[Trade] Calen Addison to the SJ Sharks

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Looking up Raska, it's hard to see him with much potential. He's a winger, but 0 points in 8 NHL games and 0 points in 7 AHL games this year. On pace for about 20 AHL points a year in the prior two years. Maybe he has immaculate defense, because it's surprising that he earned an NHL stint with those numbers.

He's a high energy 4th line banger type. He just goes overboard sometimes. I could see him getting another shot if Minnesota is looking for a 4th line energy player.

59 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

He's a high energy 4th line banger type. He just goes overboard sometimes. I could see him getting another shot if Minnesota is looking for a 4th line energy player.

Minnesota gained potential grinding depth.

In their future plans or not, to move Addison for a late pick and possible depth bottom of the lineup forward makes no sense as a fan seeing this.

Minnesota just extremely poorly managed an asset. A right handed NHL defenseman. NHL defenseman who has top four potential who brings offense and PP quarterback ability.

Poor return for Minnesota, making a secondary deal to bring in Bogosian while a veteran, he is sliding in terms of reliable minutes.

If I was a Wild fan, I'd be less than impressed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Minnesota gained potential grinding depth.

In their future plans or not, to move Addison for a late pick and possible depth bottom of the lineup forward makes no sense as a fan seeing this.

Minnesota just extremely poorly managed an asset. A right handed NHL defenseman. NHL defenseman who has top four potential who brings offense and PP quarterback ability.

Poor return for Minnesota, making a secondary deal to bring in Bogosian while a veteran, he is sliding in terms of reliable minutes.

If I was a Wild fan, I'd be less than impressed.

Minnesota gained addition via subtraction.  Addison is a massive defensive liability and is well on his way to being another Pouliot/Hunt/Del Zotto/Larsen.  Like Rathbone, he's unlikely to ever learn how to play in his own zone at an acceptable standard.

38 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Minnesota gained addition via subtraction.  Addison is a massive defensive liability and is well on his way to being another Pouliot/Hunt/Del Zotto/Larsen.  Like Rathbone, he's unlikely to ever learn how to play in his own zone at an acceptable standard.

Minnesota moved a right shot NHL defenseman for a 5th rd pick and an AHLer. Its poor asset management.

Its not that Addison is a major liability in his own end, he was average on the defensive side of his game sure. His skating, passing, offensive ability and PP quarterback skillset should have been where the team placed him in a role to succeed.

The kid was touted as the next Spurgeon by Guerin and pressured to be all that, when he started to establish his NHL game as a 4/5 dman who plays PP minutes that was not good enough.

Its a poor assessment by Guerin and he put that pressure on the kid. What saves Guerin here is immediately bringing in Bogosian to play responsible defensive minutes and more importantly the others coming in like Faber to distract from the player they just lost.

You can't throw away right shot offensive dmen earning under a million on AAV. Sharks gain.

To your point, no he won't be a solid two-way or defense first defenseman but there is a spot in the NHL for him to be a successful offensive dman.