[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

8 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

There's no need to move him unless he's part of a deal that clearly improves our team, without losing prospects, picks or gaining more Cap and term. 

Beauvillier is known as a streaky player and the only points he has this year he got recently, so maybe the time to move him is now before he crashes back down to earth.

That is one reason there could be a renewed interest on management's part in trying to sell soon.

Another reason may be that we already have our preferred players for AB's position and want to shoehorn them in.

Or, as you say, as part of another deal, even somewhat like the one where we acquired AB in the first place, or maybe Alf's favorite, a 3-Way, eh @Alflives

Personally, I do not think Beauvillier is worth very much so I don't expect much back if anything and would probably even go to some retention (it would only be for this year right?)

But if GM Allvin has somebody on the other end of those hard-working phones that wants to pony up for AB, it's Bye Bye Beau-Beau for me, yes please, sooner the better, addition by subtraction, Yes Indeedee, Go Beau Go.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

I don't like giving up picks, but if we're truly in our window, it may be time to go for it. 

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Tanev

Soucy-Myers

Friedman

That's solid as hell from top to bottom. 

Why start keeping 2nd round picks now? its our thing. 

With Myers new found calmer play, that certainly looks good. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Goal_thecup said:

Beauvillier is known as a streaky player and the only points he has this year he got recently, so maybe the time to move him is now before he crashes back down to earth.

That is one reason there could be a renewed interest on management's part in trying to sell soon.

Another reason may be that we already have our preferred players for AB's position and want to shoehorn them in.

Or, as you say, as part of another deal, even somewhat like the one where we acquired AB in the first place, or maybe Alf's favorite, a 3-Way, eh @Alflives

Personally, I do not think Beauvillier is worth very much so I don't expect much back if anything and would probably even go to some retention (it would only be for this year right?)

But if GM Allvin has somebody on the other end of those hard-working phones that wants to pony up for AB, it's Bye Bye Beau-Beau for me, yes please, sooner the better, addition by subtraction, Yes Indeedee, Go Beau Go.

Yeah, I get it. 

He's been okay. Last year he had a good run. But he's expendable - at the right price. 

IF the right deal comes along, great. 

Otherwise, he's walking at the end of the year, so it doesn't cost a dime. 

And again, we are NOT desperate. 

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I can't think of a player who moves so much and does so little as Beauvillier has done this season. 

its truly incredible how quickly he can fly down the wing, angle himself to the outside, and throw the most perfect limp wrister right into the crest

then the camera cuts to his face as he takes a breath knowing he has fulfilled his purpose

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Beau for Fabbro.

Canucks gain $2M in cap space.

where do we sign? get it done

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I don't. I see Silovs as a piece that's intriguing for Columbus who don't have much at all between the pipes in the NHL or in prospects. Canucks have already "replaced" Silovs with Tolopilo for example. Not gonna debate who is the better goalie.. difference is negligible at best. 

If that's the case, then why has Silovs played more games.  Yes, they're #s are similar, but Silovs is a year

younger. Unless Clark gives them the not, it's too early to give up on either of them.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

He's not well positioned in bottom 6, he needs to be in the top 2 lines to be effective, IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I'm pretty sure the plan was always to try and trade him by the trade deadline. He clearly wasn't ever in the long-term plans and was part of the trade to make the cap work. He's always been streaky, but at 50% retained (2M cap hit) he should be attractive to a team looking for some added depth for the playoffs.

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

If that's the case, then why has Silovs played more games.  Yes, they're #s are similar, but Silovs is a year

younger. Unless Clark gives them the not, it's too early to give up on either of them.

I'd rather keep both. I understand the argument that Columbus would be interested in goaltending prospects, but my position is that the Canucks should very much be as well.

Demko will be 28 in December, top end tenders seem to age better but it's hard to project things like health. One could argue that Demko could still be playing at an elite level at age 34, which would give us another 6ish seasons of top flight goaltending, but one could also argue that the Canucks need to start developing young tenders now as well. The more quality tender prospects we have the better our odds of having one turn out for us. Sooner or later we're going to need an heir apparent.

Management needs to balance trying to build and maintain a competitive NHL roster with building the future, I view holding on to young tenders as being more of the latter but it could very well be both. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, soggy said:

@Coconutsdont say it

i know youre thinking it

but dont say it

just be still man

be still man

stillman

shhh..

A wise man once wrote that "Riley Stillman is the hero Vancouver deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Our tank commander. A dark knight.". 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Not basing my opinion on player performance this season. Nobody being half serious would ever do that. I've watched Tolopilo plenty over in Sweden and I've seen plenty of Silovs. It's not even a knock on Silovs. Tolopilo just happens to be pretty much just as good or better. What's a year in age for a goalie? Negligible. 

You gotta give to get. In my mind Silovs is one of the easier pieces to move out of the things we've got. I think it's an asset that would be intriguing for Columbus and help motivate why they would do the trade I proposed. 

Columbus: Get 26 year old scoring forward, goalie prospect, new Latvian buddy for Elvis, get out from Peeke (don't play him, signed for 3 more years), give up easily moveable pieces
Vancouver: Get 25 year old RHD, take risk on term, Peeke with our coaching is a great match, shed 1.4 mil, give up surplus pieces for need

Both teams shuffle surplus pieces for better fits. This is usually how a "hockey trade" would look. It makes sense for both sides. It helps both. 

I mean to me it makes brilliant sense. I never do proposals in general. Fair trades you gotta give a little to get something. 

Edit: Can't believe I need to add this to the discussion - OBVIOUSLY the Canucks are free to select more goalies in upcoming drafts. Why not sign really promising UFA goalies like they did with Tolopilo. If they end up being a consistent playoff team, why not pick up one of those #1 ranked goalie prospects with a 1st rounder in the next what.. 3-4 drafts? Should cover for Demko 7-8 years down the road.. things don't happen in a vacuum.

Edited by DeltaSwede

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

A wise man once wrote that "Riley Stillman is the hero Vancouver deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Our tank commander. A dark knight.". 

Robert Pattinson Cinema GIF by The Batman

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

52 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I don't. I see Silovs as a piece that's intriguing for Columbus who don't have much at all between the pipes in the NHL or in prospects. Canucks have already "replaced" Silovs with Tolopilo for example. Not gonna debate who is the better goalie.. difference is negligible at best. 

Too early to claim Silovs has been “replaced”. And no need to deal him this season unless in package that involves a top 3 RHD coming back. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, DeltaSwede said:

Not basing my opinion on player performance this season. Nobody being half serious would ever do that. I've watched Tolopilo plenty over in Sweden and I've seen plenty of Silovs. It's not even a knock on Silovs. Tolopilo just happens to be pretty much just as good or better. What's a year in age for a goalie? Negligible. 

You gotta give to get. In my mind Silovs is one of the easier pieces to move out of the things we've got. I think it's an asset that would be intriguing for Columbus and help motivate why they would do the trade I proposed. 

Columbus: Get 26 year old scoring forward, goalie prospect, new Latvian buddy for Elvis, get out from Peeke (don't play him, signed for 3 more years), give up easily moveable pieces
Vancouver: Get 25 year old RHD, take risk on term, Peeke with our coaching is a great match, give up a prospect from a position of surplus. 

I mean to me it makes brilliant sense. I never do proposals in general. Fair trades you gotta give a little to get something. 

Peeke can be had for a pick.

No need to waste the investment made thus far into Silovs for a guy who’s a healthy scratch Dman. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Vancouver: Get 25 year old RHD, take risk on term, Peeke with our coaching is a great match, give up a prospect from a position of surplus. 

Edit: Can't believe I need to add this to the discussion - OBVIOUSLY the Canucks are free to select more goalies in upcoming drafts. If they end up being a consistent playoff team, why not pick up one of those #1 ranked goalie prospects with a 1st rounder in the next what.. 3-4 drafts? Should cover for Demko 7-8 years down the road.. things don't happen in a vacuum.

I would keep Silovs because goalie depth is huge and he looks to be coming along nicely. One only needs to look at Edmonton to see what can happen if a franchise has no goalie depth.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2