[PGT] Coilers at Canucks

Johnny

4 minutes ago, mikey said:

Campbell is on waivers. Now it's time to trade desmith and Garland for a 1st

I would rather they sink further lol

If Oils go full rebuild though, I would try to pry Ekholm out of there. If Oils were smart they'd unload him now sooner than later. Guy is 33 already and has 2 years left after this season.  Don't know how fast he will regress.  If he can  maintain play at a high level, he actually fits our timeline quite well

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Was at the game last night....thought we were in trouble for the first 12min first period but the boys made good on their opportunities. 

I think this was the best live game I have watched in the past 10yrs lol!!! 

I didn't think they actually played all that way and in a way that made it sweeter.  The oilers completely self destructed all on their own and it was very satisfying to watch 

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Agree on coaching being a big factor, and being aligned with the management.   Sedins and others are playing a bigger role too.   

We can also speculate if loss of Bo, OEL were addition by subtraction.   Cultural change starts from the top (Prez and GM), but team captain makes a difference too.  QH, EP, JT and Demko all stepped up.  

In general the pro scouting seems to be leaps and bounds above where it was when Benning was in charge as well. Most of the additions management has made to the roster since taking over have fit right in. Sure, it's not a 100% success rate, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was. I think I can count on one hand the number of additions to the roster Benning made that made a significant positive impact on the team. Hell, for all of the bitching we do about Tyler Myers he's still one of Benning's better free agent signings lol. That speaks to the level of ineptitude our pro scouting was under that doofus.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I didn't think they actually played all that way and in a way that made it sweeter.  The oilers completely self destructed all on their own and it was very satisfying to watch 

Miller vs McDavid was the reason for their self destruction. Miller completely owned him. So satifying that it was Millsy scoring the PP goal.

Its funny reading some Oiler fans' comments complaining about officiating. Like what is there to complain about? I honestly felt like the refs tried to keep it close for the Oilers and when the dam burst and Canucks kept scoring, they realized there would be no game management and then started calling things again. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Really ? Toch said that ? About Myers ?

no, he didnt say that.... “I think he’s been unreal… he’s been one of the best players the last few games. I’m proud of him.”

Toch actually said “I think he’s been unreal… he’s been one of the best players the last 5, actually 6 games. I’m proud of him.”

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

sorry, would  NEVER want E Kane on this team. 

Yah- that used to be  me, as well.

However I have to give the guy credit, he seems to have turned his life around from trainwreck to ok dude.

A period of years have gone by without  him being a jackass.

Without allowing for redemption, no one will ever have cause to re deem.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Potentially can win all three games. 

Both Leafs and Habs will be on a back to back when they face Nux, even though Nux will be back to back vs them.   

After the Philly game, our team has anwered the bell every game.

It was crazy to listen to RT talking about how he didnt have to say anything last night and the team was pissed off for not being ready

• ThereItIs 1