[Trade] Calen Addison to the SJ Sharks

15 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

Turn out, it was for more than just the pick...

Looking up Raska, it's hard to see him with much potential. He's a winger, but 0 points in 8 NHL games and 0 points in 7 AHL games this year. On pace for about 20 AHL points a year in the prior two years. Maybe he has immaculate defense, because it's surprising that he earned an NHL stint with those numbers.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dare I say, Beau could help them too?

Probably, but more than likely we'd still have to pay for the favour of their taking on his cap hit

He's a pending UFA and they're likely in the mix for a first overall pick, they should be looking to charge for taking on any neutral or negative cap

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, Coconuts said:

Probably, but more than likely we'd still have to pay for the favour of their taking on his cap hit

I'd be fine with that if it was for a later round pick or b-prospect. If we can bank cap space for the TDL it would be well worth it.

Or maybe Beau, Woo and they give us a 4th?

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be fine with that if it was for a later round pick or b-prospect. If we can bank cap space for the TDL it would be well worth it.

I don't see that package having much value, and we'd likely have to give up something good to dump 4.15M worth of cap space. I don't see Woo as having much value in a trade, he's off to a better start in Abbotsford this year but eh. Sharks just got a similarly aged RD who put up 29 points in 62 games at the NHL level last season for a 5th and a plug, I reckon Woo is worth less. Cap space is still valued at a premium, which is probably why we've had a tough time opening up more of it thus far. 

I do think Beauvillier should be easier to move than Garland due to his being a pending UFA though but I could still see the ask being like a 2nd. 

Edited by Coconuts

46 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Looking up Raska, it's hard to see him with much potential. He's a winger, but 0 points in 8 NHL games and 0 points in 7 AHL games this year. On pace for about 20 AHL points a year in the prior two years. Maybe he has immaculate defense, because it's surprising that he earned an NHL stint with those numbers.

He was probably included to keep the contract count even.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

dont think woo is worth anything on the trade market, every team has like 3-5 of his caliber prospect in their pipeline

• Upvote 1

I think Minni is just clearing a contract space.  They already have 5LD besides Addison and since

Spurgeon went down, they have Fabro as the only RD.

Raska will go to their AHL team, which frees up room to add another RD.

As far as the Canucks go, they really don't need an offensive LD that doesn't play the much defence.

Right now, they have Hughes, Soucy and Cole (with Freidman left playing right d) and it is working

well for them. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

Doesn't SJ have one RD prospect on their 50 man roster?

they have like 5 RD prospects including some pretty good ones in their system

again, guys like woo are available on waivers all the time, my point stands, he has no trade value

Just now, Bob Long said:

I see one non-roster RD on capfriendly.

whether the prospects have received an ELC yet or not is meaningless

Havelid, Fisher, Landen, Pohlkamp, Barnett all RD in their system between ages 18-20

Woo is 23 and has yet to give any indication that he can be an NHL defenseman, despite being depth behind one of the worst Defense corps in the league (until this year)

• Vintage 1