[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Stutzle with 4 points over TO 6-3 win. I think they're going to come out physical tomorrow  and try to run us out of the arena.

So looking forward to see how they respond after their slow start last game.  Sens will probably have their legs early.  Again, we may have to weather the storm... But this is what I wanna know.  Will they start like last game or adjust and come out ready to play right away.  If so, then another show of maturity and leadership.  Positive change.   

GCG!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Yeah, no easy games, except maybe SJ. 

Need to be prepared.  Can't lay another egg like the start vs Oilers and expect Demko to bail them out every game. 

It will likely be DeSmith tomorrow, and while he’s been good he’s no Demko. They simply cannot come out slow….these Sens are young and fast and I don’t think counting on them being sluggish due to a back to back scenarios would be wise, as its an easy trip back to Ottawa from Toronto. Sens will all be cozy in their own beds tonight.

But this version of the Canucks, with this coach, seems to not be at all like the other recents versions, so hopefully they come out flying. How effin’ great would 10-2-1 look on the standings page? 😀

• Like 1

Once teddy b comes back I'd like to see Lafferty with Miller and boeser I think he's a more skilled de guiseppe. I don't want to take Hoglander out, and you have to keep beauviller and garland in. You need some size so Joshua stays in. Tough call I guess it's no hurry for teddy to come back, so heal up properly 

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

OMG! Why am I not surprised. Mr. experimentation - screw the cap - I know better then my scouts - Where's the Safeway, I've ben fired.

There’s been whispers about this being the case for years….Trevor probably being the source of those “whispers”, lol. 

Gotta admit, I kinda like a vindictive Trevor Linden. He sure as hell comes out of the Benning-era looking quite a bit better than Benning himself. Just imagine if Jimbo had succeeded in getting his guy, Cody Glass. Or Mittlestadt. 😳

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I expect the bottom two lines to come out and play hard, right from the start.  Nobody wants to come out of the line up.... Which WILL happen... All they have to do is look over their shoulder and see Bluegar, waiting in the wing. 

So Höglander, Beau, Joshua, and even Garland know they have to put their best efforts or they will be on the bench next game.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Happy to see Myers succeeding.

its fun to make fun of his chaos giraffe moments but he's always been a class act off the ice and we need him to be a solid defender, it makes the D so much more well rounded.

E668BB21-A391-4609-84D0-098E751B22CE.jpeg

Couldn’t agree more. If we get to the playoffs Myers will be indispensable and solid on and off the ice. I’ve always liked him. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Benning was a clown. Probably had a dartboard that informed his draft choices. 

He flew and watched them play in the Ivan Hlinka or a couple games of junior and that was enough for him.

Good GMs delegate to the experts in the room, yet Benning and Weisbrod seemed to want to call all the shots.

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, vermette9 said:

Once teddy b comes back I'd like to see Lafferty with Miller and boeser I think he's a more skilled de guiseppe. I don't want to take Hoglander out, and you have to keep beauviller and garland in. You need some size so Joshua stays in. Tough call I guess it's no hurry for teddy to come back, so heal up properly 

No you don’t.

Beauvillier is likely coming out, unless he gets traded soon.

Joshua - Suter - Garland

Hoglander - Blueger - Lafferty

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He flew and watched them play in the Ivan Hlinka or a couple games of junior and that was enough for him.

Good GMs delegate to the experts in the room, yet Benning and Weisbrod seemed to want to call all the shots.

This vice grip on decisions was dumb. I’m thinking Benning knifed Trev in the back and resulted in Linden moving on. 

• ThereItIs 1