[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senatards Thursday Nov 9 @ 4pm PT / 7pm ET SNP/TSN5/RDS2/SN650

John.Tallhouse

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Perhaps, but if rumors are true, JB pushed him out. I can see why Linden didn't hold back on this interview. 

Still would like Linden back in the organization. Maybe get his name on the cup as part of the management. 

There’s sour grapes for sure.  But JB is coming out and denying it after hiding for 2 years says something as well - he was always comically honest to a fault.  

I read his little quote as trying to say maybe people thought his due diligence meant he was leaning to other players. 

I remember buzz around us scouting Colby Barlow a lot but we wouldn’t even risk a 2 spot trade down with Willander on the board - he was clearly the guy. Sometimes some scouting is just some due diligence.

I loved linden the player but as I’ve said enough in this thread I don’t have any time for him as management.  Promote the Sedins if we need anyone.

10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Still would like Linden back in the organization. Maybe get his name on the cup as part of the management. 

I think that ship has sailed.  We're good with the group we have.

Where would Trevor Linden fit into the organization and actually improve the team?

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

i do get up during the night regularly, but also recently started to record the games, as I don't get to hear the results prior to watching them. 
But I do like to watch it live, and will be doing so tomorrow.... midnight puck drop. 

Love to watch the Canucks 😃💪🏒🥅

Cheers brother. You're a great fan. Always appreciate your comments.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

And stuck with them.  The Sedins certainly were late bloomers and many here would be calling for a trade as a result.  Nonis got fired for not trading Kesler.

Tony Gallagher once said in the lean years of 2005/7 that they should just trade the Sedins and Kesler and rebuild. Imagine that "win now" trade for Brad Richards went through. Nonis had a decent reputation until David Clarkson. 

2 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

I think that ship has sailed.  We're good with the group we have.

Where would Trevor Linden fit into the organization and actually improve the team?

Our team of coaches really are an incredible roster / line up when you think about it. I’d love to see them in an alumni game:

Sedin - Sedin - Tocchet 

Foote - Gonchar

Deadly!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Veskit said:

It's true whether we think it's valid or not.  I also fail to understand people who are paid to know this stuff aren't just going to bed later and getting up later in the day.  I mean people work night shift which is way worse on your body.  Just get up at noon if you live out east....  That said it's been like this for several decades, they do it because it seems it's ok for them to do it so why not continue?

Has there actually been any reports or articles that mention any of this, or is this just something fans make up when a Canuck doesn't win an award? Seems like it could be a bit of made up conjecture. I certainly can't recall any valid reports that refer to this.

I really couldn't care less about awards for these guys myself so I don't follow that stuff very closely. If you had any links they would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Tony Gallagher once said in the lean years of 2005/7 that they should just trade the Sedins and Kesler and rebuild. Imagine that "win now" trade for Brad Richards went through. Nonis had a decent reputation until David Clarkson. 

Talk on the radio shows then was trading Sedins for Vincent Lecavalier. 

1 hour ago, Cali Canuck said:

I watched the end of Sens/Leafs game. I think the Sens will be a tougher opponent than the Leafs.  They started their good goalie (Woll) and still imploded in the third period.  I also watched the first period of the Kings / Knights game.  They play some big boy hockey, both will be a good test for the Canuck.

And we don't face the Kings until March/April. Weird scheduling.

• Huggy Bear 1

45 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Linden was president when we traded Forsling for Clendenning.  When we traded the 2nd that became Rasmus Anderson for Baertschi.  Traded McCann for Gudbranson.  Signed Eriksson. All the bad moves.

As terrible as the OEL trade was, at least he and Garland are playing good hockey 3 years later. 

Holy balls I know I’m yelling into the void here but if Benning is a turd GM then he was president turd - and it was HIS job to “manage up” to the Aquilinis and he failed miserably. 

No one knows the dynamics of their working relationship though, between Linden and JB. Who ultimately did this or who did that. The OEL trade may well go down as one of the worst trades in modern NHL history. That's on JB. I'd take Forsberg for Erat over this OEL debacle, buyout, Garland extension. 

Should be an interesting match up against the Sens.after their victory over the Leafs tonight.

The team has some talented players including Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Sanderson,  and Chychrun - along with some veteran leadership in Giroux.  - unlike the Oilers, the Sens attack seems to be a bit more balanced so the Canucks have to be aware of their coverage zones at all times.

I was happy with the victory over the Oilers on Monday though would have liked the Canucks to have a bit better of a start - without Demmer, the Canucks could have been down by 2-3 goals -  hopefully, RT + company can address the issue of slower starts - something even BB acknowledged last year.  I don't expect the team to always have offensive pressure at the start of each game but to play a patient structured period until they can get the legs going.  Keep the score close / leading after the first - to give your team a decent chance the rest of the game.

Hopefully this team can pick up  2/3 on this Canadian road trip.

Go Canucks

I watched the end of Sens/Leafs game. I think the Sens will be a tougher opponent than the Leafs.  They started their good goalie (Woll) and still imploded in the third period.  I also watched the first period of the Kings / Knights game.  They play some big boy hockey, both will be a good test for the Canuck.

Can't wait. 

1 minute ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Should be an interesting match up against the Sens.after their victory over the Leafs tonight.

The team has some talented players including Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Sanderson,  and Chychrun - along with some veteran leadership in Giroux.  - unlike the Oilers, the Sens attack seems to be a bit more balanced so the Canucks have to be aware of their coverage zones at all times.

I was happy with the victory over the Oilers on Monday though would have liked the Canucks to have a bit better of a start - without Demmer, the Canucks could have been down by 2-3 goals -  hopefully, RT + company can address the issue of slower starts - something even BB acknowledged last year.  I don't expect the team to always have offensive pressure at the start of each game but to play a patient structured period until they can get the legs going.  Keep the score close / leading after the first - to give your team a decent chance the rest of the game.

Hopefully this team can pick up  2/3 on this Canadian road trip.

Go Canucks

I know the temptation is there to be greedy given our great start, but getting 2 out of 3 of these games would be very good. These teams will be primed to give us their best games. Leafs in particular won’t want this upstart darling from the far flung reaches of the Left Coast coming into their barn and giving their fans even more reason to panic about their season. 😀

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I can’t see this three as real difference makers. Benning bought damaged goods in Ferlands case. 

Very true. - the team wasn't able to get insurance on his salary 'cos of his medical history 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Linden was president when we traded Forsling for Clendenning.  When we traded the 2nd that became Rasmus Anderson for Baertschi.  Traded McCann for Gudbranson.  Signed Eriksson. All the bad moves.

As terrible as the OEL trade was, at least he and Garland are playing good hockey 3 years later. 

Holy balls I know I’m yelling into the void here but if Benning is a turd GM then he was president turd - and it was HIS job to “manage up” to the Aquilinis and he failed miserably. 

Good points. Seems like Linden was too afraid to fix his mistake. As the President he should have fired him if he wasn't doing the job.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Linden was a great player. I’m not a fan of his management abilities. It’s unfortunate that the failed experiment has resulted in the toxicity that remains, and too bad Linden feels he needs to publicly belittle the fired GM whom he didn’t align with. It was nice to see Linden show up to honour Hughes’ captaincy, but I hope he keeps his commentary like this out of the public domain. It just doesn’t help.

Indeed 

I've always loved Linden, but this was kinda petty and just doesn't need to be around the team right now. 

Kings and Knights are big teams that clutter up the middle and don't give much. 

I fell asleep after the 1st period haha 

With Vegas loss to the Kings, we have 2 games in hand but otherwise identical 9 - 2 - 1 records (ofc they have won these 2 games in hand for 11-2-1,  but after our upcoming wins vs Sens and Laffs we will be tied for 1st in the West)

WOW, just WOW