[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

3 minutes ago, Falcons said:

Top teams in the nhl this year 

Vegas , Canucks , LA , Boston , Rangers . Should be fun to watch and be a part of this race for Lord Stanley’s cup instead of just hoping to make the playoffs. 

We have the talent and coaching this year, so I think it mostly depends on injuries. If we can avoid critical injuries at the wrong time, we do look like contenders.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

What's in this room right now is huge.

These guys are playing as a team and for one another. Teams that have a bunch of individuals running around out there don't get it done.

I'm glad that the right decisions have been made in who stays/goes. What many viewed as JT's "abrasive" nature is straight shooting, sometimes tongue in cheek delivery like Bieksa. It's such a nice balance with Quinn, Petey, JT and Demko in place. They offset one another nicely. No egos getting in the way, just a strong will and determination to win. I see a lot of big brother/little brother stuff happening and it's awesome that they all 'get" each other at this point.

"That's what she said......." Sorry Deb, you walked into that one. 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

the Sens certainly handled the Laughers.....take note Nucks....they are fast on the transition....and just because they are on the back to back doesn't mean a thing...home ice...and riding high after beating leafs...Could be trouble....

One thing though, it's not an 'at home' back to back .... they flew in from Toronto late last night so won't be as well rested as they would have been had they played in Ottawa.  Not a long flight, but still, would have taken off well after midnight

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I'll be at the game too!

Back when I still lived in Ottawa I only went to Canuck games.  Last one was Petey's  first hat trick.  Dead crowd but lots of Canuck jerseys including a large Gudbranson contingent.  Have a great time:  nothing like taking over the other team's barn!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Going to the game tonight!    Got out an old t-shirt ... 92/93... fitting that the team has the same vibes.     Sens arena has great sight lines.    And a homey feel.    Worth the drive and the overnight.   Haven't been this excited to watch a Canucks game live since EPs rookie season (live in MTL...stupid too many vowels and his accidental BS way out of the play) ... Got to watch JT Miller live, one of Greens last games, go through their entire team and score a goal.    Hope for a lot of that!    Also looking forward to the "go Canucks go!" crowd... usually 30-40 of them all together.  

image.jpg

You made my morning, happy for you.

GCG

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'll be drivng back from Vic to mid island during this game.

Kinda stoked to listen to it on the radio as I take in our lovely island. 

Go Nucks!

I’ve done that drive listening to the game a few times. Makes the drive very enjoyable!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Whorvat said:

I'm a massive Linden fan, always have been, have 2x of his jerseys... but holy hell shut your damn mouth

This team is off to the best start in franchise history, why is he even talking?

This team is LEGIT, let them rock and roll without that bullshit negativity

I'm a massive Trevor Linden fan too, i.e. #16 Captain of the Vancouver Canucks.

He was massively out of his league as President and should not have accepted the position.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Back when I still lived in Ottawa I only went to Canuck games.  Last one was Petey's  first hat trick.  Dead crowd but lots of Canuck jerseys including a large Gudbranson contingent.  Have a great time:  nothing like taking over the other team's barn!

Thank you! I'm really excited! First Canucks road game for me. Any tips on what to do at the arena or anything?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

I have a pretty reliable source that’s connected to the oilers. Years ago I mentioned who it was but he told me not to talk about any of this, so I don’t want to get him in trouble. The other day we were talking about how the canucks and oilers started going in opposite directs. He said the biggest thing right now is the oilers wives aren’t getting along and it’s causing friction between the players. So much so that they’ve had meetings about it. He said they rarely hang out together or even talk. Mcdavid keeps to himself and that kinda transfers over to the players on and off the ice. This kinda plays into the opposite of what you’re saying. 

The Captain goes further than the rink. He is the guy that brings everyone together. I think Hughes plays a big part in this. I hate to say it, but I think Horvat leaving changed the dynamic of our room. I think Hughes is better at bringing everyone together. It’s just like a workforce. When the people you work with get along you get so much more done. When you all hate each other it’s a constant battle within the battle. 

Agree. Hughes is also way smarter than Horvat. 

Horvat was gifted the C, while Hughes commands respect.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Thank you! I'm really excited! First Canucks road game for me. Any tips on what to do at the arena or anything?

Annoy you neighbors with constant "Let's go Petey" and "Attaboy Huggy" chants (the more stentorian, the better)

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

That Linden was unexperianced is probably right but as you might have heard he put his foot down the year after OJ. Wich means he learnt a lesson and reacted upon that.

So if Benning made the final decision about OJ and Petey? It's just a formality since all the background checks is done by the scouts.

Benning is the one that decides wich kind of player he will choose is best for the organisation. Here I wonder why he was after a LHD...

My point was just that Linden was President of hockey operations.... If he felt, Benning didn't follow the laid out plan, it was Lindens job to stop him. 

As POH he is Bennings Boss... If Benning broke protocol and didn';t follow what was agreed, he should have been sacked at that point. Otherwise Linden was just a figurehead....

This is not about, whether I like Linden or not... Linden is always going to be a hero at this club for what he did as a player.

But if Benning really went against, what they had agreed upon, then he should have been sacked. It does suggest that Linden and Benning didn't see head to head, and obviously somebody had to pay the price, which likely was the reason Linden left.

Benning was running the entire operation almost on his own at the end, and that is simply not possible...  

Its like the captain of the ship explaining, he thought the mate was running the ship aground, but now he has made sure it won't happen again... That is all very good, but unfortunately there is now a hole in the bottom of the vessel. 

I'm sure the owners would say to the captain, he should have stopped the mate, before. he ran the ship aground... 

The mate may not be sacked, but it gives the taste of a rudderless ship, or at least a weak chain of command.

Hence I've always stated Linden should not have been POH in the first place, it was unfair to him and it was unfair to Benning. The two persons in the top should be totally aligned, and any disagreements should be kept behind closed doors....forever.

• ThereItIs 2

40 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I go once a year every year for the Canucks game in Ottawa and the nucks fans generally outnumber the hometown fans. I think that once a year novelty plays a big factor in that. 

I work in tourism in Ottawa so attend a fair number of Sens games for work events but not sure I would ever pay for one. Maybe if they get their shit together with a downtown arena instead of one in the middle of nowhere I could muster up a bit more enthusiasm to support them. 

Despite being an Ontario lad, I have cheered for the Canucks like a masochistic lunatic since the early 90s and rarely ever miss a game, so there is no doubt who I will be cheering for tonight, or where my loyalties lie.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

it may only be MY opinion but,

I get the sense that McD has been told since he was a youngster that he was ' the best player ever' . It has gotten into his brain as the truth and he thinks that he is entitled to automatically win everything, that he doesn't have to work for anything. 

He forgets that this is a team game. He's only in it for the individual glory. Until he comes to grips with the fact that the team comes first, he'll never win anything other than individual awards. 

He should never have been made captain. The best player on the team does not necessarily make the best captain. 

If Drai was the captain, pissy as he is, then McD could just concentrate on the game instead of having to deal with the media, etc. 

That's just my opinion, though....glean from it what you will. 

9 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

No big suggestions other than to reach out to other Canuck fans in the arena.  It's a bonding experience!  Kanata is about as suburban as it gets so not a lot of suggestions about what to do there. 

• Thanks 1