[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Which is why if Beauvillier is moved I think it'll be more along the lines of a hockey trade that brings cap back as opposed to paying to dump his entire cap hit. 

I don't agree. If Beauvillier is moved, it better be for a late pick or send him to Abby, sit in the press box, or let him walk at the end of the season. We are not desperate to take a loss in any way or form, including taking back Cap. 

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

mantha doesn't use his size and he considerably slower than AB.  I didn't like AB in the horvat deal, not a huge fan of him in Van, but he's been playing decently well and I don't see a need to disrupt chemistry to trade a fwd for a fwd, which doesn't solve their logjam issue

See, that's fair. But I wasn't presenting Mantha as an upgrade, just a different fit. 

You seem to think better of Beau as a Canuck than I do though, I find him to be rather underwhelming. Wasn't sold on him being part of the package either. I view him as having neutral value at best. 

6 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

My bad on the term. 

A non physical, non producing, lazy floater with a 1.6 mil cap add on Beauv. This isn't an option the Canucks are considering. 

My eyes shift to teams like Columbus and Nashville who could both benefit from scoring depth and could also afford to give up a RHD. Columbus have a surplus of wingers but they could benefit from more quality in the line-up. Beauv brings that. The fact that he isn't in our top 6 doesn't make him a 4th liner league wide. The guy can produce given more minutes and a better systems fit. 

To Columbus: Anthony Beauvillier and Artus Silovs
To Vancouver: Andrew Peeke and draft pick

I agree Columbus and Nashville could be fits, particularly because of Columbus's D surplus. I see Silovs as a non-starter though, we don't have much in the cupboards as far as tender prospects go and he's very good one. 

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I'd like to see Beauvillier+ to CGY for Tanev. 

Maybe the + could be Juulsen or Wolanin, as VAN would likely have to add and the Flames might want a serviceable D coming back.

Hughes - Tanev

Cole - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Friedman

^ this would be ideal. 

I like the idea of H-H starting games, pushing the offence but we can close out games better probably with your configuration. 

7 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I don't agree. If Beauvillier is moved, it better be for a late pick or send him to Abby, sit in the press box, or let him walk at the end of the season. We are not desperate to take a loss in any way or form, including taking back Cap. 

Doubt we waive him at 4.15M and I expect it'd take more than a late pick to move him, but my take on his trade value seems to be different than some others. 

You don't have to agree, but I think it's more likely that if he's moved it's as part of a hockey trade with multiple pieces being involved. Maybe Beau+ for a D, cap coming back doesn't have to be viewed as a negative if the player is a better fit. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I agree Columbus and Nashville could be fits, particularly because of Columbus's D surplus. I see Silovs as a non-starter though, we don't have much in the cupboards as far as tender prospects go and he's very good one. 

I don't. I see Silovs as a piece that's intriguing for Columbus who don't have much at all between the pipes in the NHL or in prospects. Canucks have already "replaced" Silovs with Tolopilo for example. Not gonna debate who is the better goalie.. difference is negligible at best. 

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Doubt we waive him at 4.15M and I expect it'd take more than a late pick to move him, but my take on his trade value seems to be different than some others. 

You don't have to agree, but I think it's more likely that if he's moved it's as part of a hockey trade with multiple pieces being involved. Maybe Beau+ for a D, cap coming back doesn't have to be viewed as a negative if the player is a better fit. 

I don't agree at all. There's no need to move him unless he's part of a deal that clearly improves our team, without losing prospects, picks or gaining more Cap and term. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Power-Forward said:

Its too bad we didn't flip him as soon as we got him.  e has only lost trade value since then :classic_sad:

New Beau played better after the trade thsn old Beau. Taking new Beau (his contract is up this year) allowed us to dumperoo the elephant and get Hronek. Huge win for our club. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the only wrinkle is Cowtown might have to retain a few hundred grand to make the cap work? so maybe its new Beau + a 4th, something like that. 

A lot of teams will likely be calling about Tanev. I'm sure they could to better than Beau plus a late pick. 

That said I still think a deal could be made. Beau was working pretty well with Petey and Kuz back when we first acquired him, so he could potentially be someone that could help jumpstart Huberdeau. I think a more realistic trade looks something like this.

To Vancouver

-Chris Tanev

To Calgary

-Beauvillier 

-Juulsen

-2024 2nd rd pick

• Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

New Beau played better after the trade thsn old Beau. Taking new Beau (his contract is up this year) allowed us to dumperoo the elephant and get Hronek. Huge win for our club. 

You're right.  Beau did play better last year when the trade was made.  However, this year Bo has almost double Beau's points.  I will still be booing Bo if i go to the next upcoming Islanders game though.  Hronek has been great.  I hope that if we can move Beau, we can get something of value for him for our team.

Im sure garly is retracting his trade request after the way we have started hes been great 

downlow on the forcheck and on the walls beau on the other hand for me is mid and is a waste of a roster spot hes been underwhelming love to see a trade hapoen to send him out 

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

A lot of teams will likely be calling about Tanev. I'm sure they could to better than Beau plus a late pick. 

That said I still think a deal could be made. Beau was working pretty well with Petey and Kuz back when we first acquired him, so he could potentially be someone that could help jumpstart Huberdeau. I think a more realistic trade looks something like this.

To Vancouver

-Chris Tanev

To Calgary

-Beauvillier 

-Juulsen

-2024 2nd rd pick

I'd be happy for that deal too. Really anything but a 1st or prime prospect like JK or Willander and lets get 'er dun. 

I like Garland's play this year but it's clear (as he said himself around preseason; ) He doesn't want to be here. If you look far enough back;

when Benning made the trade for OEL and Garland, the small dude said he wasn't 5'8, he was 5'6; he appreciated the opportunity 

In short; If Alvin can pull off a reasonable trade for Conor and raise our available Cap space a tad; The is a Bonus. 

Hell; It could very well happen on this road trip...

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be happy for that deal too. Really anything but a 1st or prime prospect like JK or Willander and lets get 'er dun. 

I don't like giving up picks, but if we're truly in our window, it may be time to go for it. 

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Tanev

Soucy-Myers

Friedman

That's solid as hell from top to bottom. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Anthony Beauvillier. YOU are the weakest link. Goodbye. 

I really like that PA make the necessary moves to be better. I can't pick another player on the roster who has underwhelmed more. 

I can't think of a player who moves so much and does so little as Beauvillier has done this season. 

• ThereItIs 1