Give me a break the guy is a huge baby.

• Vintage 3

39 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

I always try to see the best in everyone and every situation. Understand why and where the mood is coming from.

But the Oilers today…

Both McDavid and Draisaitl looked so entitled and diva all the way. That team is a mess. It has been for years but I don’t think they can come back from this. And the leadership group… McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane and Nurse. Way too much ego and entitlement for them to fix this and get the team behind them. And with the coach being even more of an issue - it will not end well.

btw, brilliant game again guys,

Go Canucks Go

Have to completely agree here. It’s actually astonishing how much ego/entitlement they have. Obviously McDavid is a great player but I just cannot stand his personality or the way he acts on the ice. Crosby has had his moments too, but Connor will never get the respect I have for someone like Crosby.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I never watched Bobby Orr play live.  But I did watch Paul Coffey play live his entire career.  Quinn Hughes is at Paul Coffey's level right now...

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Dare I say it, but Bobby Orr is probably the best comparable for Hughes right now.

homerun.gif.7eb344345bed83259caff7d59e651209.gif

• Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Have to completely agree here. It’s actually astonishing how much ego/entitlement they have. Obviously McDavid is a great player but I just cannot stand his personality or the way he acts on the ice. Crosby has had his moments too, but Connor will never get the respect I have for someone like Crosby.

McD is going to demand to see the manager soon

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Quinn Hughes is a super star Dman.

Never thought we'd have one of those. Been wanting one for decades. 

That's a small body 

Lol Burke is such a dinosaur. 

To be honest, I didn't think Quinn would be this good. I thought he'd be a perrenial all star but not in a conversation with hockey's greats like Orr, Coffee etc. This is unreal 

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If you saw Led Zeppelin and the original Who line-up live, then yes, yes you are very fortunate. 

Zeppelin 17-7-77 Kingdome

Who 14-5-80 Pacific Coliseum: Keith was gone by then. 
They ran a lottery for tickets to the Who show as demand was so great. Never forget grabbing the Vancouver Sun and finding my name listed for 4 tickets. $12.50 each. I have my stub and one pristine ticket as we only used 3 of the 4. No festival seating after what happened in Cincinnati. 

IMG_8962.thumb.jpeg.b37cf953ebc3a9cd8c6baa425022b2d2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1