[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

52 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Do you really believe Linden has said everything? 
Here he just said that management with Benning didn't listen to the scouts.

So he as President acted so the scouts got more influence the year Petey was drafted.

And since it was the scouts that drafted Petey we don't give credit to Benning for that... Yes? 

So what has Benning done then as a GM if we take away the drafted players? 

Well for starters we take away, that he did listen to his scouts....

I have zero idea, if Linden said everything. I am reacting to, what Linden did said. 
You are ahain speculating about what he didn't say. 
I'm saying Linden should have put his foot down, when they drafted OJ, if he thought Benning didn't follow the planned way. 

Can't have it both ways... 

In the end Benning was the GM that named both OJ and Petey as the Canucks picks, correct?

To me it says far more about a totally disfunctional management from the very top and down. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, The Duke said:

Wall likes that picture because he’s in the background. 

And why cuss out Benning? He literally gave credit to Delorme and the scouts years ago.  He’s never tried to take credit for Petey - always given it to his team.  

For Linden to try and cut him out years later over sour grapes is a bitch move. 

i agree linden should have kept his mouth shut...

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, LillStrimma said:

Do you really believe Linden has said everything? 
Here he just said that management with Benning didn't listen to the scouts.

So he as President acted so the scouts got more influence the year Petey was drafted.

And since it was the scouts that drafted Petey we don't give credit to Benning for that... Yes? 

So what has Benning done then as a GM if we take away the drafted players? 

no we can give him credit for holding a bad draft meeting heading up to the 2016 draft (according to linden) that lead us to pick Juolevi...

• Cheers 1

Rainy cold wednesday in mid november.....and im feeling so giddy inside because the nucks are playing....and we are GOOD! thats why it feels real good and ur lookin forward to every game in such a refreshing way. 

Sens back to back and we are on a ROLL....i dont think its gonna be easy though....Sens are uneven so theres no sure way saying they will suck or not...we are in the driveers seat though....lets keep things going and get another big fat W....

nucks win 5-2.... Caribbean Streak GIF by Party Island Curacao

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Well for starters we take away, that he did listen to his scouts....

I have zero idea, if Linden said everything. I am reacting to, what Linden did said. 
You are ahain speculating about what he didn't say. 
I'm saying Linden should have put his foot down, when they drafted OJ, if he thought Benning didn't follow the planned way. 

Can't have it both ways... 

In the end Benning was the GM that named both OJ and Petey as the Canucks picks, correct?

To me it says far more about a totally disfunctional management from the very top and down. 

That Linden was unexperianced is probably right but as you might have heard he put his foot down the year after OJ. Wich means he learnt a lesson and reacted upon that.

So if Benning made the final decision about OJ and Petey? It's just a formality since all the background checks is done by the scouts.

Benning is the one that decides wich kind of player he will choose is best for the organisation. Here I wonder why he was after a LHD...

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Just listened to the entire interview.  Media spinned it.  Linden didn't sound like he was slamming JB at all.  Spoke about 2016 draft (OJ) where the process wasn't good and pushed for Judd to play a bigger role in 2017 and to make the pick.  Said the scouts pushed for EP, and if JB had his choice would have taken a different player.  Obviously JB did sign off on it by draft day.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/canucks-central/trevor-linden-on-the-cores-maturation-and-his-time-in-the-front-office/

Linden has always been pretty balanced. As Pres he saw a need for a org approach rather than one individual dominating. Linden is still #1 all time Canuck and won't be replaced until the team win's a CUP. 🙂 

I am expecting another win tonight. 4 - 3. The bottom 6 have to continue their solid play. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Slegr said:

Linden was a great player. I’m not a fan of his management abilities. It’s unfortunate that the failed experiment has resulted in the toxicity that remains, and too bad Linden feels he needs to publicly belittle the fired GM whom he didn’t align with. It was nice to see Linden show up to honour Hughes’ captaincy, but I hope he keeps his commentary like this out of the public domain. It just doesn’t help.

I disagree, this kinda thing entertains me and that’s really all that matters. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

He had no eye for talent. And to him our prospects were an afterthought. 

Liked the Hughes pick where others did not.   Also got a ton of flak for JT Miller who's making a legacy right now.   And on the flip side ... OEL and LE.   Wow.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm a massive Linden fan, always have been, have 2x of his jerseys... but holy hell shut your damn mouth

This team is off to the best start in franchise history, why is he even talking?

This team is LEGIT, let them rock and roll without that bullshit negativity

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

i agree linden should have kept his mouth shut...

Nothing wrong with a little transparency.    A lot of fans were seriously disappointed in the way Liden was treated by ownership and management.   A deflector shield.   

• Cheers 4

6 hours ago, The Duke said:

I think the media should take a bit of a hit there for asking the question, too.

We’re on an amazing start and they’re dredging up old nonsense that doesn’t even matter anymore. 

I’ve seen media members in the past say they focus on the negative because that’s all there is.

Well no excuse for it right now - and here they go again.

Yes Linden isn't making up the questions.   He answered it respectfully and honestly.   We should just move on, hope one day, Linden comes back when he's not a deflector shield.    Also as far as inexperience goes, he was the players choice to lead them in the NHLPA.    And look at what's gone on the past decade!   Yzerman, Sakic, Mike Grier, that little tiny guy in PHI.   Plus the NHL has a long tradition of former players moving to the management side.  Garth Snow.   Wilson in SJ...Benning, Quin, Robinson ... it's nothing new.     The only thing that bugged me about Linden at the time,  was that it felt like a PR move, and he was going to be set up for some very tough times (deflector shield time! Shields up!).    The team was going to pay the piper.   Not a coincidence. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I have a pretty reliable source that’s connected to the oilers. Years ago I mentioned who it was but he told me not to talk about any of this, so I don’t want to get him in trouble. The other day we were talking about how the canucks and oilers started going in opposite directs. He said the biggest thing right now is the oilers wives aren’t getting along and it’s causing friction between the players. So much so that they’ve had meetings about it. He said they rarely hang out together or even talk. Mcdavid keeps to himself and that kinda transfers over to the players on and off the ice. This kinda plays into the opposite of what you’re saying. 

The Captain goes further than the rink. He is the guy that brings everyone together. I think Hughes plays a big part in this. I hate to say it, but I think Horvat leaving changed the dynamic of our room. I think Hughes is better at bringing everyone together. It’s just like a workforce. When the people you work with get along you get so much more done. When you all hate each other it’s a constant battle within the battle. 

That's actually hilarious. 

Any contacts with the Flames? 

• ThereItIs 1