[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

I'm not good at photoshop, so here is a picture for someone to edit.

Put in the Canucks faces ie: petey, hughes, JT, Demko 

and the logo 

The Canucks ----- all for one, and one for all !!!

The-Three-Musketeers.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

My point was just that Linden was President of hockey operations.... If he felt, Benning didn't follow the laid out plan, it was Lindens job to stop him. 

As POH he is Bennings Boss... If Benning broke protocol and didn';t follow what was agreed, he should have been sacked at that point. Otherwise Linden was just a figurehead....

This is not about, whether I like Linden or not... Linden is always going to be a hero at this club for what he did as a player.

But if Benning really went against, what they had agreed upon, then he should have been sacked. It does suggest that Linden and Benning didn't see head to head, and obviously somebody had to pay the price, which likely was the reason Linden left.

Benning was running the entire operation almost on his own at the end, and that is simply not possible...  

Its like the captain of the ship explaining, he thought the mate was running the ship aground, but now he has made sure it won't happen again... That is all very good, but unfortunately there is now a hole in the bottom of the vessel. 

I'm sure the owners would say to the captain, he should have stopped the mate, before. he ran the ship aground... 

The mate may not be sacked, but it gives the taste of a rudderless ship, or at least a weak chain of command.

Hence I've always stated Linden should not have been POH in the first place, it was unfair to him and it was unfair to Benning. The two persons in the top should be totally aligned, and any disagreements should be kept behind closed doors....forever.

What I’ve heard of Benning is that he blames others for his shortcomings.

This mean that if he feels threatened by Linden he talks shit about Linden to Aquilini.

Linden might have been superb but since Benning is so Trumplike it’s impossible to work alongside him and if you critisice him it goes south.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

and the logo 

The-Three-Musketeers.jpg

bonus points id they change the cross to the Canucks logo

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

I go once a year every year for the Canucks game in Ottawa and the nucks fans generally outnumber the hometown fans. I think that once a year novelty plays a big factor in that. 

I work in tourism in Ottawa so attend a fair number of Sens games for work events but not sure I would ever pay for one. Maybe if they get their shit together with a downtown arena instead of one in the middle of nowhere I could muster up a bit more enthusiasm to support them. 

Despite being an Ontario lad, I have cheered for the Canucks like a masochistic lunatic since the early 90s and rarely ever miss a game, so there is no doubt who I will be cheering for tonight, or where my loyalties lie.

For sure there are many of us lurking in the woodwork all across the country.  My best "road" experiences were in Calgary during the 90s where Canuck fans were always present and vocal, but got a lot more pushback from the locals than in Ottawa.  I'm probably too old for than now!  Have a great time and do the side proud!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I agree. Linden held his tongue for a long time out of respect for the team.

But Benning's gone and he has every right to explain the "why's" in his departure. I don't think it'll be a big distraction to this team at all. They've really learned how to shut all the noise out.

Media as always is up to no good, trying to drag the Canucks down with stories like this.  This could easily be done in the summer interview, not when the Canucks is starting to do well.  Any type of distraction would be gone by the training camp with focus on the season. I have no respect to the media for a long time due to timing on how it's being delivered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Media as always is up to no good, trying to drag the Canucks down with stories like this.  This could easily be done in the summer interview, not when the Canucks is starting to do well.  Any type of distraction would be gone by the training camp with focus on the season. I have no respect to the media for a long time due to timing on how it's being delivered.

Didn't listen to it. But my first impression is media just stirring the pot. 

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Going to the game tonight!    Got out an old t-shirt ... 92/93... fitting that the team has the same vibes.     Sens arena has great sight lines.    And a homey feel.    Worth the drive and the overnight.   Haven't been this excited to watch a Canucks game live since EPs rookie season (live in MTL...stupid too many vowels and his accidental BS way out of the play) ... Got to watch JT Miller live, one of Greens last games, go through their entire team and score a goal.    Hope for a lot of that!    Also looking forward to the "go Canucks go!" crowd... usually 30-40 of them all together.  

image.jpg

My kids are taking me for my Bday. We'll be cheering loud and proud for the Nucks. Such a friendly atmosphere there but I look forward to a down town arena. GCG

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

and the logo 

The-Three-Musketeers.jpg

Lol!  I could just imagine... The behind the scenes with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland!  Debachery!!!!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

and the logo 

The-Three-Musketeers.jpg

Petey, Miller, QHs, Demko left to right for sure!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Lol!  I could just imagine... The behind the scenes with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland!  Debachery!!!!

Some folks, have iron lungs and livers and need to send their stuff in for science once they give up the ghost for sure! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I really think Desmith should get 2 of these three games give Demmer a rest because of this

Yep and because the second half of the season is a long long ways from here.   Tochett said he's going to...I'd be surprised if Demko plays tonight. 

28 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

I go once a year every year for the Canucks game in Ottawa and the nucks fans generally outnumber the hometown fans. I think that once a year novelty plays a big factor in that. 

I work in tourism in Ottawa so attend a fair number of Sens games for work events but not sure I would ever pay for one. Maybe if they get their shit together with a downtown arena instead of one in the middle of nowhere I could muster up a bit more enthusiasm to support them. 

Despite being an Ontario lad, I have cheered for the Canucks like a masochistic lunatic since the early 90s and rarely ever miss a game, so there is no doubt who I will be cheering for tonight, or where my loyalties lie.

Ya it's nice to see so many Nuck fans in the Outaouais region. It's too long a drive from Gatineau s0 I look forward to not having to drive to games. Hopefully it happens soon and hopefully Pettey gets another hat trick...

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Falcons said:

Top teams in the nhl this year 

Vegas , Canucks , LA , Boston , Rangers . Should be fun to watch and be a part of this race for Lord Stanley’s cup instead of just hoping to make the playoffs. 

If the standings stays this way or remain similar, Pacific Division will have 3 of the top 5 teams in the league, but also have 3 of the worst teams in the league.

27 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

No big suggestions other than to reach out to other Canuck fans in the arena.  It's a bonding experience!  Kanata is about as suburban as it gets so not a lot of suggestions about what to do there. 

Before the game I like the resto bar at the Rink. I arrive early and relax with beverage and food, sometimes watch all or parts of the warm up (you can access from the Bar so take turns and keep your table). Decent atmosphere and many nucks jerseys. I leave before traffic so also spend some time a Cabellas [sp?] beforehand. GCGT

• Cheers 2