[Waivers] Jack Campbell

49 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If I were Oilers GM, I'd pay to move out Campbell (picks/prospects).  It's obvious their window is now with McDavid and Draisatl. 

I'd also move RNH.  He's not really an ideal 3C.  He's more of a 2C, or maybe even 1C on some teams.  Spending 3M on a solid defensive 3C would save them $2M from RNH's contract, and then paying to move out Campbell would save another $5M. 

Campbell to whoever would take him for a 1st and Broberg

RNH++ to Calgary for Lindholm and Tanev

Then I'd say EDM looks much more dangerous overall.

I was thinking about Lindholm earlier, I question whether he'd have any interest signing in Edmonton. If he doesn't such an acquisition makes no sense. Tanev makes a lot of sense but he'd also need an extension. 

RNH could be a good piece to move, but it'd limit Edmonton's ability to stack both McDavid and Draistaitl together, which makes me think trying to move a winger is more likely. Having always been an Oiler I also question whether RNH would waive his NMC for Calgary. 

They don't have any easy moves as the players who hold value also have control of their destination, or whether there even is a potential destination. 

A more defensive minded 2C would be a good start though, assuming they could find such a piece. I generally look at Nuge as being a 2C, although I think Edmonton tend to flip back and forth between him and Draisaitl being 2C. 

Oil are really limited in what they can do because of clauses, if they'd built their roster properly they'd be in a position where they could be looking for pieces to put them over the top but it looks like they may have to move pieces to simply overhaul their roster. 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I was thinking about Lindholm earlier, I question whether he'd have any interest signing in Edmonton. If he doesn't such an acquisition makes no sense. Tanev makes a lot of sense but he'd also need an extension. 

RNH could be a good piece to move, but it'd limit Edmonton's ability to stack both McDavid and Draistaitl together, which makes me think trying to move a winger is more likely. Having always been an Oiler I also question whether RNH would waive his NMC for Calgary. 

They don't have any easy moves as the players who hold value also have control of their destination, or whether there even is a potential destination. 

A more defensive minded 2C would be a good start though, assuming they could find such a piece. I generally look at Nuge as being a 2C, although I think Edmonton tend to flip back and forth between him and Draisaitl being 2C. 

Oil are really limited in what they can do because of clauses, if they'd built their roster properly they'd be in a position where they could be looking for pieces to put them over the top but it looks like they may have to move pieces to simply overhaul their roster. 

Yeah no kidding.  They handed out NMCs like candy, now they're stuck with no way to revamp the roster.  Literally all their main pieces:  McDavid, Draisatl, RNH, Hyman, Kane, and Nurse all with NMCs.  How on Earth can they even make a move? 

They need to face reality, they're stuck with that group, so they better build a helluva strong supporting cast starting with a bonafide top tier defensive defenceman. 

The best thing that could happen to them right now is if Draisatl or McDavid ask for a trade lol

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah no kidding.  They handed out NMCs like candy, now they're stuck with no way to revamp the roster.  Literally all their main pieces:  McDavid, Draisatl, RNH, Hyman, Kane, and Nurse all with NMCs.  How on Earth can they even make a move? 

They need to face reality, they're stuck with that group, so they better build a helluva strong supporting cast starting with a bonafide top tier defensive defenceman. 

The best thing that could happen to them right now is if Draisatl or McDavid ask for a trade lol

I'm not convinced Draisaitl will extend if they don't figure things out sooner than later, and if he goes I reckon McDavid might too

It may be too late to salvage this season but they need to address being competitive next season, they should be in their window but it could all come crashing down very quickly 

50 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not convinced Draisaitl will extend if they don't figure things out sooner than later, and if he goes I reckon McDavid might too

It may be too late to salvage this season but they need to address being competitive next season, they should be in their window but it could all come crashing down very quickly 

image.gif.1c72dcd8a9d18807133ad0a21c22fc26.gif

Draisaitl right now. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

image.gif.1c72dcd8a9d18807133ad0a21c22fc26.gif

Draisaitl right now. 

Just turned 28, 29 during his last year of his contract. If he walks to UFA he'd be the best UFA forward to hit UFA since Panarin. Likely the best center in god who knows how long, he'd have no shortage of interest. 

I think the Oil should be legitimately considered about the possibility of him opting to explore his options. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Just turned 28, 29 during his last year of his contract. If he walks to UFA he'd be the best UFA forward to hit UFA since Panarin. Likely the best center in god who knows how long, he'd have no shortage of interest. 

I think the Oil should be legitimately considered about the possibility of him opting to explore his options. 

Absolutely agree. 

The FA market wouldn’t know what to do with itself. 

The likes of Draisaitl on the open market is like Christmas wrapped in all

your birthdays, with a New Year’s kicker. 

If he leaves, the Oilers will implode and then be blown up. 

McDavid and Draisaitl are the top tiers holding their hopes together. 

Although, I would LOVE to have Ryan back in BC. That guy is still Uber talented and a gamer. It would be NUGE!!! 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Absolutely agree. 

The FA market wouldn’t know what to do with itself. 

The likes of Draisaitl on the open market is like Christmas wrapped in all

your birthdays, with a New Year’s kicker. 

If he leaves, the Oilers will implode and then be blown up. 

McDavid and Draisaitl are the top tiers holding their hopes together. 

Although, I would LOVE to have Ryan back in BC. That guy is still Uber talented and a gamer. It would be NUGE!!! 

It'd be neat to see him with someone like Miller or Boeser, he's certainly got top end talent 

He's on a sweetheart deal with the Oil though, but never say never 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It'd be neat to see him with someone like Miller or Boeser, he's certainly got top end talent 

He's on a sweetheart deal with the Oil though, but never say never 

If only. BC boy back on the Nucks. 

Nuge doesn’t owe the Oilers anything more than he’s already given. 

Come home RNH!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

What an absolutely sick top 6 the Nucks would have if RNH was part of it. 

I know I’m dreaming, but please don’t wake me up. 

RNH only makes a little bit more than Garland.  That is insane.

Garland + 1st + prospect for RNH.

EDM needs to blow it up and get as many draft picks and prospects they can get.

Let’s go!!!!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, BPA said:

RNH only makes a little bit more than Garland.  That is insane.

Garland + 1st + prospect for RNH.

EDM needs to blow it up and get as many draft picks and prospects they can get.

Let’s go!!!!

What have 1st Rounders ever done for the Oilers? It sure looks like they are battling SJ for #1 this year. I respect Nuge's game a lot but what phsyco baggage would he bring with him. IMHO Van has more to gain by promoting cheaper and hungrier contracts from within.