[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

Senators wont be a easy game, they gonna start playing better, and i beilve they will...maple leafs if they play woll will be the toughest out of all the games we have played thus far, crazy forward talent, def sucks and 1 good goalie ..that game will be exciting to watch for sure....so cant say if we will win or lose that one ...mtl/otawa are up in the air cause they not top teams, but have some great young talent....will be a fun 3 game road tripe for us fans, with up and down emotions hehe

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thing is, the Canucks haven't gotten too high or too low in their reactions to the wins. I think they'll look to come out a bit stronger against these teams. 

They'll come out with the silent swagger of knowing who they are, what is expected of them by coaches and management, and where and what they contribute to the team and ultimately team success.

Long-winded way of saying, "Just Win Baby!"  But be cool about it.

Hush, hush, thought I heard someone callin' our name, now hush.

Modern version of this with Ian Cole and Brady Tkachuk would be nice:

7sdpb0Y.gif

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm not worried about trap games.

Not only because all three opposing teams will play against us on 2nd game of back to back but also because our players will be pumped to show the eastern media their level of elite skill and effort..

We have some star players and they don't get much viewing in the eastern Canada because 3 hour time difference. 

No one in Toronto is going to watch Canucks game on TV starting at 10pm and finishint at 1am. So we don't get many eyeballs out east.

The players know this and will wanna show up on this trip through Ottawa Toronto and Montreal. 

They're are a lot of media votes for NHL awards in that part of the country. Players want those awards. 

I don't really buy this argument at all. If you like hockey and it's your job you can certainly stay up until 1:00 AM to watch a hockey game. What adult can't do that?

I'm only a fan and I do it all year long. I also enjoy NFL football, soccer, and rugby and I'm routinely staying up that late or getting up at 6 am to watch sports. What about @spook007 I think he's overseas and he still catches games ... I think.

I personally don't know the East as well as the West but that's simply because I'm a Canucks fan who focuses on them and the Western Conference. With PVR if you have a job that requires you to have thorough knowledge there really is no excuse like the games are too late to watch.

Does it really even matter if TSN or Sportsnet had more crap coverage of the Canucks then it does the Leafs? They would still be the same crap reporters just doing Canucks stuff instead.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

They'll come out with the silent swagger of knowing who they are, what is expected of them by coaches and management, and where and what they contribute to the team and ultimately team success.

Well put. They do have such a focused way about them. Business, as Tocc has said. They put in the work, and it shows.

200.gif

Like what pilgrim did Blackmore roll for that chapeau?

7sdpb0Y.gif

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

Senators wont be a easy game, they gonna start playing better, and i beilve they will...maple leafs if they play woll will be the toughest out of all the games we have played thus far, crazy forward talent, def sucks and 1 good goalie ..that game will be exciting to watch for sure....so cant say if we will win or lose that one ...mtl/otawa are up in the air cause they not top teams, but have some great young talent....will be a fun 3 game road tripe for us fans, with up and down emotions hehe

I think next Wednesday game vs. NYI should be considered as a road game as well -just one game at home ice and then back on the road to Calgary

Not an easy schedule ahead

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cali Canuck said:

Re who should start looking at the rest of the month, this is what I'd do right now if I was the coach.  I'm not about the back to backs on 11/24 & 11/25.   I'm thinking about maybe going the game on 11/25 but I'll have to see ticket & hotel prices.

image.thumb.png.25fc600577e00bb7860556b4d2d34a22.png

Not and Sure are great acquisitions!..Should give Demmer and CD some much needed rest.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

7sdpb0Y.gif

Man I miss Bieksa, still wish he was the one doing the colour commentary for the Canucks.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

7sdpb0Y.gif

I can watch that over and over. Man, a Bieksa in his prime would be something else on this team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3