[PGT] Coilers at Canucks

Johnny

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Fair point, however....

You have a Canadian team, that is doing well, and on hockey central it sounds like its from Russia...

Maybe show them a bit respect... 

When I hear the Canucks feed, they normally tip their hat to the opposition, if they get done... 

I just thought it was weird...

Thats the worst thing about Shorthouse, tipping the hat to the other team? He likes to drone on about the McDavids and the Matthews,  it sounds like he is a boston fan, a toronto fan.....TO BE FAIRE  he has been a bit better this season.

He is starting to sound like a canucks fan again.

However, the color guy last night was the best.... I dont know who the other guy they have been putting up with....

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

Just gonna slide this in for discussion.

Friends don’t let friends get ahead of themselves and make a video like that. 
If these guys want to see a Cup in E town, then maybe the Oil should drop down to the ECHL and compete for the Kelly Cup. 

IMG_3411.gif

4 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

I live in ottawa , breathing Canucks.

This forum allows me the opportunity (like a family) to keep up on opinions on our team. Not threw Tsn ,sportsnet or any other inquiries .

So, do Ottawa fans generally like the Canucks, or have a hate on for them?

Are you going to the game?  (Sorry, too lazy to look back through the thread.)

This must be the highlight of the season for you.  Cheers!

18 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

So, do Ottawa fans generally like the Canucks, or have a hate on for them?

Are you going to the game?  (Sorry, too lazy to look back through the thread.)

This must be the highlight of the season for you.  Cheers!

Yes it is

7 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

You are right, I mean how many years did we see Detroit walk in here as a well oiled machine from puck drop to the end buzzer. But even the top teams have one offs or weak moments where areas of their team keep them in it when needed. It is not ideal and certainly not a trend or indication of any bad habits the team is falling back on in last night's case. And people really need to stop using the argument that a team relies on their netminder too heavily at moments during games, because last I checked goaltenders are part of the team, the one player that is on the ice throughout for the most part and you can't apologize for having a good goaltender or disregard their importance overall.

Dominik Hasek was on some pretty good teams, he was the straw that stirred the drink on his teams, he was relied upon heavily and gave his teams a chance to win. On the flip side, Ed Belfour was great but he was very insulated on well defended and structured teams in Dallas. Yes he could make big saves but he was very protected in that team's system which was very successful as well.

Good points bro…

I agree with what you are saying 

All of the best teams had very good goal tending case in point - the Montréal Canadiens in the 70s with their run of 4 cups  had Dryden - Name one team to ever win the Stanley Cup with a crappy goaltender - you can’t name one… You gotta have a good goalie - very true…

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

Yah- that used to be  me, as well.

However I have to give the guy credit, he seems to have turned his life around from trainwreck to ok dude.

A period of years have gone by without  him being a jackass.

Without allowing for redemption, no one will ever have cause to re deem.

I dont think you understand how hard is to find good back up goalie.Edmonton doesn't ring in your head?And for what?Forward,and you are short on blue line still.

5 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

I dont think you understand how hard is to find good back up goalie.Edmonton doesn't ring in your head?And for what?Forward,and you are short on blue line still.

For what?

A power forward and a likely top 3 first round pick, thought I'd already said that.

right, still short a d man- but maybe, even though  you do one trade, you might still be allowed to do another.?