[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

2 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

How does Tomlinson land that job over Ray? Did Ray not want it?

Ray's still under contract with ESPN that disallows him from broadcasting national games with other companies, so he's only able to do regional games right now. I'm hoping he'll be on Sportsnet full time once his ESPN contract is up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rounoush said:

I think Ray has prior obligations on other networks so it can only be part-time...at least right now anyways.

100% correct.  

From an interview with Ray on the Bob McCown podcast...  “I hope this year to do 20 games,” Ferraro said. “I still have a year of contractual limitations with TSN. I think it’s going to work out to about 20 this year in the 2023-24 season. I hope to get it upwards to 30 next year, but that’s for next year’s schedule to figure out.”

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just keep playing as hard as you have veen boys, it's been incredibly entertaining hockey, haven't had this much fun as a Canucks fan since Bure arrived.  I will admit I didn't think Tocchet would be the one to turn these guys around but him and his amazing coaching staff have been great.  More than happy to eat some humble pie there.  Go Nucks