[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

21 minutes ago, Provost said:

Sometimes you win games you don’t deserve to… we will take all we can because you know the reverse will happen too.

They've got not an easy schedule coming up, so if they can pull off a victory playing a back up goalie and with 60%-70% effort- it is a good strategy 

• ThereItIs 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Just now, Vancan said:

Not even the 2011 Canucks which led the NHL in almost all categories that year, had this impressive of a start!

Indeed Vancan, for some reason they're playing like they know they won't lose.

Even when under pressure (Oilers shot count 20-2) they stick to the game plan and can actually pull it off!

Tonight again, Sens came on strong but there's a new poise about us which is quite impressive.

Like as if they knew one Miller shift would solve things.

But y'know, we have so many game changers in the squad, take your pick who might find the way.

That Petey blast though, such a waste of one minute fifty eight seconds power play time.

I'd swim from the Island to see such excellent execution as that PP.

Even the coaches deserve kudos, my liver appreciates it, anyway.

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Yep, you put in 100% of the work, you get 100% of the benefit. Everything should be so fair. 

Another thing I love? Whenever you get some good work in .... you feel GREAT the rest of the day. I like getting work done in the morning so that I have that feeling for the next 12 hours until I go to bed. A great rush, that. 

Completely true, I also used to love pushing myself after work when I was dead tired but mentally turned into a robot and crushed it!worked all day at the old Avalon milk location on wales and 41st ,lifting 36 litres of milk all day and then would ride my bike to UBC and swim 100 laps then ride home to 6th and Quebec and lift weights.three days a week.never felt happier and slept like baby.obviously didn’t have a family at that time 😉!

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, PeteyBoeser said:

I feel cheated on when all three are doing different game.. I got excited when I heard garret but guess must live with Chris Cuthbert 

Who else out there has the sense that Chris Cuthbert is a lizard person…

for reals man…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Man Pavel Dadyuk was the man!

Yeah exactly... when people starts to compare Petey to players like Dadsyuk, it shows they are starting to open their eyes...

Allvins 'We don't have a superstar' is actually starting to be true... we've got TWO.... 

I don't think I've ever been as excited, watching the Canucks over the years, as I am just now.... so flipping good...

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Good thing we didn't trade or cancel Miller.

And people thought we got ripped off on JT, I still chuckle about it but it was media based bull$hit as usual... Other way around, we stole him for a bargain basement price, THAT was classic, played on a line with Stamkos on occasion and played great, I nearly choked on my coffee when I read the media stupidity about us getting ripped.. what a joke! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Yeah exactly... when people starts to compare Petey to players like Dadsyuk, it shows they are starting to open their eyes...

Allvins 'We don't have a superstar' is actually starting to be true... we've got TWO.... 

I don't think I've ever been as excited, watching the Canucks over the years, as I am just now.... so flipping good...

And a few "near" superstars next to them.. however we played awful tonight, was very surprised we won it after the sloppy playing that reminded me of last season after all the D injuries last year just as the season started, we hit a point 5 games or so in where we hesitated with the puck, we held onto it way too long when we had it, other teams feasted on us, we need to get the puck movement faster, we were way to easy to read and react to.

If we give the leafs all those chances, Matthews, Mariner, and Nylander will destroy us and it can't be all on Demko's shoulders either, yes he has to play his A game no matter what BUT he can only stop so much.

Edited by iceman1964
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Didn’t Linden choose Benning to be the GM?

Didn't that happen years ago and is irrelevant now no matter who picked Jimmy? Obviously FA..  stop kicking the dead horse, f'n thing isn't going to get up and walk, just so ya know...  ( If ya didn't know, now ya know! ).  😄

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

And a few "near" superstars next to them.. however we played awful tonight, was very surprised we won it after the sloppy playing that reminded me of last season after all the D injuries last year just as the season started, we hit a point 5 games or so in where we hesitated with the puck, we held onto it way too long when we had it, other teams feasted on us, we need to get the puck movement faster, we were way to easy to read and react to.

If we give the leafs all those chances, Matthews, Mariner, and Nylander will destroy us and it can't be all on Demko's shoulders either, yes he has to play his A game no matter what BUT he can only stop so much.

True... We are gonna get games like this during the course of the season, but the fact we win them instead of losing them, bears testament to individual quality within the team.

I think they'll give Leafs a hiding Tomorrow night... I think they are waiting for the chance to show the eastern press (ad themselves), that they are legit and can go toe to toe with anyone.

And yes when I said two superstars, I was thinking about what level Miller and Demko comes into, but I do think they are still a level below Oetey and QH, although the other two need these players as well...

26 minutes ago, The Duke said:

The fact that Carolina (or the Rangers) didn’t make a serious offer on Miller still boggles my mind.  He’s so good.  

(Glad it never happened, too.)

Allvin set the bar high. But now we also know they saw Bo as the movable piece. Maybe the Miller trade stuff was all smoke screen?

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Allvin set the bar high. But now we also know they saw Bo as the movable piece. Maybe the Miller trade stuff was all smoke screen?

Yeah, for sure - maybe there was interest but not at the asking price. I was all about moving him at the time but it’s really hard to imagine the team without him.  That spark is so important.

• Vintage 1

22 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

Didn't that happen years ago and is irrelevant now no matter who picked Jimmy? Obviously FA..  stop kicking the dead horse, f'n thing isn't going to get up and walk, just so ya know...  ( If ya didn't know, now ya know! ).  😄

Tell me how you really feel…

Meme Think GIF