[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This vice grip on decisions was dumb. I’m thinking Benning knifed Trev in the back and resulted in Linden moving on. 

Too bad. Linden would of been in position to fire Benning at any point, or nix trades? May have been there to help avoid the OEL debacle. 

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Easily. And with great vitriol. That being said, they’re a hard working team with some young talent. 

They remind me of another team….

I’ve just always found them to be so neutral and harmless. 
even the “battle of Ontario” lol is that even a thing? 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I’ve just always found them to be so neutral and harmless.

When they had Chris Neil and Matt Carkner, they did some harm. 

10 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

even the “battle of Ontario” lol is that even a thing? 

It is. It involves a toque and a cracker. 

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm not worried about trap games.

Not only because all three opposing teams will play against us on 2nd game of back to back but also because our players will be pumped to show the eastern media their level of elite skill and effort..

We have some star players and they don't get much viewing in the eastern Canada because 3 hour time difference. 

No one in Toronto is going to watch Canucks game on TV starting at 10pm and finishint at 1am. So we don't get many eyeballs out east.

The players know this and will wanna show up on this trip through Ottawa Toronto and Montreal. 

They're are a lot of media votes for NHL awards in that part of the country. Players want those awards. 

I recently read an article that mentioned Quinn as 'finally solidifying himself as a top 10 D'... and power rankings that had us at 13th in the league. 

The eastern media is clueless

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

JImmy? have you come home?... come a little closer. Closer!

Go Away Kick GIF by JcrOffroad

linden is speculating what would have happened... maybe he's right... you and so many others are telling a story that JB had to be overruled and the evidence is in the draft table video which it is clearly not.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think Benning told Aqua what he wanted to hear which was that he could turn things around quickly.

Linden had a longer term vision that involved building patiently.

They weren’t aligned in their vision, never were.

It was painful at the time, but in hindsight if we didn't have horrible start two seasons ago plus some thrown jerseys on the ice, Benning might still be our GM.

Aquaman still doesn't have any appetite to rebuild, but at least he got someone who can finally retool properly. 

• Cheers 1

The Virtanen and OJ picks (#6 and #5 overall) really were a punch in the gut and certainly hampered our progress as a team. But it’s also incredible how much better that gut punch pain healed with a certain #5 pick (2017) and the #7 pick (2018). Talk about going from the outhouse to the penthouse in terms of drafting. 😄 Thankful that Benning didn’t pull rank and screw up the Quinn Hughes pick. So for that I’ll say “Thank you Jim(bo)”.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I watched the end of Sens/Leafs game. I think the Sens will be a tougher opponent than the Leafs.  They started their good goalie (Woll) and still imploded in the third period.  I also watched the first period of the Kings / Knights game.  They play some big boy hockey, both will be a good test for the Canuck.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

linden is speculating what would have happened... maybe he's right... you and so many others are telling a story that JB had to be overruled and the evidence is in the draft table video which it is clearly not.

Yeah, but people need Linden to be the hero so Petey = Linden and Judd dramatically saving the day and Virtanen and Juolevi = Benning and Weisbrod overriding everyone to do something dumb.

The truth is, our amateur scouting is the best it’s been in forever - and it started under the Benning managment group.

I also like how Linden, who hired Benning (and Willie D) but then apparently got outmaneuvered behind the scenes by Benning (who’s dopily honest to a fault)  - gets turned into some kind of tragic hero.  At best, he looks every bit as incompetent as Benning. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, ice_eight said:

We have to sweep the eastern Canada teams. Its doable, as long as we dont give up a ton of shots like the game against the Oilers. 

Kinda disagree with the “have to” but it would sure be cool as hell.

I’m going to go on record in saying this 3 game trip will prove to be tougher than some in here are saying it will be. These Sens are fast, with that German kid being a the top of the speed burner list. I’d like the player better if he didn’t dive like he was playing in the Bundesliga, lol.