[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

6 minutes ago, Odd. said:

This is everything. Fuck you Benning.

Wall likes that picture because he’s in the background. 

And why cuss out Benning? He literally gave credit to Delorme and the scouts years ago.  He’s never tried to take credit for Petey - always given it to his team.  

For Linden to try and cut him out years later over sour grapes is a bitch move. 

• Cheers 1

Linden saying he wasn't happy with the way it went forward in 2016, when they drafted OJ.... so why the hell did he not react then? He was the President for god sake, not just a hotdog vendor...

And to say if Benning had his way, we might not have had Pettersson, so Benning did listen to his scouts after all?

Benning never took credit for the Pettersson pick, but with fans always saying he didn't listen to his scouts, he obviously did...

What this story tells more than anything, was the disharmony at the top of club, when Benning was in charge. 

Benning needed an experienced President to help him out... not an old hero, with no managerial experience, who seemingly didn't see eye to eye with Benning. 

Linden washing his hands on air doesn't sound good... to me at least. 

But at least now we know.... as for Judd Brackett.... it remains to be seen, if Benning really let go of a draft guru or not. 

PS. More than anything it also shows how lucky we are to have JR/PA running the show just now. 
Total alignment from top to bottom...

Owners - POH - GM - Coach - Ass Coahes - Players...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Linden saying he wasn't happy with the way it went forward in 2016, when they drafted OJ.... so why the hell did he not react then? He was the President for god sake, not just a hotdog vendor...

And to say if Benning had his way, we might not have had Pettersson, so Benning did listen to his scouts after all?

Benning never took credit for the Pettersson pick, but with fans always saying he didn't listen to his scouts, he obviously did...

What this story tells more than anything, was the disharmony at the top of club, when Benning was in charge. 

Benning needed an experienced President to help him out... not an old hero, with no managerial experience, who seemingly didn't see eye to eye with Benning. 

But at least now we know.... as for Judd Brackett.... it remains to be seen, if Benning really let go of a draft guru or not. 

You can also say we needed an experienced GM and/or experienced NHL head coach.  Instead we had a rookie President, rookie GM and rookie head coach.  That's on Frankie.

When John Weisbrod is the most experienced guy in the room, you know there's a problem.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Cheers amigo. Likewise 👍

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Cheers brother. You're a great fan. Always appreciate your comments.

Look at us! Look what winning can do!! Makes more of a fun read than the bitching and arguing!!

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

• Haha 4

Just now, Dr.BRR said:

Look at us! Look what winning can do!! Makes more of a fun read than the bitching and arguing!!

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

Bro-mances are real things 😂😂

Yes winning is great amigo. 

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

You can also say we needed an experienced GM and/or experienced NHL head coach.  Instead we had a rookie President, rookie GM and rookie head coach.  That's on Frankie.

When John Weisbrod is the most experienced guy in the room, you know there's a problem.

Agree 100%

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, spook007 said:

PS. More than anything it also shows how lucky we are to have JR/PA running the show just now. 

H5NXdDe.gif

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Wall likes that picture because he’s in the background. 

And why cuss out Benning? He literally gave credit to Delorme and the scouts years ago.  He’s never tried to take credit for Petey - always given it to his team.  

For Linden to try and cut him out years later over sour grapes is a bitch move. 

Yeah kind of shocked and stunned that Linden would do that I guess there’s a bit of a wound there…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah kind of shocked and stunned that Linden would do that I guess there’s a bit of a wound there…

I think the media should take a bit of a hit there for asking the question, too.

We’re on an amazing start and they’re dredging up old nonsense that doesn’t even matter anymore. 

I’ve seen media members in the past say they focus on the negative because that’s all there is.

Well no excuse for it right now - and here they go again.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

What I really want to know is why the NHL preview of the game says Nov 8, when the Sens beat the Leavers. And why I cant put my $20 on the Canucks winning on the road against the Sens on the Lottery app PROLINE.

They list every game except the nucks.

They figured out we keep stealing money betting on the nucks?

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I think the media should take a bit of a hit there for asking the question, too.

We’re on an amazing start and they’re dredging up old nonsense that doesn’t even matter anymore. 

I’ve seen media members in the past say they focus on the negative because that’s all there is.

Yeah apparently bad news sells more than good news… The human condition is a head scratcher my friend… A real head scratcher…

confused sci-fi GIF by RiffTrax

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 3

53 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Do you really believe Linden has said everything? 
Here he just said that management with Benning didn't listen to the scouts.

So he as President acted so the scouts got more influence the year Petey was drafted.

And since it was the scouts that drafted Petey we don't give credit to Benning for that... Yes? 

So what has Benning done then as a GM if we take away the drafted players? 

31 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I am gonna be at work for this game. I hope we lose. If I can't watch, nobody should be happy.

Yeah, it's like when my golf club is closed to members for a private event. - I pray for rain !

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Well, when we're winning, the media look like fools because it proves their negativity wrong. They then need to manufacture negativity and controversy to stir the pot. That Suter article last week was evidence, which backfired. 

When the team loses, it proves their negativity right. When the team wins, they don't know what to do. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

I’ll remind you that there is no I in team. 

I hope someone steals your lunch. 

There is an M and an E though 👿

But on a serious note, I hope we absolutely smack the Sens. Boeser hatty, calling it now. He going for 60. I can feel it in me bones.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sxqhfeh said:

linden is speculating what would have happened... maybe he's right... you and so many others are telling a story that JB had to be overruled and the evidence is in the draft table video which it is clearly not.

i don't think i am. I agree that persecuting jim benning in a court of law would not stand, and that is not happening here. i'm merely entertaining the thought that its possible. from my experience people tend to tell the truth over lying, so im leaning towards this being true.