[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

We have to stop caring what the past regime/ players have to say. That weird nepotism caused problems. This current group seems to have figured it out (their draft ability will take time) but let's stop with the past. Look at Seattle and Las Vegas. No pasts to speak about, those orgs just go out and do their business. Like Tampa and Boston do as well. 

These media guys trying to throw water on this team of fire. 

yep, seems like an odd time to be calling out the past regime. Back then they didn’t want us know we hot they all on us. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

I'm a massive Trevor Linden fan too, i.e. #16 Captain of the Vancouver Canucks.

He was massively out of his league as President and should not have accepted the position.

I disagree with the out of his league statement. He was head of the NHLPA for quite a while. He played under both Quinn and Burke. He had better experience than Brendan Shannhan, unless he had experience that I'm unaware of. (Shanny's advantage is he played for Scotty Bowman) The issue I think is he didn't know how much of a control freak Benning was. And Benning was angling for the job. Linden just wanted to win, and keep everyone on the same vision. But the team is now all rowing together in unison. So full speed ahead!

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Whorvat said:

I'm a massive Linden fan, always have been, have 2x of his jerseys... but holy hell shut your damn mouth

This team is off to the best start in franchise history, why is he even talking?

This team is LEGIT, let them rock and roll without that bullshit negativity

This is true.

We should all get back on track. And continue as we were. Let's leave that off ice history stuff for next summer. Let's all stay on course..

26 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

We have to stop caring what the past regime/ players have to say. That weird nepotism caused problems. This current group seems to have figured it out (their draft ability will take time) but let's stop with the past. Look at Seattle and Las Vegas. No pasts to speak about, those orgs just go out and do their business. Like Tampa and Boston do as well. 

These media guys trying to throw water on this team of fire. 

Nothing new there media-wise, it's got worse in the last 10 years, I'm wondering how low they can sink although their pretty much at the bottom now.. I keep saying they're WORSE than useless and they keep proving me correct.. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, iceman1964 said:

Nothing new there media-wise, it's got worse in the last 10 years, I'm wondering how low they can sink although their pretty much at the bottom now.. I keep saying they're WORSE than useless and they keep proving me correct.. 

Wait until we start getting jock itch reports. Then you'll know how low it gets....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well, since the press has made it a hot topic out of nowhere, why not hear some from one of the principals! Bet there won't be anything from the other side!

Wasn't trying to "keep his job "

Was "looking 3-4 years down the road"

Was "trying to do the best thing for the organization"

Not much else to read between the lines right there.   They had different visions, I wonder which vision the owners liked more? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well fellow Canucks it's game day here in Ottawa. There are going to be few followers at this game,myself included.

Looking forward to meeting one, the others l have no idea who they are. 

This forum has allowed me to be educated on players of today . My following can not and will not change since 1971.

This game is my x-mas gift to myself.(wife following).

I am looking forward to our team not letting their foot off the gas pedal. Rick Tochett is our answer to years of waiting. His desire is unmatched with other coaches.

I think l should wear depends, so l don't miss a second.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ottawa is heating up, in 7 of their last 10 games, they have scored 4 or more goals.

They have a lot of offensive weapons Stutzle the one stirring the pot for Ottawa in all of it. Can't afford to trade chances with this team, have to play to the Tocchet structure if you want to beat this team.

6 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Well fellow Canucks it's game day here in Ottawa. There are going to be few followers at this game,myself included.

Looking forward to meeting one, the others l have no idea who they are. 

This forum has allowed me to be educated on players of today . My following can not and will not change since 1971.

This game is my x-mas gift to myself.(wife following).

I am looking forward to our team not letting their foot off the gas pedal. Rick Tochett is our answer to years of waiting. His desire is unmatched with other coaches.

I think l should wear depends, so l don't miss a second.

Have a good time, snowman. 

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Ottawa is heating up, in 7 of their last 10 games, they have scored 4 or more goals.

They have a lot of offensive weapons Stutzle the one stirring the pot for Ottawa in all of it. Can't afford to trade chances with this team, have to play to the Tocchet structure if you want to beat this team.

Strudel can eat it, just like the rest of the SenitentTurds.

• Cheers 1